General NBA Playoff Discussion

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
What's up with Kobe flailing his arms all the time? Garcia got a nice elbow last night.

somebody is getting ready for the playoffs

Yup, looks like the smiley only responses are about all some are capable of during the playoffs.

and some are only capable of spewing nonsense

And some can't differ sense from nonsense and just say the same things over and over: it gets old. Not everyone see everything with your rose colored glasses.

What color are your glasses, Mr. Wonder?

You mean about Kobe flailing elbows all the time? Wasn't he fined for that before? Appears mine are clear on this one. I'm not the one inciting with the "usual" remarks. It was a comment on an NBA player who has repeatedly done something I noticed and someone else decided to incite in general about the person posting.
I think the Mavs' should beat Portland, but I realize it will not be an easy first round series. Portland has a lot of solid options, and Dallas will have to step up and defend this talented team that has proven it can play a variety of styles from the halfcourt game to an uptempo, push the ball up the court style of game. But I think (hope) the Mavs will come out focused, play strong, and be determined to get off to a fast start and advancing in the Playoffs. The first two home games will give them that chance to come out strong in the beginning and hopefully go up 2 games before we have to make that long travel to Portland.

Should be an interesting series.

Go Mavs!
What's up with Kobe flailing his arms all the time? Garcia got a nice elbow last night.

Yup, looks like the smiley only responses are about all some are capable of during the playoffs.

And some can't differ sense from nonsense and just say the same things over and over: it gets old. Not everyone see everything with your rose colored glasses.

You mean about Kobe flailing elbows all the time? Wasn't he fined for that before? Appears mine are clear on this one. I'm not the one inciting with the "usual" remarks. It was a comment on an NBA player who has repeatedly done something I noticed and someone else decided to incite in general about the person posting.

[ Edited by Joecool on Apr 14, 2011 at 5:01 PM ]
Originally posted by dobo:
Right elbow strain for Manu. Doubtful for game 1.

Welcome to page 2.

Manu doubtful for Game 1.
Wow, a lot of respect for Boston in the predictions. Do they have a switch like the Lakers? Even without Perkins? Is Rondo playing that good, enough to be the difference maker?
Wow, a lot of respect for Boston in the predictions. Do they have a switch like the Lakers? Even without Perkins? Is Rondo playing that good, enough to be the difference maker?

They flipped the switch last year, and Rondo was the difference maker in a couple of series' last year as well.

They've looked like crap since the Perkins trade, but I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

They flipped the switch last year, and Rondo was the difference maker in a couple of series' last year as well.

They've looked like crap since the Perkins trade, but I think they deserve the benefit of the doubt.

First round is a given but the Bulls took them to 7 games a couple of years ago and Cleveland worked them pretty hard last year until Lebron gave up. How has Rondo been playing since the Perkins trade. Doesn't Rondo sort of play off of Perkins? There has been too many improvements around the East for them to fight through this year.

One thing took take into consideration in their favor is that they beat CLE and ORL in 6 games each without home court advantage. That's damn impressive.

Damn, now I think I should have picked them to get through the 2nd round.

First round is a given but the Bulls took them to 7 games a couple of years ago and Cleveland worked them pretty hard last year until Lebron gave up. How has Rondo been playing since the Perkins trade. Doesn't Rondo sort of play off of Perkins? There has been too many improvements around the East for them to fight through this year.

One thing took take into consideration in their favor is that they beat CLE and ORL in 6 games each without home court advantage. That's damn impressive.

The Bulls took them to 7 games without Garnett, and Cleveland didn't work them hard at any point.

The Bulls took them to 7 games without Garnett, and Cleveland didn't work them hard at any point.

Yeah, I just realized that when I saw that CLE lost in 6 with home court.

• jrg
  • Veteran

Kobe with 72 points, Odom with 44, Thornton 66, Tyreke with 38, 12, and 14
Pacers definitely holding their own in this opening half. Hansborough, and Collinson came to play today. Rose has looked good, but the Pacers have been the better team thus far, we'll see if they can keep it up in the 2nd half.
The bulls may want to guard the three's in the corner. Just saying.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Bulls down at half
Share 49ersWebzone