There are 163 users in the forums

30 for 30: The Fab Five

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Can't believe webber wasn't on this

Originally posted by crzy:
Can't believe webber wasn't on this

I guess it hurt him really deep. The guy is a sensitive soul. I think that's why him and Nelson couldn't co-exist and Webber ended up being shipped out.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by crzy:
Grant Hill is f**king awesome.

Yeah he is.

Any link so I can watch this would be greatly appreciated.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
Wasn't Jalen just conveying what he thought at the time, as a teenage college kid? I didn't get the sense he felt that way today. Big difference IMO.

It still is getting into the minds of younger folks watching it. Did he also mention that it wasn't right of him to think that?

He was telling a story of that time. Did we need a disclaimer? He did say they thought Christian Laettner was a p*ssy....until they got on the court. Then they saw the dude could ball.
Does Grant Hill understand past-tense??? What a dummy.
Originally posted by binary2nd:
Does Grant Hill understand past-tense??? What a dukie.

Fixed.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Does Grant Hill understand past-tense??? What a dukie.

Fixed.

f**k DUKE

I'm actually a fan of Duke but I can't believe Hill owned himself like this, smh.
I'm actually a fan of Duke but I can't believe Hill owned himself like this, smh.

Eh, Rose didn't exactly back off of his comments about Duke only recruiting "Uncles Toms" when asked about it afterward on First Take.

I mean hell...he's even apologized to Hill about it. I don't see how Hill owned himself here.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Eh, Rose didn't exactly back off of his comments about Duke only recruiting "Uncles Toms" when asked about it afterward on First Take.

I mean hell...he's even apologized to Hill about it. I don't see how Hill owned himself here.

I haven't seen "first take" but just going by the doc, it's pretty freaking clear that Rose was talking about how he though as a youngster...it's actually blatantly clear, for a guy like Hill go on this grand spiel after failing to comprehend something pretty basic, is pretty sad. It makes him look petty and condescending.

Just saw the First Take, again he makes it pretty clear that his hatred towards them was based on his immaturity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDlfp4ADJRE

It sounds like Hill is just being a sensitive nancy, smh.

[ Edited by binary2nd on Mar 16, 2011 at 16:18:35 ]
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

I haven't seen "first take" but just going by the doc, it's pretty freaking clear that Rose was talking about how he though as a youngster...it's actually blatantly clear, for a guy like Hill go on this grand spiel after failing to comprehend something pretty basic, is pretty sad. It makes him look petty and condescending.

Just saw the First Take, again he makes it pretty clear that his hatred towards them was based on his immaturity:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KDlfp4ADJRE

It sounds like Hill is just being a sensitive nancy, smh.

Apparently a Duke education doesn't teach you the difference between "I thought" and "I think". It sounds like he didn't even watch the documentary and just read out of context transcripts. If he had seen the documentary he would known Rose wasn't disparaging Hill's parents but talking about the bitterness he felt, particularly about his father.

Also not all Duke players have the same fond views of Duke: http://www.sportsgrid.com/nba/elton-brand-duke-letter/
i respect what hill said, but i have no problem with what rose said when he was 17 coming out from the hood in detroit. rose has stated clearly that thats what him and the others thought when they were 17, i heard him saying it again on 1st take. i would clearly understand why kids age 17 coming out of the projects would think that way about duke at the time
Originally posted by FredFlintstone:
i respect what hill said, but i have no problem with what rose said when he was 17 coming out from the hood in detroit. rose has stated clearly that thats what him and the others thought when they were 17, i heard him saying it again on 1st take. i would clearly understand why kids age 17 coming out of the projects would think that way about duke at the time

people still think that of Duke
Has anyone read Wilbon's column on Rose vs Hill?

I have a link to it but it's mobile ESPN, hell of a read IMO

http://m.espn.go.com/wireless/story?storyId=6227464&top
Share 49ersWebzone