LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 347 users in the forums

30 for 30: The Fab Five

Another Brilliant documentary.

Rehashing about the early 90s, for me as a young teen then, looking at all the things that came from these guys...I know my basketnall team anted the black socks and black shoes deal...lol hell I just outfitted my 6 year old son with the black socks and black shoes...it was an exciting time, and team to watch. Still hate they lost to the Heels off of Webbers mental mistake.

Jalen was my fav...then Jimmy King was the shizz

[ Edited by ninerlifer on Mar 13, 2011 at 19:51:16 ]
I just posted about this the PL. But this was a great documentary. Jalen Rose is awesome.

I think it's lame that Chris Webber didn't participate, but I guess I can see why he didn't.
Well now I totally see why he didn't lol
Time out!
There have been a few of these Fab Five documentaries over the years.

It always starts great -- the game action, the interviews, the swagger. Then Webb calls timeout, and it takes a sad turn. Then they go into the booster stuff. And I'm over it.

It was a good watch, anyway.
Just started watching it. Good or bad, I think that Michael Jordan and the Fab 5 shaped basketball in the last 20 years more than any other two entities.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Just started watching it. Good or bad, I think that Michael Jordan and the Fab 5 shaped basketball in the last 20 years more than any other two entities.

I think those 2 entities influenced more youth towards basketball than anything else. Allen Iverson is a distant 3rd IMO.
I didn't realize SDSU's coach was the old Michigan coach.
Originally posted by aman49:
I didn't realize SDSU's coach was the old Michigan coach.

I didnt eithier until tonight too.
This makes me realize how much trash talk has been legislated out of the game, and that sucks. I'm watching clips from their games and thinking "damn, you'd get kicked out for acting like that these days".

• MuggD
  • Veteran
When does this episode air again, anyone know?
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Time out!

It was great. And I never knew that they were getting such threats like that from Michigan alums. That corn ball "not Michigan men" crap was going on even back then. Sports just don't seem fun like that anymore.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
This makes me realize how much trash talk has been legislated out of the game, and that sucks. I'm watching clips from their games and thinking "damn, you'd get kicked out for acting like that these days".

Always think the same thing. Or the taunting after dunks. Those guys wouldn't make it past halftime today.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
Sports used to be so much better
Share 49ersWebzone