There are 194 users in the forums

Deron Williams traded to the Nets

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by crzy:
I actually wouldn't mind contraction, I just don't like the status quo. Contract 4 teams and redistribute their talent

What 4 teams?

Magic, Lakers, Celtics and Spurs
I actually wouldn't mind contraction, I just don't like the status quo. Contract 4 teams and redistribute their talent

What 4 teams?

Kings, Hornets, Grizzlies... and the Magic

What 4 teams?

Charlotte, Memphis, New Orleans, Toronto.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Charlotte, Memphis, New Orleans, Atlanta

Atlanta absolutely should be contracted. When you can't fill more than 78% of your building when you're a playoff contender, you should not have a basketball team.
Originally posted by 9erReign:

What 4 teams?

I think the kings have to be considered in any talk like this.

Atlanta absolutely should be contracted. When you can't fill more than 78% of your building when you're a playoff contender, you should not have a basketball team.

I think your original idea is better. Just make the league 8 teams. I know I would watch more then.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

I think your original idea is better. Just make the league 8 teams. I know I would watch more then.

How about splitting the NBA into two leagues like the Premier leagues.

And then teams can be relegated/promoted based on their performance.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran

What 4 teams?

I'd sub Sacramento for Toronto. Toronto is a world class city and having one team in Canada isn't bad, they can support a team financially.
Sacramento never made sense, Cali has too many teams, they could stand to lose 2 actually. It's not like the Kings have any historical signifigance, none of the 4 do which should make it easy.
I think options in Seattle and St. Louis should be explored before contraction is proposed. Especially St. Louis, as they have an arena that could support it.

How about splitting the NBA into two leagues like the Premier leagues.

And then teams can be relegated/promoted based on their performance.

Not a bad idea.

Still trying to figure out my 8 teams though, lol.
LA,SF,Seattle,NY,Dallas,Miami,Boston,Philly.

• crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
I think options in Seattle and St. Louis should be explored before contraction is proposed. Especially St. Louis, as they have an arena that could support it.

Contract Charlotte Memphis,

Move the Hornets to Seattle, Move the Clippers back to San Diego. Move the Hawks back to St Louis. Move the Kings back to Kansas City.

Move the Hornets to Seattle, Move the Clippers back to San Diego. Move the Hawks back to St Louis. Move the Kings back to Kansas City.

That actually isn't a bad plan. But can't you at least move the Kings to Seattle, I could still root for them there.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

What 4 teams?

BUT SACRAMENTO HAS SUCH A GOOD FAN BASE
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by MadMoneyMarshall:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

What 4 teams?

BUT SACRAMENTO HAS SUCH A GOOD FAN BASE

So do most teams when they're winning. What's the attendance like these days?
And I wouldn't move any teams to the midwest, it's a dying area all around. Whatever allegiences they have aren't going change with a recycled sports team.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

That actually isn't a bad plan. But can't you at least move the Kings to Seattle, I could still root for them there.

Does it matter which team moves to Seattle, they'd be called the Sonics again
Share 49ersWebzone