LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 251 users in the forums

Jim Harbaugh Thread - HC Chargers

Shop 49ers game tickets
Originally posted by crake49:
I'll believe Harbaugh's leaving the Niners when I see it happen and not until then. I think he wants to bring the Walsh era greatness back to the Niners. He spent all those days sitting there with Walsh. I think he wants to follow in his footsteps. I think his wife and family love the Bay Area and I think that's important to him. I think he's stubborn and wouldn't want to leave a job undone in terms of winning a championship. And I think the perception of static or uneasiness between him and York and/or Baalke is a completely overblown media narrative.

Agree 100%

The media perpetuating nonsense was funny in the beginning but now it is seriously annoying.
With everything happening around here these days i am starting to question him as a coach if we cant win a Super Bowl this year i wouldnt be upset if we traded him away in the off season. Maybe at best he just a playoff coach that WILL NEVER win a Championship he never won anything meaningful as a player or as a head coach in College or thus far as NFL coach. Yeah its been nice these past few seasons getting back into the big picture and making some noise but honestly since he took over this team has been stacked with so much talent heck some other teams would kill for the roster we got but seems like the coaching staff doesnt take advantage of it. Maybe getting rid of Roman would help but i dont see Harbaugh letting his boy go unless Roman gets hired somewhere else. Stubbornness will only get you so far.
When there's smoke....
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
With everything happening around here these days i am starting to question him as a coach if we cant win a Super Bowl this year i wouldnt be upset if we traded him away in the off season. Maybe at best he just a playoff coach that WILL NEVER win a Championship he never won anything meaningful as a player or as a head coach in College or thus far as NFL coach. Yeah its been nice these past few seasons getting back into the big picture and making some noise but honestly since he took over this team has been stacked with so much talent heck some other teams would kill for the roster we got but seems like the coaching staff doesnt take advantage of it. Maybe getting rid of Roman would help but i dont see Harbaugh letting his boy go unless Roman gets hired somewhere else. Stubbornness will only get you so far.

I just dont understand how people can say this after watching the decade before Harbaugh. He made us relevant again. The grass is not greener on the other side.
Originally posted by natrone06:
I just dont understand how people can say this after watching the decade before Harbaugh. He made us relevant again. The grass is not greener on the other side.
Face it, Harbaugh is mediocre. He's only averaged 12 wins a season here. With the talent this team has, we should be winning 16 games a season. There is literally no excuse for this team not to go 16-0 every year. Plus, he can't win the big game. It's his fault we couldn't score from 1st and goal from the 7 in the Super Bowl.

Everything I just said is sensationalistic and satirical. I love Harbaugh and hope he coaches here for another 15 years.
Originally posted by theduke85:
Originally posted by natrone06:
Face it, Harbaugh is mediocre. He's only averaged 12 wins a season here. With the talent this team has, we should be winning 16 games a season. There is literally no excuse for this team not to go 16-0 every year. Plus, he can't win the big game. It's his fault we couldn't score from 1st and goal from the 7 in the Super Bowl.

Everything I just said is sensationalistic and satirical. I love Harbaugh and hope he coaches here for another 15 years.

he already has one foot out the door
  • kray28
  • Veteran
If Harbaugh fails to win a SB this after three failed tries previously, I think the Niners still try to extend him, but not for the money that Harbaugh might get elsewhere from a more desperate franchise. This does make sense, but I doubt very much that anything being written about it is anything more than speculation.

If the Niners do win the SB (and I think they will this year), Harbaugh getting extended and being made the highest paid coach in the league is a no-brainer.
this is why i wish our coach would just no comment questions from reporters about the seahawks of any other team, police your own house.....

Ann Killion @annkillion · 31m

Just ran thru handy Union-Tribune data base on player arrests. #49ers lead league in Harbaugh era with 10. Detroit 2nd with 9. Raiders - 3.

Ann Killion @annkillion · 23m

To clarify: the arrest record I checked is from start of 2012 on.

Originally posted by crabman82:
this is why i wish our coach would just no comment questions from reporters about the seahawks of any other team, police your own house.....

Ann Killion @annkillion � 31m

Just ran thru handy Union-Tribune data base on player arrests. #49ers lead league in Harbaugh era with 10. Detroit 2nd with 9. Raiders - 3.

Ann Killion @annkillion � 23m

Thought the "above reproach" quote was unnecessary at the time and it looks even sillier now. And before anyone talks about "baby sitting", that's not what it's about, it's about backing it up. Don't claim to be "above" it, especially in comparison to another team, when the actions from our own says otherwise.
[ Edited by NeonNiner on Aug 31, 2014 at 10:15 AM ]
Originally posted by crabman82:

Ann Killion @annkillion · 31m

Ann Killion @annkillion · 23m

LOL. Half of those are Aldon Smith. And most are DUI's or traffic violations; not that that is "ok" but its not like these guys have all been beating and raping for four years.

It's sensationalistic to say "the most arrests" but no coach or organization can watch these guys 24/7. The worst offender is Aldon and he's been punished by both the courts and the NFL.

Originally posted by HessianDud:
LOL. Half of those are Aldon Smith. And most are DUI's or traffic violations; not that that is "ok" but its not like these guys have all been beating and raping for four years.

It's sensationalistic to say "the most arrests" but no coach or organization can watch these guys 24/7. The worst offender is Aldon and he's been punished by both the courts and the NFL.

Sensationalistic? Ann Killion? Media in general?

No fugging way.
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2085859-evaluating-jim-harbaughs-tenure-as-san-francisco-49ers-head-coach

Just look at "Pre" Harbaugh... The turnover ratio was double.. Lol So funny how some think harbaugh inherited a Super Bowl team. Inheriting a 6-10 team with an overhyped defense is not really considered a loaded team. Harbaugh got the best out of those players and now is when we should be paying closer attention because most of the players on the squad are baalke and harbaugh's.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make the drink.. All harbaugh can do is coach. He is not a nanny when these kids leave the facility. Can't blame harbaugh for some of these dumb mistakes these kids are making.
[ Edited by Wu-5Rings on Sep 1, 2014 at 6:08 AM ]
Stupid lacanfora..."bold prediction" #2....

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24684535/ten-bold-nfl-predictions-plenty-of-rookie-qbs-will-start-in-2014?v=1&vc=1

Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
Stupid lacanfora..."bold prediction" #2....

http://mweb.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/jason-la-canfora/24684535/ten-bold-nfl-predictions-plenty-of-rookie-qbs-will-start-in-2014?v=1&vc=1

His wandering orb takes these predictions off course
[ Edited by 16to87 on Sep 2, 2014 at 5:08 PM ]
man, i thought i was in the levis stadium thread. I was like this thread doesnt make sense even by webzone standards
Share 49ersWebzone