There are 54 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kings to relocate to Anaheim?

Originally posted by SacRock14:
The latest...

Sacramento petitioners heading to Anaheim to collect signatures - If they get 12,000 signatures, the recently passed $75 million bond to lure the Kings would have to go to a vote, which could delay the process.

Lakers, Jerry Buss, Phil Jackson strongly opposed to Kings relocation - The Lakers lose $500 million from their TV deal if another team moves into that market. Buss is apparently working hard behind the scenes to gather opposition to the move.

Quote:
Phil Jackson: "I don't see any community, I don't care if it's Bombay with 25 million [people], being able to support three teams [in the same market]...It makes it very difficult in our community and our television area to do that kind of a thing. It will hurt all the franchises....

It's small markets vs. large markets. Are the large markets willing to have another team move in and share their community? Chicago, New York City? [New York] is going to have a Brooklyn franchise now [starting in the 2012-13 season] instead of New Jersey. So that's inside the subway system. Philadelphia, another major city, another sized city like that, or cities in big metropolitan areas. Dallas, Houston? So it has to affect the major cities that have a monopoly, the top 12 markets....

The [Kings'] fans, I think, were No. 1 in the league [in the early 2000s]. And so it's really kind of disheartening to see a team that's played that well and a town that's supported it that well to not be able to continue, and to have to pull the plug or do whatever they might do come April as opposed to maybe going another direction."

(If Phil and the Lakers work some kind of miracle and help us stay in Sac, I would bury some of my hatred for that team . Some fans are already talking about giving him an ovation when he's introduced before Wednesday's game.)

He's saying that because the more money his father in law makes the more money he can get paid.
I hope they do move

always bumping the f**king sharks games and s**t
Originally posted by ads_2006:
I hope they do move

WTF dude. The Sharks games just get moved to a different channel. OH NO I GOTTA WATCH A GAME ON ESPN2 INSTEAD OF ESPN.
The latest...

Sacramento petitioners heading to Anaheim to collect signatures - If they get 12,000 signatures, the recently passed $75 million bond to lure the Kings would have to go to a vote, which could delay the process.

Lakers, Jerry Buss, Phil Jackson strongly opposed to Kings relocation - The Lakers lose $500 million from their TV deal if another team moves into that market. Buss is apparently working hard behind the scenes to gather opposition to the move.

Quote:
Phil Jackson: "I don't see any community, I don't care if it's Bombay with 25 million [people], being able to support three teams [in the same market]...It makes it very difficult in our community and our television area to do that kind of a thing. It will hurt all the franchises....

It's small markets vs. large markets. Are the large markets willing to have another team move in and share their community? Chicago, New York City? [New York] is going to have a Brooklyn franchise now [starting in the 2012-13 season] instead of New Jersey. So that's inside the subway system. Philadelphia, another major city, another sized city like that, or cities in big metropolitan areas. Dallas, Houston? So it has to affect the major cities that have a monopoly, the top 12 markets....

The [Kings'] fans, I think, were No. 1 in the league [in the early 2000s]. And so it's really kind of disheartening to see a team that's played that well and a town that's supported it that well to not be able to continue, and to have to pull the plug or do whatever they might do come April as opposed to maybe going another direction."

(If Phil and the Lakers work some kind of miracle and help us stay in Sac, I would bury some of my hatred for that team . Some fans are already talking about giving him an ovation when he's introduced before Wednesday's game.)
I'm banking on the 12,000 signatures. Fuck you, Anaheim.
Originally posted by Muggins879:
The latest...

Quote:

I'm banking on the 12,000 signatures. Fuck you, Anaheim.

I hope they do move

lol The sharks have been on csnca for like 2 years, kings since 2005. Screw hockey anyway, Sac needs its team and hockey sucks a big alligator penis
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
I hope they do move

lol The sharks have been on csnca for like 2 years, kings since 2005. Screw hockey anyway, Sac needs its team and hockey sucks a big alligator penis

Go Sharks!!
I hope they do move

is that why the kings are moving?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
I hope they do move

Go Sharks!!

I dont have a problem with their fans or anything but I dont want to lose my team just so someone can watch them on channel 721 instead of 169. When the Kings are on the Sharks are just on CSN+ so for my area that is 169. And then someone is saying I hope they do move, f**k that they're talking about taking away my favorite team since I was like 8 years old. That pisses me off.
I hope they do move

is that why the kings are moving?

No it's because you never figured out what channel CSN+ is
I hope they do move

Go Sharks!!

I dont have a problem with their fans or anything but I dont want to lose my team just so someone can watch them on channel 721 instead of 169. When the Kings are on the Sharks are just on CSN+ so for my area that is 169. And then someone is saying I hope they do move, f**k that they're talking about taking away my favorite team since I was like 8 years old. That pisses me off.

dont blow your lid
I hope they do move

Go Sharks!!

dont blow your lid

If it was the 49ers potentially moving you would feel the same way I do and it's a sensitive subject. I am already pissed about this and the last thing I want to read is something like that. Like I realize you didnt mean anything offensive by it, atleast I dont think, but its frustrating. I mean I been watching games since I was 8, and I'm 19 right now, and I started going to games when I was like 13, and I went to a couple playoff games, and saw some moments that I'll never forget. I mean it wasn't like we won the title or anything, but it was still exciting and a few were heartbreaking. It is what it is and I dont mean to be a dick but I just get really mad even thinking about it.
I was 7 when the Kings came to Sac. I remember frickin' Joe Klein getting drafted. First game I went to was at the first Arco. Hawks vs Kings when Spud Webb was a rookie on the Hawks. I don't know why people have to come in here and troll about the move. It's really sad actually if you think about it. The move I mean. The trolling is just dumb.
The latest...

Quote:

I have a hard time believing that the Lakers stand to lose $500M off of the Kings moving to Anaheim.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The latest...

Quote:

I have a hard time believing that the Lakers stand to lose $500M off of the Kings moving to Anaheim.

Supposedly their time warner deal is worth 5 billion over 25 years, and it's written into the contract that if a 3rd team moves to SoCal the deal loses 10% of its value.