LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 214 users in the forums

Reports: Utah Jazz HC Jerry Sloan to RESIGN TODAY!

Jerry felt like the Jazz didnt listen to him on other FAs and Boozer. Couple that with Deron and he felt like enough is enough.

Cant blame him, class act HOF coach. Wish he would have won a championship
here is to a great bull
  • Paul
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Rubberneck36:
Jerry felt like the Jazz didnt listen to him on other FAs and Boozer. Couple that with Deron and he felt like enough is enough.

Cant blame him, class act HOF coach. Wish he would have won a championship

agreed. Though I never really watch or follow basketball, I always knew Sloan coached the Jazz. Too bad he had to go like this, maybe he can get a good coaching job or be back in the NBA next year. Good luck to em
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Easily one of the most under-rated coaches of all time.
Quitter
He wanted to hurry up and go fishing with Urban Meyer.
  • Jiks
Ever since D. Will got the "best p.g. in the league tag" he's been arrogant and his play has sucked. He got handled by D. Rose last night, completely owned! That's not Jerry's fault. Jerry didn't throw the ball away with a chance to take the lead... I honestly feel this awful slump were in has just as much if not more to do with D. Will than Sloan. Heck Earl Watson was running the offense more efficient when D. Will was out.

In all reality though I think the league just caught up to Sloan. Running the same system for 23 years teams are going to know what you are doing. Interesting to see what Corbin can do to mix things up a bit.

Glad that I was at the game and got to see his last hurrah, at least.

[ Edited by JiksJuicy on Feb 10, 2011 at 21:40:26 ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by saniner:
Phil Johnson also out as assistant coach. Owner is now crying...everyone is crying.

its easy to be sarcastic when its not your team.

When Bill Walsh had his retirement press conference after the 88 Super Bowl, dont act like you wouldnt have teared up a bit.
  • Jiks
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Originally posted by saniner:
Phil Johnson also out as assistant coach. Owner is now crying...everyone is crying.

its easy to be sarcastic when its not your team.

When Bill Walsh had his retirement press conference after the 88 Super Bowl, dont act like you wouldnt have teared up a bit.

Being 27 and having Coach Sloan and Phil Johnson being the only coaches I've ever watched every night It's pretty sad ya know? Often questioned his style of play, but when his philosophies were bought into by the players, the Jazz were a very tough team to stop. When players didn't want to work hard and get by off half A$$ play, thats why you lose games in his system. Theres no other way to run his offense but tough and fysical.
Share 49ersWebzone