There are 307 users in the forums

Reports: Utah Jazz HC Jerry Sloan to RESIGN TODAY!

Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by jrg:
It was caused by a clash w/ Deron Williams

Link

f**k deron williams

Deron Williams is an a**hole. I never liked the guy.

• kray28
  • Veteran
DWill is a winner, not to mention, pound for pound, the best PG in the NBA.

Losing sucks...and it brings out the worst in everyone.

Hopefully DWill will be headed to a better place soon (like LA).

[ Edited by kray28 on Feb 10, 2011 at 12:29:50 ]
Originally posted by kray28:

Clearly O'Conner is siding with Williams. Utah doesn't let superstars leave. Williams will be here a long time.

Deron is a jerk and no class. Calling in own plays and disrespecting an NBA icon. Headed to a better place?? Yeah, better for Utah.
Originally posted by jimmythegreekjr:

Deron is a jerk and no class. Calling in own plays and disrespecting an NBA icon. Headed to a better place?? Yeah, better for Utah.

Well you know Deron Williams personally, so we have to trust your word on what kind of person he is.

.....oh wait, you dont know him?
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Niners99:

Clearly O'Conner is siding with Williams. Utah doesn't let superstars leave. Williams will be here a long time.

I meant as a free agent (which he will be next year). I doubt very much that Utah would ever trade him to the Lakers. But he and Kobe are big fans of each other, and Deron would be an awesome Tri guard.

My firing their best coach, Utah will be hard pressed to find someone who will take that team and put them back on a winning track like Sloan did literally year in and year out. And without that winning, I doubt DWill stays.

I meant as a free agent (which he will be next year). I doubt very much that Utah would ever trade him to the Lakers. But he and Kobe are big fans of each other, and Deron would be an awesome Tri guard.

My firing their best coach, Utah will be hard pressed to find someone who will take that team and put them back on a winning track like Sloan did literally year in and year out. And without that winning, I doubt DWill stays.

Tyrone Corbin will be the next coach, and he was already going to be one of the hot coaching prospects. he was going to leave for a job somewhere soon anyways.

I know as a Laker fan you must be used to getting your way and signing anyone you want, but Williams is staying in Utah.

Tyrone Corbin will be the next coach, and he was already going to be one of the hot coaching prospects. he was going to leave for a job somewhere soon anyways.

I know as a Laker fan you must be used to getting your way and signing anyone you want, but Williams is staying in Utah.

As long as Corbin does a good job he'll stay I think. I'm not surprised by their relationship going to hell though D-Will has always been pretty arrogant so I'm not surprised by him disrespecting Coach Sloan and running his own plays. He better remind himself that a bunch of his stupid turnovers or decisions throughout the season has cost us quite a few wins as well. I'm a big fan of Deron but he'll never be like Stockton and do whatever he can for the team to win. This situation just further proves that. Sloan's offense has always worked well throughout the years just like Phil's triangle but if the players dont do them right then its just a mess and thats what seems to have happened over the last month.
It's sad it had to be like this, but it had to happen. Corbin will take over for the rest of the season, and I bet he'll sign on as our long-term coach.
KOC crying during the press conference...

Phil Johnson also out as assistant coach. Owner is now crying...everyone is crying.
Originally posted by saniner:
Phil Johnson also out as assistant coach. Owner is now crying...everyone is crying.

My thoughts on him as a coach aside, he deserved better than this. He deserved a "goodbye" year in Utah.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Feb 10, 2011 at 14:24:55 ]
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

It'll be interesting to see if there's any fan backlash against Williams if the perception grows that his actions forced Sloan out.
Share 49ersWebzone