There are 142 users in the forums

Carmelo Anthony Drama

Carmelo is gonna wear #7 for the Knicks (#15 is retired, and not just once, but twice by the Knicks)
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
As a Knicks fan, I welcome Carmelo but will miss the players they gave up. Those player out played their contracts and it is exactly what you need on a team to win.

But it is almost a fact that you need 2 studs on your team to win in the NBA. But I will go out on a limb and say Gallinari was on the road to being someone special, great shooter.

Mozgov was showing a few sparks of talent and may have well been on
His way to a 2nd tier Center in
The NBA.

Welcome Carmelo

Good evaluation all around.

My problem with Melo and Amare are that neither of them play defense, and there isn't much precedent for a SF/PF combo being the main players on a title team, and I've never thought that D'Antoni's style was conducive to winning titles. But they'll be exciting for sure.

As a Knicks fan you have to wonder what if we would have gotten Carmelo anyways during FA ...... AND kept gallinari, mozgov and Felton...

This team isn't worse off, but aren't that much better off after the trade. If billups comes in as an immediate leader, the Knicks could give a competitive series to anyone in the East.

Most likely the Knicks will look good but will be licking their chops for next summer..... Deron or CP3
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by jrg:
Yay.

More All-Stars in the East

Western Conference Playoffs = lame

East is gonna be absolutely madness.

Celtics
heat

Everybody else

I will put Chicago up there with Heat and Celtics. Magic are a step or two behind. If Celtics have to play Atlanta - I wouldn't be surprised if there's an upset.

Totally agreed about Chicago. Can't wait to see them play either Miami or Boston in the 2nd Round.

Healthy Noah on that Chicago team can beat any team in the East - with or without home-court, but they need to be fully healthy.
Share 49ersWebzone