LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Urban Meyer stepping down at Florida

Meyer is most likely done as a coach, at least for the time being, I have a feeling. He wanted to quit last year, then had this season happen, and now I think he's done. He's young enough I don't think he's done for good, but he won't be an option for us.

Furthermore, his vacancy means Harbaugh has a lot of sexy options ahead. Any of the coaches we want at this point have plenty of other options. We're going to be either stuck with singletary for another season, or we'll get someone we really don't want. It's terrible i tell you!
Originally posted by ritchie:
Meyer linked to 49ers job?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/08/mort-urban-meyer-might-be-heading-to-sanfran-in-2011/

Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/12/08/mort-urban-meyer-might-be-heading-to-sanfran-in-2011/

LMAO
Bad health or else he would continue. He will be a broadcaster for a few years and then if the health sorts out he may coach again.
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

There we go ... he worked miracles with him the first time!

Just sayin'

LMAO

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

There we go ... he worked miracles with him the first time!

Just sayin'

NO MORE ALEX SMITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He claims he wants to spendmore time with his family which I can understand. Lets not forget he went from Utah to Florida which is a huge jump in football culture as far as expectations. I truly believe had Meyser stayed at Utah that he would still be coaching. The expectations of the fans and the university probably took a huge toll on him.

Thats said there is no way I want to see him and Alex reunited in San Francisco. I would much rather have someone that can develop QBs and help them improve. Meyer is responsible for developing Tebow and Smith and to some extent Chris Leak.None of which have done anything in the NFL.
Originally posted by E-49er:
He claims he wants to spendmore time with his family which I can understand. Lets not forget he went from Utah to Florida which is a huge jump in football culture as far as expectations. I truly believe had Meyser stayed at Utah that he would still be coaching. The expectations of the fans and the university probably took a huge toll on him.

Thats said there is no way I want to see him and Alex reunited in San Francisco. I would much rather have someone that can develop QBs and help them improve. Meyer is responsible for developing Tebow and Smith and to some extent Chris Leak.None of which have done anything in the NFL.

uf qb in that matter have done jack sh!t in the nfl...name all them Heisman trophy winners out of gator country

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by E-49er:

uf qb in that matter have done jack sh!t in the nfl...name all them Heisman trophy winners out of gator country

SPURRIER FTW!!!!!!!

Only because he was a Niner
I really hope Dan Mullen likes living in Starkville. I don't want to lose a good coach.
Originally posted by pantstickle:
I really hope Dan Mullen likes living in Starkville. I don't want to lose a good coach.

hopefully he will not pull a Lane Kiffin and bolt for sunny weather
  • zero
  • Veteran
Poor Jorts...

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by pantstickle:

hopefully he will not pull a Lane Kiffin and bolt for sunny weather

I wouldn't blame him. That's a sweet gig.
Share 49ersWebzone