LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

Qatar beats out USA to host 2022 World Cup

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I don't care, nor does it matter. How many of you were going to go if it was in the US? The sport is not popular here, so might as well let a country that cares host it even if it is a desert.

I'll save my time, and use your own words.

Humor fail. Nice try, though. Not really

Kthanksbye

But your post was pure nonsense. Not only have I played/ watched soccer for over 30 years, I indeed was planning on going to games if we were awarded the tournament. I went to multiple games back in 94, and was on the field for the brazil/USA game at Stanford.

Not only was your post laughable, your reapplication of my post really isnt fitting here. You should try to come up with some material of your own, since you have issues using other peoples.

Cool story, you're one who cares, props. Here's the thing, I'm not on the World Cup committee. I'm just another guy giving my opinion, which also happens to be shared by the majority. Most people do not care, and are just fine with Qatar going crazy. Even if it was here, we'd just watch it on TV anyway. Nothing I wrote is radical despite your disagreement. If you don't care for it, sorry nothing I can do. Hey, but chin up, by the time the World Cup does come here you'll be old enough to apply for any senior citizen discounts they might be offering.

As for your using your previous post, well it's not like you gave me anything to work with. It was just another assholish and trolish post using a 5 year old anime gif. I thought using another one of yours would be appropriate.
I don't care, nor does it matter. How many of you were going to go if it was in the US? The sport is not popular here, so might as well let a country that cares host it even if it is a desert.

Kthanksbye

But your post was pure nonsense. Not only have I played/ watched soccer for over 30 years, I indeed was planning on going to games if we were awarded the tournament. I went to multiple games back in 94, and was on the field for the brazil/USA game at Stanford.

Not only was your post laughable, your reapplication of my post really isnt fitting here. You should try to come up with some material of your own, since you have issues using other peoples.

Cool story, you're one who cares, props. Here's the thing, I'm not on the World Cup committee. I'm just another guy giving my opinion, which also happens to be shared by the majority. Most people do not care, and are just fine with Qatar going crazy. Even if it was here, we'd just watch it on TV anyway. Nothing I wrote is radical despite your disagreement. If you don't care for it, sorry nothing I can do. Hey, but chin up, by the time the World Cup does come here you'll be old enough to apply for any senior citizen discounts they might be offering.

As for your using your previous post, well it's not like you gave me anything to work with. It was just another assholish and trolish post using a 5 year old anime gif. I thought using another one of yours would be appropriate.

a*****e, huh?

Stay classy, blunt. On 2nd thought, that's not really your style. So I guess just continue to be you and insult people.

Kthanksbye

a*****e, huh?

Stay classy, blunt. On 2nd thought, that's not really your style. So I guess just continue to be you and insult people.

Not my style? I guess you're right. I come on this board to discuss sports with fellow niner fans or other topics I might be interested in. I don't come here to belittle others when I get my buttons pushed. So you're right, I should stop trying to emulate you, so thanks.

[ Edited by blunt_probe on Dec 3, 2010 at 14:16:27 ]

Kthanksbye

a*****e, huh?

Not my style? I guess you're right. I come on this board to discuss sports with fellow niner fans or other topics I might be interested in. I don't come here to belittle others when I get my buttons pushed. So you're right, I should stop trying to emulate you, so thanks.

Yeah, good one, blunt. I see you're going with "no I'm not, you are". Very clever.

You should just stick with calling people a*****es. It'll work out a lot better for us all.

Kthanksbye

a*****e, huh?

Yeah, good one, blunt. I see you're going with "no I'm not, you are". Very clever.

You should just stick with calling people a*****es. It'll work out a lot better for us all.

And why would I do that? It's not my style after all. I attack posts, not people, so unless you want to post anything related to the topic, I'll be exiting this one.
So what if the stadiums will be air conditioned? What do they propose to do for masses of fans coming in to watch it? Make air conditioned bubbles for them to walk around in?

Just a poor decision on FIFA's part.
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
So what if the stadiums will be air conditioned? What do they propose to do for masses of fans coming in to watch it? Make air conditioned bubbles for them to walk around in?

Qatar has hosted a FIFA WC before, just not the big tamale

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1995_FIFA_World_Youth_Championship

http://www.fifa.com/tournaments/archive/tournament=104/edition=191263/overview.html

they will do just fine

It's in 2022, not tomorrow, they have plenty of time to prepare for it.
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:

It's in 2022, not tomorrow, they have plenty of time to prepare for it.

yeah good point
I still don't know how a country with one city around 1 million people can host the whole world cup. That's never been done before. This country literally has one city, and according to their proposal, all games and stadiums will be built in the Doha area.

Originally posted by global_nomad:
I still don't know how a country with one city around 1 million people can host the whole world cup. That's never been done before. This country literally has one city, and according to their proposal, all games and stadiums will be built in the Doha area.

they've done it before

people need to get over this
Originally posted by vrabbit:

they've done it before

you mean with the Asian games?

they've done it before

look up a few posts funny guy

you don't need to be a first-world country with out-of-your-mind technology to be able to host a big event like this

like someone already said, they have TWELVE YEARS to get it all ready, they will, this isn't the first time I've seen a country get a bid for a big name tournament that they have never hosted before, and didn't have all the stadiums built at the time they got the bid, and when the time came everything was ready and the event was a full success.

like I said, folks need to get over it, I too wanted the WC here for selfish reasons (so I could go) but stop hating on Qatar cuz it's smaller than Daly City or whatever
I only watch the games that the Americans play in anyways

they've done it before

look up a few posts funny guy

you don't need to be a first-world country with out-of-your-mind technology to be able to host a big event like this

like someone already said, they have TWELVE YEARS to get it all ready, they will, this isn't the first time I've seen a country get a bid for a big name tournament that they have never hosted before, and didn't have all the stadiums built at the time they got the bid, and when the time came everything was ready and the event was a full success.

like I said, folks need to get over it, I too wanted the WC here for selfish reasons (so I could go) but stop hating on Qatar cuz it's smaller than Daly City or whatever

I wasn't trying to be funny I was referring to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2006_Asian_Games
Share 49ersWebzone