There are 163 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Qatar beats out USA to host 2022 World Cup

>Qatar, which has never even qualified for a World Cup

They are currently ranked below 100, lower than S.Africa and they will be a seeded country at the group stage with top 7 countries in the world.
Originally posted by DominantQE:

They are currently ranked below 100, lower than S.Africa and they will be a seeded country at the group stage with top 7 countries in the world.

More people live in Houston than Qatar.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
WTF is a world cup?

It's that thing the USA thinks the Super Bowl is. The biggest sporting event in the world.

You know that we only care about what matters to us. I'm not even saying that to be sarcastic. I'm one of the many Americans who couldn't care less about the world cup. That's why I can understand why they wouldn't go with us, but I am really curious as to how they'll sufficiently air condition those stadiums and handle the congestion from the visitors.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
I was kinda hoping England or Portugal/Spain would win. Because I would have definitely gone to see a game there.

I'm already planning my trip to Brasil for 2014.

I'm not sure how the whole quatar thing is gonna work out. Seems like its gonna be a major flop similar to how SA was.
What bullsh*t.

Fifa just doesn't want the U.S. to succeed in anything mens ' soccer.

Originally posted by DominantQE:

now HERE is a point people should really be upset about
lol i love how many people are pretending to care about this. its simply a turn your head at the TV and listen for 15 secs, say "well thats retarded and it makes no sense", and go on with your day.

Americans dont even care about soccer. we have a ton of better sports to care about. not getting to host it means nothing. we just get greedy to have everything in our spotlight. even if we hosted nobody would care because we suck at soccer. they cover American soccer like were the special kid. "the US might win more than 1 qualifier this time!"

the country they picked didnt make sense, but at least its in a country that cares about the sport. we all know they wont be able to get all those air conditioned stadiums built by then anyways.

[ Edited by Niners99 on Dec 3, 2010 at 03:03:55 ]
Originally posted by Niners99:
lol i love how many people are pretending to care about this. its simply a turn your head at the TV and listen for 15 secs, say "well thats retarded and it makes no sense", and go on with your day.

Americans dont even care about soccer. 1.we have a ton of better sports to care about. (2)not getting to host it means nothing. we just get greedy to have everything in our spotlight. 3.even if we hosted nobody would care because we suck at soccer. they cover American soccer like were the special kid.4 "the US might win more than 1 qualifier this time!"

the country they picked didnt make sense, but at least its in a country that cares about the sport. 5.we all know they wont be able to get all those air conditioned stadiums built by then anyways.

1. that's an opinion.
2. But getting to host it means everything. do your research.
3. Where have you been the last 10 years? The U.S. has a legitimate team with many players in Europe. They didn't face Brazil in the 2009 Confederations Cup final for nothing(eliminating the eventual World Cup winner in Spain eventually and current Euro champion in the process).
4.all you need to do is win one qualifying stage to compete in the World Cup in the CONCACAF region so I don't see what the problem is.
5. Am I mistaken or isn't Qatar an oil exporting country? Yeah, im sure they won't be able to build the stadiums by then.
I don't care, nor does it matter. How many of you were going to go if it was in the US? The sport is not popular here, so might as well let a country that cares host it even if it is a desert.
Originally posted by blunt_probe:
I don't care, nor does it matter. How many of you were going to go if it was in the US? The sport is not popular here, so might as well let a country that cares host it even if it is a desert.

I'll save my time, and use your own words.

Humor fail. Nice try, though. Not really

Kthanksbye
at this rate, the US (as we know it) won't exist in 2022.
Originally posted by boast:
at this rate, the US (as we know it) won't exist in 2022.

you don't like chinese food?

I'll save my time, and use your own words.

Humor fail. Nice try, though. Not really

Kthanksbye

But your post was pure nonsense. Not only have I played/ watched soccer for over 30 years, I indeed was planning on going to games if we were awarded the tournament. I went to multiple games back in 94, and was on the field for the brazil/USA game at Stanford.

Not only was your post laughable, your reapplication of my post really isnt fitting here. You should try to come up with some material of your own, since you have issues using other peoples.
A guy on Espn made a good point, earlier. Qatar practices extreme Muslim religious beliefs. That means no alcohol, and woman are expected to dress in traditional modesty outfits. That means no hot chicks wearing bikini tops and things of the like. Both of these circumstances are going to give many many visiting fans problems.

How are you going to tell the English and Germans (among others) that there will be no drinking while they are in the country?