There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Qatar beats out USA to host 2022 World Cup

Isnt Luda from De-Qatar?
This is a black eye on FIFA. Qatar is smaller than the Bay Area and they are going to build 14 brand new stadiums for the WC with AC system in all of them. FIFA is well known for being corrupt and politically influenced. Shame!!!
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by vrabbit:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Fifa did a great job at increasing their USA fanbase

#1 that's not their priority

#2 Qatar had an edge because it has hosted many FIFA events before, I believe U-20 WC's or something like that, Qatar for all the fun you wanna make of them can host a WC much better than southafrica can

and don't get it twisted, I wanted the WC here though

well put vrabbit.

it's true, I also think North America gets the shaft because the US and Mexico are really the only ones who 1)make a good push/case to host a WC and, 2) have the means necessary to make it happen.

However Mexico has hosted 2 and US 1 and outside those countries the only other country that comes close to being an option is Canada and, well, let's just leave it at that.

I do believe FIFA gives and edge to countries that have never hosted the WC before, Russia and Qatar back up this belief but again that's just my theory. And Asia did such a well job in 02 with two nations you knew they were gonna go back there, and Qatar makes perfect sense for the reasons I posted.

Now my theory would give hope to Venezuela getting that 2026 bid they are pushing for, but I still don't see it as my gut tells me Uruguay will get the 2030 bid for the 100th years of the WC and South America will not get back to back WC's, especially if Venezuela is one of them.

I wouldn't even be shocked if 2026 goes to like Australia or something (totally out of my ass, don't even know if they are making a push but if they aren't the should) I see 2026 going back to Europe or USA may have an outside shot at that too.

I'm not sure if/when Australia will ever get host a World Cup. Australia was making a big push for the World Cup in 2022. My personal theory is that because the timezone difference between Australia, Europe and North America is so large, they won't be able to attract the top TV dollars. This is especially true since to show primetime games in North America and Europe, it would result in the games having to be played at 3am Australia time for Europe and 11am for North America.

-9fA
Originally posted by 190836:
This is a black eye on FIFA. Qatar is smaller than the Bay Area and they are going to build 14 brand new stadiums for the WC with AC system in all of them. FIFA is well known for being corrupt and politically influenced. Shame!!!

Qatar can buy the Bay Area. It has held big events.

If I were a non-western county, I wouldn't want the WC in a country that really doesn't even support soccer.
  • Amir
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Isnt Luda from De-Qatar?

Who the f**k is gonna travel to Qatar to see the World Cup?
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by 1251alex:
It bulls**t how North America will go at least 28 years without hosting a world cup. How is that f**king consistent?

1st of all when one says "north america" he/she means usa...correct. cause when is it the last time anyone heard of Canada hosting the mighty world cup.

oh as if most of you all have forgotten this is after all World Cup therefore it can be played anywhere on the belly of mother earth. peep that and chew on that for a second.

1st of all, go check up on your world cup hosting history before sounding like an idiot. Second of all, look up on how much of a douchebag Sepp Blatter is.
WTF is a world cup?
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
WTF is a world cup?

and WTF is a Qatar?
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
WTF is a world cup?

and WTF is a Qatar?

3rd star from Uranus.
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
WTF is a world cup?

and WTF is a Qatar?

those silver things you put in that big red box to get a Pepsi
WTF is a world cup?

It's that thing the USA thinks the Super Bowl is. The biggest sporting event in the world.
I am sure the US will be fan favorites in this Middle Eastern country...
There might be a sense of feeling like dont have to be this time since US can host a world cup in any time. US can actually be a host nation in 2026 0r 2030 though.
they said no to bill clinton

wtf