LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 278 users in the forums

Jordans Response to Lebrons Commercial

I don't know if this is posted already but this one is pretty epic.
isn't that a fan made video?
LOL thats not a response video, Jordan did that commercial way before LeBron did. Someone just but the 2 videos together on youtube its not real

Oops I am sorry I am so stupid.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
lol Michael Jordan is too busy counting his money to bother with Lebron James' garbage
almost had me for a sec
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nothing03:
Oops I am sorry I am so stupid.

It's all good. Pretty awesome video though.
Michael Jordan has disappointed me with his post-career attitude. i know its hard to be humble when you had a career like him, but the way he talks about himself and how great he was is embarrassing. did anyone see his HOF speech? it lasted forever, and he basically just tooted his own horn the entire time, coming across as a total douche. it was as if he was talking down to the crowd.

i like the players who were great, but dont like to talk about it. its fine to recognize yourself a little for all the hard work, but when someone is HOF caliber, and deflects praise to his coaches and teammates instead, i have way more respect for them.
Originally posted by Niners99:
Michael Jordan has disappointed me with his post-career attitude. i know its hard to be humble when you had a career like him, but the way he talks about himself and how great he was is embarrassing. did anyone see his HOF speech? it lasted forever, and he basically just tooted his own horn the entire time, coming across as a total douche. it was as if he was talking down to the crowd.

i like the players who were great, but dont like to talk about it. its fine to recognize yourself a little for all the hard work, but when someone is HOF caliber, and deflects praise to his coaches and teammates instead, i have way more respect for them.

This video isn't really a response to LeBron.
unless Jordan kills someone I'll never change my opinion of him being awesome

I was gonna say unless he "kills or rapes" someone, but he pretty much raped the whole league during his time

Originally posted by dobo:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

This video isn't really a response to LeBron.

True. But that commercial is douchetastic on its own merits.

exactly.

it just reminded me of being annoyed at Jordans HOF speech, thats all.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

This is funny. There is no "post-career" attitude.

Michael Jordan has always been an arrogant a*****e. He simply existed before the internet era, where it was easier for athletes to hide behind a contrived corporate image.

But you know what, it shouldn't really matter that Jordan was arrogant. Most elite superstar athletes have a god complex. Actually most successful people period think that the world revolves around them. It's that arrogance that gives them the edge to succeed versus mentally weak opponents.

Jordan was a psychotic competitor who berated his teammates and just everyone else. Think of how Michael Jordan treated Kwame Brown. That's essentially how he treated everyone, and those that endured Jordan's personality...he respected more for putting up with his s**t.

At the end of the day, Jordan was lucky he played before the internet, otherwise he probably would have been more hated publicly than Kobe Bryant is nowadays.

You just got to tip your hat to Nike, because they created a worldwide icon with a clean-cut image, who helped make the sport global.

I get chills watching any of Jordan's commercials or old games.

[ Edited by crzy on Nov 28, 2010 at 23:05:01 ]
Originally posted by crzy:

This is funny. There is no "post-career" attitude.

Michael Jordan has always been an arrogant a*****e. He simply existed before the internet era, where it was easier for athletes to hide behind a contrived corporate image.

But you know what, it shouldn't really matter that Jordan was arrogant. Most elite superstar athletes have a god complex. Actually most successful people period think that the world revolves around them. It's that arrogance that gives them the edge to succeed versus mentally weak opponents.

Jordan was a psychotic competitor who berated his teammates and just everyone else. Think of how Michael Jordan treated Kwame Brown. That's essentially how he treated everyone, and those that endured Jordan's personality...he respected more for putting up with his s**t.

At the end of the day, Jordan was lucky he played before the internet, otherwise he probably would have been more hated publicly than Kobe Bryant is nowadays.

You just got to tip your hat to Nike, because they created a worldwide icon with a clean-cut image, who helped make the sport global.

I get chills watching any of Jordan's commercials or old games.

good points.
Share 49ersWebzone