just leave it the way it is?
the threads that get the most traffic are pinned. isn't that the way its supposed to work?
There are 872 users in the forums
OTHER SPORTS POSTERS, NEED INPUT....
Nov 5, 2010 at 3:42 PM
- IdentityCrisis
- Veteran
- Posts: 8,918
Nov 5, 2010 at 3:52 PM
- IWASATTHECATCH
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 22,009
Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
just leave it the way it is
Nov 5, 2010 at 3:55 PM
- 1251alex
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,460
stop arguing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about you just pin the lakers and angels thread and unpin the rest.
How about you just pin the lakers and angels thread and unpin the rest.
Nov 5, 2010 at 3:57 PM
- dman
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,453
Originally posted by 1251alex:
stop arguing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
How about you just pin the lakers and angels thread and unpin the rest.
This
Nov 5, 2010 at 4:05 PM
- jrg
- Veteran
- Posts: 166,549
Why does it matter? Is it causing server issues for Webbie? Taking up too much space for him? If not, I gotta say "If it isn't broke, why try fixing it?"
Nov 5, 2010 at 4:06 PM
- 1251alex
- Veteran
- Posts: 11,460
Originally posted by jrg:
Why does it matter? Is it causing server issues for Webbie? Taking up too much space for him? If not, I gotta say "If it isn't broke, why try fixing it?"
because it looks tacky and weird as f**k having 27 different pinned threads.
Nov 5, 2010 at 4:11 PM
- Shifty
- Veteran
- Posts: 23,429
Unpin the UFC and the Sharks thread.
Nov 5, 2010 at 4:11 PM
- jrg
- Veteran
- Posts: 166,549
Originally posted by 1251alex:Originally posted by jrg:
Why does it matter? Is it causing server issues for Webbie? Taking up too much space for him? If not, I gotta say "If it isn't broke, why try fixing it?"
because it looks tacky and weird as f**k having 27 different pinned threads.
I see 6. And one of them don't even need to be there..do we really need Forum Rules in every section? Forum Rules is already posted at the top of the actual FORUM PAGE under "Rules" why do we need a thread for it too? With that said, I don't think 5 pinned threads is much..considering Oliver's request is to have a pinned thread for each champion (NBA, NHL, MLB, NCAA, etc)..so not much would change anyway.
Only thing I'd say is remove the FORUM RULES thread and the rest is fine w/ me.
Nov 5, 2010 at 4:12 PM
- jrg
- Veteran
- Posts: 166,549
Or only pin "General" threads...kind of like the General NBA Discussion thread..the General MLB discussion thread...etc.
Every thread like the Lakers thread and Giants thread...and Sharks thread..and UFC thread, get enough activity in them that they'd always stay at the top of the forum to begin with.
I actually like that idea the most.
Every thread like the Lakers thread and Giants thread...and Sharks thread..and UFC thread, get enough activity in them that they'd always stay at the top of the forum to begin with.
I actually like that idea the most.
Nov 5, 2010 at 4:13 PM
- IWASATTHECATCH
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 22,009
Originally posted by 1251alex:Originally posted by jrg:
Why does it matter? Is it causing server issues for Webbie? Taking up too much space for him? If not, I gotta say "If it isn't broke, why try fixing it?"
because it looks tacky and weird as f**k having 27 different pinned threads.
I like the fact that they're out of the way up top. I see it as more cluttered if they were unpinned and getting bumped constantly.
Originally posted by jrg:
Why does it matter? Is it causing server issues for Webbie? Taking up too much space for him? If not, I gotta say "If it isn't broke, why try fixing it?"
this
Nov 5, 2010 at 4:18 PM
- pantstickle
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 3,598
The only one I've ever thought about unpinning was the Sharks thread.
The Warriors/Lakers/Giants/MMA thread get way too much traffic. Actually, I kind of think Other Sports is the most organized of all the sub-forums because of the pinned threads.
The Warriors/Lakers/Giants/MMA thread get way too much traffic. Actually, I kind of think Other Sports is the most organized of all the sub-forums because of the pinned threads.
Nov 5, 2010 at 4:25 PM
- kidash98
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 26,660
Thanks for shooting down the idea, folks. Carry on.
- 98
- 98
Nov 5, 2010 at 5:13 PM
- StOnEy333
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 99,664
What they all said.
Nov 5, 2010 at 6:52 PM
- AXEGRINDER
- Veteran
- Posts: 25,680
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
just leave it the way it is