LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 261 users in the forums

When Is The 49er Organization Going To Do This?

This subject might be a tad off-topic, but I think that it is important. Question, "when is the 49er Organization going to Congratulate the San Francisco Giants on their World Series Victory?"

Even the Oakland A's took out a whole page spread in yesterdays Chronicle (11/3/10) to Congratulate the Giants. So when is the other team that also shares the same name San Francisco, going to say, "CONGRATULATIONS" job well done. Btw, Ed DeBartolo would have done it already.
[ Edited by 9erB4Us on Nov 5, 2010 at 1:34 AM ]
I thought they had. Can't remember where I saw it, but I have seen something from the 49ers.

By the way, it is really unimportant. Utterly unimportant. I am sure that the two organisations have spoken at numerous levels about it. So a newspaper advert......

Did the Giants polish our privates after we won our last Super Bowl?

I don't remember.
I remember the SF Giants always congratulating the 49ers, by taking an Ad in the SF Chronicle Sports pages, after every Super Bowl they won...
I don't read the Chron so I wouldn't remember anyway.

But really, who cares? I obviously lived without knowing the Giants rode our sack after we won a championship. They, too, will live.
Who cares? They don't have to. They aren't involved in the baseball business. It means nothing to them.
Wow...Most Franchises that share the same market usually do give the tip of the hat, and say, "Congratulations on your Victory."

As I have mentioned b4, even the Oakland A's took out a whole page Ad in The SF Chronicle to send their congrats.

Maybe its a generational thing, and Jed doesn't realize that its just "good" protocol, or the 49er organization doesn't know that teams that share the same Sports Market do this ALL THE TIME. I'm just sayin...
Giant fans complain about evrything. Oooo ESPN doesnt love us, Nobody congratulates us blah blah blah.

You guys won who cares if anybody congratulates you, It doesnt take away your world series victory if nobody congratulates you, not everybody is a fan of the SF Giants
It has nothing to do with being a FAN of the SF Giants. It has everything to do with how classy our organization was under Eddie D and how classless we are now. the OP is right, Eddie D would have done so by now. The Giants DID used to congratulate us. We DO share the same City and Market. It typically IS standard protocol. Just sayin.
Umm...

Yeah like you said, this is really off topic. Pretty irrelevant and when people read your title their gonna be thinking that its something important...

So yeah, lets go ahead and it up.

Originally posted by rEspEctdA49ers:
Umm...

Yeah like you said, this is really off topic. Pretty irrelevant and when people read your title their gonna be thinking that its something important...

So yeah, lets go ahead and it up.
Is this thread foreals?!
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Who cares.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Who gives a s**t if the Niners congratulate the Giatns

It doesn't f**king matter
They did somewhat on one of the latest videos posted on 49ers.com. Also to all the crybabies saying Giants fans complain too much, you can kindly suck it. WORLD CHAMPS b***hES!
Share 49ersWebzone