There are 215 users in the forums

Slow down there Sabean(says SF has become a baseball town)

Originally posted by area49:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by Niners99:
Even more reason to move to LA!

OMG. Dude, you just love to troll. You scower the boards for anything you can use in your pathetic argument, and then you post the same thing that you know has pissed people off before. This is just another reason NOT to move to LA. You see the Giants turnout for the parade? Now think of if the 49ers won the superbowl. YOu'd see that many people or more because football is a more popular sport. It proves that the problem is with the team and not the city, because NorCal fans support their teams VERY well and you can build a winner here. Giants are doing a hell of a lot better than that team in LA right now. Just because you're in LA doesn't make you good, just look at the Dodgers. Sure they're decent but they had the big money manager in Torre, the star player in Banny Ramirez+the big hitting line up, and they still haven't won s**t lately compared to the Giants.

If you can't rid yourself of this irrational obsession that the 49ers can't be the Los Angeles 49ers, can you at least learn how to spell "scour" correctly?

if the 49ers moved to LA theyd change their name, and possibly their colors. they would make no sense down there. the second they lose the "SF" logo, is the day the 49ers die as a franchise. the only people who want them to move to LA are the selfish fans who just want to have them locally.

the 49ers leave the bay area, theyre dead. they become the LA Hollywoods, and every real Niner fan on this board mourns the loss of the greatest franchise in NFL history. there were never any Cleveland Browns fans who sat in their living rooms on Sunday Morning with Ravens gear on.

They'd have to change the logo, sure, but that's about it. There's no reason they can't take the colors, history, and trophies.

I've said it before, if the Niners do decide to relocate to SoCal. I'm permanently disowning the team. This is coming from someone who lives in SoCal. And if I'm not mistaken, the gold in our colors symbolizes the gold rush of 1849, hence the name the 49ers. The gold rush didn't happen in Southern California.

And this is precisely the reason they can't take the history and the trophies or the team name. BECAUSE IT WOULD BE STUPID AND EVERYONE WOULD KNOW IT WAS STOLEN FROM THE BAY. But no, area69 will keep saying how there's no good reasons and blah blah blah blah blah and disregarding any intelligent argument.

Private organization can do whatever they want. They're under NO obligation to leave any name or any colors or any trophies here.

Just like the Baltimore Browns? Or the Tenessee Oilers? Or the Oklahoma City Supersonics? The LA 49ers wouldn't make sense, it'd be stupid and everyone would know that Jerry and Steve and Joe and Ronnie NEVER played for the LA 49ers, they played for the SAN FRANCISCO 49ers. The LA Cougars would make more sense.

The only reason Modell left the Browns' name behind is because the NFL was willing to step in. There's no guarantee that the NFL will do the same in our case.

As for the Oilers, they actually took their history and name and colors to Tennessee. For a while, they were the Tennessee Oilers.

The Thunder have the Sonics' history and trophy, albeit a different name and colors.

And then there's the Indianapolis...um...Colts.

Actually I'm pretty sure OKC left Seattle's trophy in Seattle but I could be wrong on that. Not to mention that if the NFL stepped in to keep the friggin name of the browns in cleveland, I'd venture to guess they'd do the same for the team by the bay that has 5 superbowls.

Seriously dude, you just come in an hijack threads that don't have anything to do with LA and make it about stealing the 9ers. Everyone is getting so sick of your schtick.

Nope. The Thunder kept Seattle's trophy.

And the majority of times, we've seen that the NFL does NOT step in to keep history and names behind. Cleveland is the exception, and that's only because their fan base is INSANE.

If the NFL can allow the Baltimore Colts to become the Indianapolis Colts, they can allow the San Francisco 49ers to become the Los Angeles 49ers.

you're wrong, the trophy is still in Seattle: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/jerrybrewer/2013265040_brewer27.html

You act like the 9ers fan base isn't insane. Sure, they're quiet and sit on their hands but those same people show up every weekend for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 years and no black outs? That's friggin impressive. There is too much history in SF for the NFL not to do the same thing with the 9ers history. And you still didn't respond to my post about how everyone is sick of your schtick.

OMG. Dude, you just love to troll. You scower the boards for anything you can use in your pathetic argument, and then you post the same thing that you know has pissed people off before. This is just another reason NOT to move to LA. You see the Giants turnout for the parade? Now think of if the 49ers won the superbowl. YOu'd see that many people or more because football is a more popular sport. It proves that the problem is with the team and not the city, because NorCal fans support their teams VERY well and you can build a winner here. Giants are doing a hell of a lot better than that team in LA right now. Just because you're in LA doesn't make you good, just look at the Dodgers. Sure they're decent but they had the big money manager in Torre, the star player in Banny Ramirez+the big hitting line up, and they still haven't won s**t lately compared to the Giants.

If you can't rid yourself of this irrational obsession that the 49ers can't be the Los Angeles 49ers, can you at least learn how to spell "scour" correctly?

if the 49ers moved to LA theyd change their name, and possibly their colors. they would make no sense down there. the second they lose the "SF" logo, is the day the 49ers die as a franchise. the only people who want them to move to LA are the selfish fans who just want to have them locally.

the 49ers leave the bay area, theyre dead. they become the LA Hollywoods, and every real Niner fan on this board mourns the loss of the greatest franchise in NFL history. there were never any Cleveland Browns fans who sat in their living rooms on Sunday Morning with Ravens gear on.

They'd have to change the logo, sure, but that's about it. There's no reason they can't take the colors, history, and trophies.

I've said it before, if the Niners do decide to relocate to SoCal. I'm permanently disowning the team. This is coming from someone who lives in SoCal. And if I'm not mistaken, the gold in our colors symbolizes the gold rush of 1849, hence the name the 49ers. The gold rush didn't happen in Southern California.

And this is precisely the reason they can't take the history and the trophies or the team name. BECAUSE IT WOULD BE STUPID AND EVERYONE WOULD KNOW IT WAS STOLEN FROM THE BAY. But no, area69 will keep saying how there's no good reasons and blah blah blah blah blah and disregarding any intelligent argument.

Private organization can do whatever they want. They're under NO obligation to leave any name or any colors or any trophies here.

Just like the Baltimore Browns? Or the Tenessee Oilers? Or the Oklahoma City Supersonics? The LA 49ers wouldn't make sense, it'd be stupid and everyone would know that Jerry and Steve and Joe and Ronnie NEVER played for the LA 49ers, they played for the SAN FRANCISCO 49ers. The LA Cougars would make more sense.

The only reason Modell left the Browns' name behind is because the NFL was willing to step in. There's no guarantee that the NFL will do the same in our case.

As for the Oilers, they actually took their history and name and colors to Tennessee. For a while, they were the Tennessee Oilers.

The Thunder have the Sonics' history and trophy, albeit a different name and colors.

they were the Tennessee Oilers for one season. they planned to change the name the entire time.

anyways, its not going to happen. the "SF" emblem, and the name "San Francisco 49ers" makes the NFL way too much money, and is too big a part of their history for them to allow the team to be moved to LA. the NFL would step in and find a way to keep them in the bay area.

LA has had football before, and nobody cared. its an awful NFL city. the fans down there right NOW dont even want a team. alot of them prefer just to follow the team they already like, and get to see all the best matchups every week instead of some local crap team that moved there.

LA loves college football, Laker basketball, and the 3rd to 7th innings of Dodger baseball (only when theyre winning).
Enjoy your Jacksonville Jaguars
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by teeohh:
SF fans are fickle, they'll support whatever's the current trend

There are always bandwagon fans everywhere.

But I don't think you can just say san francisco. There are fans from all over the bay area from san jose to daly city to sacramento that really love the giants.

I think the way San Fran has supported 49ers, Giants and Warriors - it's pretty silly to say that SF/Bay Area fans are fickle.

I just said SF fans. Just typing up my observations. I can't report on the rest of the bay since I don't spend any time anywhere but SF. Just watch how all of a sudden the streets will be flooded with Warriors gear if they can keep up their good start. Yet nary a Niners article of clothing in sight.

Wearing a team's clothing doesn't mean much. You'll find plenty of ppl wearing Raiders gear in Oakland but they have a tough time selling out a game.

Though 49ers have a lot of fans from South Bay, they are well supported by the fans living in SF who have come out for the games every single year. Same support was shown to the Giants when they weren't so great last years.

San Francisco has been a great sports town, not fickle by any standard.

But I don't think you can just say san francisco. There are fans from all over the bay area from san jose to daly city to sacramento that really love the giants.

I think the way San Fran has supported 49ers, Giants and Warriors - it's pretty silly to say that SF/Bay Area fans are fickle.

I just said SF fans. Just typing up my observations. I can't report on the rest of the bay since I don't spend any time anywhere but SF. Just watch how all of a sudden the streets will be flooded with Warriors gear if they can keep up their good start. Yet nary a Niners article of clothing in sight.

Wearing a team's clothing doesn't mean much. You'll find plenty of ppl wearing Raiders gear in Oakland but they have a tough time selling out a game.

Though 49ers have a lot of fans from South Bay, they are well supported by the fans living in SF who have come out for the games every single year. Same support was shown to the Giants when they weren't so great last years.

So says you, but my observation is that they show complete disinterest when things aren't going well.

So says you, but my observation is that they show complete disinterest when things aren't going well.

thats common in any fanbase. when your team sucks, you arent as interested as you are when theyre good. its not hard to see why. would you rather watch paint dry or fireworks?

hardcore fans will always support their team, but the majority of a fanbase isnt hardcore. its casual. when a team sucks, the stadium is half empty. that half is the hardcore fans. it takes the other half of fairweather fans to make it a packed house.

the 49ers suck this year. theres no way around it. i will continue to watch the games, i will continue to wear the gear, but i cant blame the fans that choose to not make sports as big a priority in their life as i do in mine, who dont want to watch the games or wear the gear right now.

i dont think its so much that the fans are disinterested in one team and really into another, its just you get excited when one of your teams is doing really well, which takes your attention away from another team.

as a Giants fan, im cashing in on all my patience and frustration paying off by seeing them win a championship. my attention is focused more on them over all my other teams because of this. its not that i like the 49ers less. if a team wants the spotlight, play better. demand the attention.
[ Edited by Niners99 on Nov 9, 2010 at 3:15 AM ]
Go Giants?
to me.. hoops, football, and baseball will always balance each other out

it's hard to be a baseball town when you have other sports right beside you

Actually I'm pretty sure OKC left Seattle's trophy in Seattle but I could be wrong on that. Not to mention that if the NFL stepped in to keep the friggin name of the browns in cleveland, I'd venture to guess they'd do the same for the team by the bay that has 5 superbowls.

Seriously dude, you just come in an hijack threads that don't have anything to do with LA and make it about stealing the 9ers. Everyone is getting so sick of your schtick.

Nope. The Thunder kept Seattle's trophy.

And the majority of times, we've seen that the NFL does NOT step in to keep history and names behind. Cleveland is the exception, and that's only because their fan base is INSANE.

If the NFL can allow the Baltimore Colts to become the Indianapolis Colts, they can allow the San Francisco 49ers to become the Los Angeles 49ers.

you're wrong, the trophy is still in Seattle: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/jerrybrewer/2013265040_brewer27.html

You act like the 9ers fan base isn't insane. Sure, they're quiet and sit on their hands but those same people show up every weekend for a team that hasn't made the playoffs in 8 years and no black outs? That's friggin impressive. There is too much history in SF for the NFL not to do the same thing with the 9ers history. And you still didn't respond to my post about how everyone is sick of your schtick.

If this ownership keeps fielding 4-12 or 5-11 teams, the blackouts will come. Add to that the fact that the Raiders appear to be on the turnaround and you have a fundamental shift in football loyalties in the Bay Area. The 49ers will no longer be needed here, and the Raiders will be kings.

And Seattle may have kept the trophy, but OKC has still got the history. They have everything except the actual hardware, and are still considered the one-time national champions.
If this ownership keeps fielding 4-12 or 5-11 teams, the blackouts will come. Add to that the fact that the Raiders appear to be on the turnaround and you have a fundamental shift in football loyalties in the Bay Area. The 49ers will no longer be needed here, and the Raiders will be kings.

And Seattle may have kept the trophy, but OKC has still got the history. They have everything except the actual hardware, and are still considered the one-time national champions.

Ahem... first off, FU*K the RAIDERS.

Second, you don't know the Bay Area enough to think that 49er fans will switch side just because the other team across the Bay is winning... NUH-UHHHHH....

Third, (disclaimer: this is MHO and mine alone and does not reflect the views of 49erswebzone) FU*K L.A.!!! Let other football team take root in L.A., you have plenty of choices but I can tell you this, the 49ers will not be one of 'em. I guarantee you that!

Fourth, see all three points and keep reading 'em till it sinks in.

we havent had a blackout since i believe 81...
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

we havent had a blackout since i believe 81...

Some raider fan asked me earlier this year if the Niners sold out and if they were gonna be on tv. I laughed at him.

they were the Tennessee Oilers for one season. they planned to change the name the entire time.

anyways, its not going to happen. the "SF" emblem, and the name "San Francisco 49ers" makes the NFL way too much money, and is too big a part of their history for them to allow the team to be moved to LA. the NFL would step in and find a way to keep them in the bay area.

LA has had football before, and nobody cared. its an awful NFL city. the fans down there right NOW dont even want a team. alot of them prefer just to follow the team they already like, and get to see all the best matchups every week instead of some local crap team that moved there.

LA loves college football, Laker basketball, and the 3rd to 7th innings of Dodger baseball (only when theyre winning).

Sure, the NFL makes lots of money now off of the SF logo, etc. And, when it get's changed to "LA", it'll seem weird at first. So did the Giants' new logo when they relocated to SF from New York. So did the Dodgers' logo when they went from New York to LA.

Things change. Deal with it. Sure, it'll be weird at first, but that new LA logo will eventually make the NFL way, way, way more money than the SF logo does now.

Sure, the NFL makes lots of money now off of the SF logo, etc. And, when it get's changed to "LA", it'll seem weird at first. So did the Giants' new logo when they relocated to SF from New York. So did the Dodgers' logo when they went from New York to LA.

Things change. Deal with it. Sure, it'll be weird at first, but that new LA logo will eventually make the NFL way, way, way more money than the SF logo does now.

How about you deal with the fact the 49ers are not in LA? So do you think spamming the forum with this topic is going to magically make it happen? If you love LA so much, the chargers are right around the corner while you keep on praying.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

How about you deal with the fact the 49ers are not in LA? So do you think spamming the forum with this topic is going to magically make it happen? If you love LA so much, the chargers are right around the corner while you keep on praying.

That's exactly what he keeps doing...spamming the board with this move to LA. He can't understand why LA had 2 teams and both teams moved AWAY from LA and one of them happens to be Raiders - who play in the worst stadium (tied with Niners) in all of NFL. He can't understand why even Jaguars aren't willing or thrilled with the idea of moving to LA. Chargers who have had tough time selling out games during an impressive run last few years aren't seriously considering a move to LA.

When NFL moves a franchise to LA - it will be a franchise who is selling less than half the seats, so when they move to LA - they can at least maintain that. At this point, I think a franchise in London may come before one on LA.

I personally really want LA to have a football team so I can say f**k LA during the months of Sept. - December.
Share 49ersWebzone