LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 237 users in the forums

Slow down there Sabean(says SF has become a baseball town)

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

See. There u go. Using our old logo. Niners fans aren't even up to date. Lol
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by skeetskeet:

google needs to update

this is the current logo....
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

f**k YEAH!!!!!

Naters gonna Nate!

Go G's!
http://yfrog.com/n1u2dg

/thread
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
49ers been irrelevant for 8 years, Giants been contenders in that time and had the whole Bonds breaking the HR record and now the Giants up 3-1 in the World Series? It's gonna be a baseball town.

When Buster Posey has as many championship rings as Joe, I will consider this town a baseball town. GO GIANTS!
[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Oct 31, 2010 at 9:40 PM ]
I LIKE IT

Nothing like calling out your city sports brother for some type of motivation.

Sabean pretty much is telling the Yorks to step their game up.
it has nothing to do with championships or recent relevance. Most San Franciscan sports fans--especially native San Franciscans--just seem more interested in baseball.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
it has nothing to do with championships or recent relevance. Most San Franciscan sports fans--especially native San Franciscans--just seem more interested in baseball.

^^This

Also.. if you're not from the area, have never lived in or around the Bay Area, your opinion on this matter is irrelevant.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by HessianDud:

^^This

Also.. if you're not from the area, have never lived in or around the Bay Area, your opinion on this matter is irrelevant.

I have lived all my life in Fremont, Berkeley, and SF (expect since last summer and now I live in South Lake Tahoe).

SF is obviously more excited about baseball RIGHT NOW...but we are def. a football town. That doesn't mean baseball is not important, baseball is big - but football is really big in and around SF.

I have been to plenty of Giants games 2-3 years ago when we had a hard time selling out games. The only games we sold out were Lincecum's game. I understand there are 81 home games and all, but during the week - there weren't enough fans wanting to watch the Giants. That is after what Bonds did earlier in the decade and in the 90s and in a brand new park - which is probably the best park in all of baseball.

The niners have done really bad for last 8 years, they have played like s**t getting blown out several times at home and away. We have one of the worst stadiums, in an area where no one really wants to go, AND most importantly, had seasons where there was absolutely no hope whatsoever of even having more than handful of wins. Not one blackout. We sold out games, every game was on tv, and supported this team.

SF and bay area loves their football. They love baseball too, but 49ers put SF on the map as a sports city and that ain't changing if Giants or Sharks or Warriors win a title or two.
Share 49ersWebzone