LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 260 users in the forums

Slow down there Sabean(says SF has become a baseball town)

http://www.mercurynews.com/giants/ci_16481249?source=rss

I mean it kind of makes me mad that he's basically saying nobody likes the 9ers anymore. I mean that might not be what he's saying but it's how I took it when I read it. I'm a Giants fan too, and really enjoying the success they've had thus far. But I don't think you can call it a baseball town when the Giants haven't even won a championship there in SF yet, and the 9ers have 5. Sure the 9ers are in a down period right now, but they've won 5 chips and the Giants have yet to win one. The Giants haven't won it yet, although I hope they do and it'd be wonderful. But between the moron insider who works for the 9ers saying something how nobody should care about the 9ers right now basically because of the Giants success, and now Sabean saying it's a baseball town? It's kind of making me mad because I don't want to hear about how bad the 9ers are right now. It just kind of seems like bragging to me.

btw everyone will probably be mad at me for saying this but oh well.
It's certainly not a football town.
Well.......this is a "What have you done for me lately" society. Giants in World Series and Niners fumbling their season away has the town wearing orange. Not red.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Well.......this is a "What have you done for me lately" society. Giants in World Series and Niners fumbling their season away has the town wearing orange. Not red.
Originally posted by darkknight49:

GO GIANTS!!!
we want winners
It is what it is. 9ers ain't winning and the Gigantes are. San Francisco fans are fickle as hell. If you ain't winning they won't go.

I guess nobody understands what the word "Fan" implies.

Fan is short for "Fanatic", it's time for some of our Peeps to get a Gibbs head slap and wake the f@ck up. Instead of contemplating going to games with bags on your heads, how about the determination to cheer your asses off.

Don't let the Opposing team take you out of the game. I'm not saying cheer the game plan or cheer the owners.

I'm saying cheer for the f@ckin players. Anyone that cannot get with that can get the f@ck out and don't come back.

~Ceadder
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
It is what it is. 9ers ain't winning and the Gigantes are. San Francisco fans are fickle as hell. If you ain't winning they won't go.

I guess nobody understands what the word "Fan" implies.

Fan is short for "Fanatic", it's time for some of our Peeps to get a Gibbs head slap and wake the f@ck up. Instead of contemplating going to games with bags on your heads, how about the determination to cheer your asses off.

Don't let the Opposing team take you out of the game. I'm not saying cheer the game plan or cheer the owners.

I'm saying cheer for the f@ckin players. Anyone that cannot get with that can get the f@ck out and don't come back.

~Ceadder

That's laughable. How many blackouts did the 9ers have in the last 8 years? ZERO. San Fran has supported 9ers as well as any team in any region has supported a football team.

Just because we don't get rowdy and in your face - doesn't mean we are fickle. We have supported this garbage team for almost a decade now. You have to be a "fanatic" to continue going to the game and watch this team under-perform for several years now.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It most certainly is. Niners have given every reason not to go the games for last 8 years. Bad coaches, bad management, bad players, bad teams, bad stadium, bad public transportation, bad food, bad parking, and bad owners.

City/Bay Area has always supported them through thick and thin.

I am glad Sabean is calling out that the Giants had overtaken San Francisco as a baseball town. Those F3cking york hasn't done sh!t with the 49ers ever since they took over. Hiring bad coaches, trading players away, being cheap @sses are just one of the few things drove away the people in San Francisco.
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:

It most certainly is. Niners have given every reason not to go the games for last 8 years. Bad coaches, bad management, bad players, bad teams, bad stadium, bad public transportation, bad food, bad parking, and bad owners.

City/Bay Area has always supported them through thick and thin.

agreed
Originally posted by NinerFanMT:
the actual city of SF doesnt matter. the vast majority of both 49ers and Giants fans live in the south bay. i bet if you counted all 49ers/Giants fans, only about 10% live in the actual city of SF. if that...

that said, the bay area has always been a football town. people fell in love with the 49ers during the 80's, and when the Niners are doing ok, they are much more the talk of the town than any other sport.

right now the Giants are the overwhelming favorite because the 49ers are horrible, and the Giants are in the WS. but if the Giants are at .500, and the 49ers are at .500, the 49ers will win out every time. its a football town. its also an above average baseball town, but not to the caliber of STL.

you can call it both, but if were picking one or the other, its football. fans in STL show up to Cards games when theyre horrible, and talk Cards baseball over Rams football anyday.

thats why its such a crying shame that the York's have flushed this team down the toilet since Eddie D left. this area is so 49er loyal, and had built up a national fanbase as good as anyones by the late 90's, only to have let some of that interest fade away. now were just an inept, perennially mediocre team who sweet talks its way into peoples hearts only to let them down.

the York family is like a deadbeat dad. letting everyone down constantly with fake promises. yeah, yeah.....sure Jed.....were getting a brand new stadium, were going to get back to winning super bowls, were doing whats best for the team. right. funny how were 1-6 again? new coachs next year, new set of high hopes and promises of making the playoffs.

lol this post got really depressing...
Share 49ersWebzone