There are 278 users in the forums

NBA Predictions 2010-11

Originally posted by jrg:
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I don't put much stock in the preseason. Orlando is 7-0, which is nice, but so is Memphis.

With Orlando, I see Jameer Nelson, a solid but unspectacular point guard who can't seem to stay healthy. Rashard Lewis and Vince Carter declined last season, and both aren't getting younger. It's pure speculation, but I can't see both of them holding up for the whole year.

I'm not a Q-Rich fan -- poor defender, chucker. Duhon is OK for what he is -- a floor manager, nothing more. I like Pietrus and Ryan Anderson. IMO the bench is below average -- some solid players but nothing that pops out to me.

Clearly, there is enough talent to win 50+. But I just see them taking a step back this year.

The Boozer injury is a blow to Chicago but when he's back, I like that team.

First off, Redick, Anderson, Gortat would start for most teams...so starting there alone I don't understand. We arguably had the best bench in the NBA last year (Lakers) again...and Q-Rich fits perfectly in our system. Only downfall to him is he isn't AS good of a defender as Barnes. Outside of that, um..Redick had talks of STARTING over Vince Carter this year if Carter didn't step up..but now Carter has had a full season in our system and has been pretty damn good so far. Finding his way to the basket. And don't even get me started on Gortat...I feel so bad for the guy. He's a starting C anywhere else in the NBA. Pretty much ANYWHERE. Jameer's last time he was healthy was a All-Star PG..always been a shoot first PG. And bringing in Chris Duhon brings a change of pace..good assist man. Oh, and yeah..Lewis is going back to his natural position SF..where he last scored 22.4 PPG at. With arguably the best starting lineup in the NBA, and a VERY deep bench (Redick, Anderson, Richardson, Pietrus, Duhon, Gortat, Williams, Orton) I just do NOT understand how the Bulls with Boozer starting the season hurt and adjusting to a completely different system is going to out of nowhere pass up Orlando. But, as before...to each their own.

hahaha, I like that passion. Way to back up your team. I respect that.

We'll just see how it plays out. I've got nothing personal against the Magic.

Redick and Anderson would start for most teams?
I also think Boston is getting a lot of attention due to the "streak" they had last year at the end of the season. Apparently people forgot about the "streak" when they were losing games to the Nets before that.

welllll, they did take the lakers to 7 games, anddd they still are probably the best team in the east right now. They just won't go away, pierce wont die, ray is still smirking, Rondo is wading in a pond right now with his turtle friends, and Garnett wont gain weight.
Originally posted by DynastyChile:
I also think Boston is getting a lot of attention due to the "streak" they had last year at the end of the season. Apparently people forgot about the "streak" when they were losing games to the Nets before that.

welllll, they did take the lakers to 7 games, anddd they still are probably the best team in the east right now. They just won't go away, pierce wont die, ray is still smirking, Rondo is wading in a pond right now with his turtle friends, and Garnett wont gain weight.

Exactly. THe Magic are good, but so is Boston and boston beat them last year, plus made some additions. It'd be a good matchup if/when they play eachother this year, but Orlando's gotta beat em because they're the defending eastern conference champs.
IMO...

Redick is not starting for the Lakers, Heat, Blazers, Hawks, Sixers, Warriors, Rockets, Suns, Spurs, Celtics, Bobcats, Grizzlies, Kings, Wizards, Bucks, Clippers, Mavericks, Pistons, Raptors and his own Magic.

I'll give you Denver (Afflalo), Cavs (A.Parker), TWolves (Brewer), Hornets (Belinelli), Pacers (Dunleavy), Bulls (Brewer/Bogans), Knicks (Chandler) and Nets (T-Will/Morrow).

I think Thunder (Sefolosha) and Jazz (R.Bell) would pass based on fits for their team.

Anderson is not starting for the Mavs, Heat, Knicks, Lakers, Warriors, Bulls, Spurs, Hawks, Hornets, Grizzlies, Celtics, Blazers, Clippers, TWolves, Kings, Cavs, Rockets, Thunder, Jazz, Wizards, Nets and Bucks.

Obviously a few can be debated. But that's how I see it.

[ Edited by SacRock14 on Oct 25, 2010 at 22:18:44 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
First off, Redick, Anderson, Gortat would start for most teams....

No, they would not. Don't kid yourself.

And I think the Magic are very good.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame

What does that matter?

Boston was a few breaks and a Perkins injury away from winning another title.
Originally posted by SacRock14:
IMO...

Redick is not starting for the Lakers, Heat, Blazers, Hawks, Sixers, Warriors, Rockets, Suns, Spurs, Celtics, Bobcats, Grizzlies, Kings, Wizards, Bucks, Clippers, Mavericks, Pistons, Raptors and his own Magic.

I'll give you Denver (Afflalo), Cavs (A.Parker), TWolves (Brewer), Hornets (Belinelli), Pacers (Dunleavy), Bulls (Brewer/Bogans), Knicks (Chandler) and Nets (T-Will/Morrow).

I think Thunder (Sefolosha) and Jazz (R.Bell) would pass based on fits for their team.

Anderson is not starting for the Mavs, Heat, Knicks, Lakers, Warriors, Bulls, Spurs, Hawks, Hornets, Grizzlies, Celtics, Blazers, Clippers, TWolves, Kings, Cavs, Rockets, Thunder, Jazz, Wizards, Nets and Bucks.

Obviously a few can be debated. But that's how I see it.

Redick wouldn't start ahead of Afflalo. No way.
The Bobcats are winning it all.
LOL... James... dude... Anderson and Gortat would not start on most teams
Originally posted by socalfan21:

especially Anderson he hasn't done s**t in the league yet.

Originally posted by NinerFanMT:

Gortat could on some teams. Though that's mostly because of the lack of legit bigmen in the league. He's just decent, IMO. A lot of teams don't even have a single decent player at the Center position.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Gortat could on some teams. Though that's mostly because of the lack of legit bigmen in the league. He's just decent, IMO. A lot of teams don't even have a single decent player at the Center position.

Yeah I can definitely see Gortat as well. He has some potential and its a shame he doesn't get more time cuz I'd like to see what he can do.

Yeah. To be honest he could probably have started for the Kings at times before they drafted Cousins and traded for Dalembert. He probably could start on Philly right now, or maybe NYK if they don't start Amare there. He's a decent player.

Yeah I can definitely see Gortat as well. He has some potential and its a shame he doesn't get more time cuz I'd like to see what he can do.

They gave him way too much money to be the player they're asking him to be.

They gave him way too much money to be the player they're asking him to be.

Yeah they did they shoulda just had the Mavs have him, but I wouldn't be suprised to see him get traded in the next year or two.
Share 49ersWebzone