ROY: DeMarcus Cousins
COY: Scott Brooks
DPOY: Dwight Howard
6th Man: JJ Redick

WCFs: Lakers over Thunder
ECFs: Magic over Heat
Finals: Magic over Lakers

Knicks 45 wins

Amare Stoudemire and Raymond Felton will do that.
Originally posted by WARRIORFANPREDICTIONS:

• 4ML
  • Veteran
Miami gets the best record in the NBA - 61 wins. Lakers are locked in to get to the Finals. In the East, it's a two team race - Celts and Miami.

Miami Vs. Celts - Miami wins that in 7 games (home court advantage)

Miami Vs. Lakers - Miami wins that in 7 games (home court advantage)
EAST

Atlantic
2. Boston Celtics 58-24
Toronto Raptors 32-50
New York Knicks 31-51
New Jersey Nets 27-55
Philadelphia 76ers 20-62

Central
3. Chicago Bulls 53-29
7. Milwaukee Bucks 41-41
8. Cleveland Cavaliers 39-43
Indiana Pacers 25-57
Detroit Pistons 25-57

Southeast
1. Miami Heat 62-20
4. Orlando Magic 53-29
5. Atlanta Hawks 49-33
6. Charlotte Bobcats 43-39
Washington Wizards 24-58

WEST

Southwest
3. Dallas Mavericks 54-28
5. San Antonio Spurs 49-33
Houston Rockets 38-44
New Orleans Hornets 36-46
Memphis Grizzlies 35-47

Northwest
2. Portland Trailblazers 57-25
4. Oklahoma City Thunder 52-30
6. Denver Nuggets 48-34
7. Utah Jazz 48-34
Minnesota T-Wolves 19-63

Pacific
1. Los Angeles Lakers 60-22
8. Phoenix Suns 47-35
Golden State Warriors 39-43
Sacramento Kings 34-48
Los Angeles Clippers 32-50

MVP: Kevin Durant
ROY: John Wall
MIP: Darren Collison
DPOY: Dwight Howard
6th: Jamal Crawford
Coach: Nate MacMillan
All-NBA 1st: Chris Paul-Kobe Bryant-Kevin Durant-LeBron James-Dwight Howard
All-NBA 2nd: Dwyane Wade-Deron Williams-Dirk Nowitzki-Amare Stoudemire-Pau Gasol
All-NBA 3rd: Steve Nash-Brandon Roy-Carmelo Anthony-Tim Duncan-Joakim Noah
All-Rookie: John Wall-Paul George-Wesley Johnson-Blake Griffin-DeMarcus Cousins
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Bulls over the Magic eh?

To each their own, I guess.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
SacRock, I'm curious as to why you think the Magic will take a step back from 59 to 53 wins. I know pre season never matters, but the Magic are DOMINATING in pre season and beating their teams by an average of 25pts/game w/ their new lineup..Lewis back at SF and Bass/Anderson at PF. If Howard wasn't there, I know they'd never use Lewis at the 4, but now...with Howard still and another big man down low (Bass starting)...I really don't know of a better starting 5 in the NBA. I'd possibly put the Lakers above them..but IMO, it's been the Magic/Lakers as THE teams in the NBA since their NBA Finals matchup.
I don't put much stock in the preseason. Orlando is 7-0, which is nice, but so is Memphis.

With Orlando, I see Jameer Nelson, a solid but unspectacular point guard who can't seem to stay healthy. Rashard Lewis and Vince Carter declined last season, and both aren't getting younger. It's pure speculation, but I can't see both of them holding up for the whole year.

I'm not a Q-Rich fan -- poor defender, chucker. Duhon is OK for what he is -- a floor manager, nothing more. I like Pietrus and Ryan Anderson. IMO the bench is below average -- some solid players but nothing that pops out to me.

Clearly, there is enough talent to win 50+. But I just see them taking a step back this year.

The Boozer injury is a blow to Chicago but when he's back, I like that team.
And I have the Bulls with the same record as Orlando. But because they are a division winner, they get the top 3 seed.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Originally posted by rigs49:
Phuck the Lakers!! And LA the Kings are going to surprise you and alot of people.

Heat over the Spurs in the finals.

Wouldn't surprise me. I love the Evans/Cousins combo. Can't believe you guys got them with the 4th and 5th picks in back to back drafts.

I just think that the real leap into playoff contention is going to happen next year, but it's gonna happen. There's definitely a chance they're a year ahead of where I think they are though, no doubt. They have the brightest future of the teams that didn't make the playoffs last year, IMO.

If they're around long enough...

I'd be really surprised if they contracted. And if they did, they should start with Memphis. The Kings need a new arena, not to be contracted.

The Hornets should be contracted - if only so the Suns can land Chris Paul and continue our run of incredible point guards and no dominant big men with which to team.

at least you got rid of Amare. He seriously will never win any championship anywhere ever.

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SacRock14:
I don't put much stock in the preseason. Orlando is 7-0, which is nice, but so is Memphis.

With Orlando, I see Jameer Nelson, a solid but unspectacular point guard who can't seem to stay healthy. Rashard Lewis and Vince Carter declined last season, and both aren't getting younger. It's pure speculation, but I can't see both of them holding up for the whole year.

I'm not a Q-Rich fan -- poor defender, chucker. Duhon is OK for what he is -- a floor manager, nothing more. I like Pietrus and Ryan Anderson. IMO the bench is below average -- some solid players but nothing that pops out to me.

Clearly, there is enough talent to win 50+. But I just see them taking a step back this year.

The Boozer injury is a blow to Chicago but when he's back, I like that team.

First off, Redick, Anderson, Gortat would start for most teams...so starting there alone I don't understand. We arguably had the best bench in the NBA last year (Lakers) again...and Q-Rich fits perfectly in our system. Only downfall to him is he isn't AS good of a defender as Barnes. Outside of that, um..Redick had talks of STARTING over Vince Carter this year if Carter didn't step up..but now Carter has had a full season in our system and has been pretty damn good so far. Finding his way to the basket. And don't even get me started on Gortat...I feel so bad for the guy. He's a starting C anywhere else in the NBA. Pretty much ANYWHERE. Jameer's last time he was healthy was a All-Star PG..always been a shoot first PG. And bringing in Chris Duhon brings a change of pace..good assist man. Oh, and yeah..Lewis is going back to his natural position SF..where he last scored 22.4 PPG at. With arguably the best starting lineup in the NBA, and a VERY deep bench (Redick, Anderson, Richardson, Pietrus, Duhon, Gortat, Williams, Orton) I just do NOT understand how the Bulls with Boozer starting the season hurt and adjusting to a completely different system is going to out of nowhere pass up Orlando. But, as before...to each their own.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I'm loving this Heat dick sucking...Gah! Can't wait for the season!
Originally posted by jrg:

Pssht. How do you think we, the defending back to back champion, Lakers fans feel about it?
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by jrg:

Pssht. How do you think we, the defending back to back champion, Lakers fans feel about it?

Ya..works for both of us ya know? You guys are defending champs...and the Magic and Boston are THAT team in the East...but suddenly because of the "icons" on the Heat suddenly the team to beat? Please. Who is going to defend Dwight Howard on the Heat? Joel Anthony? Ilgauskas? Go ahead..try and put Bosh on him..oh and is Mario Chalmers suddenly going to shut down Nelson? The ONLY teams that worry me as a Magic fan are the Lakers and Celtics..more so the Lakers. I'm not so sure the Celtics can "keep up" with Orlando. We all know what happens when Shaq comes to a team to "save the day". Just annoying as hell people shoeing in the Heat as the Eastern Conference Champions.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
I also think Boston is getting a lot of attention due to the "streak" they had last year at the end of the season. Apparently people forgot about the "streak" when they were losing games to the Nets before that.
Share 49ersWebzone