There are 174 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NBA Predictions 2010-11

IMO, the Heat will have the same problem most other teams have with the Lakers. The Bigs down low.

WhotF do they have? Chris Bosh?? Are you s**ttig me???
Originally posted by crzy:
My predictions (I'll do the record predictions later)

MVP: Lebron James
ROY: Blake Griffin
MIP: Dorrell Wright

NBA Finals: Lakers over Heat in 6

You think LeBron will get all of the writers back on his side over the course of the season? Don't get me wrong, I think LeBron will deserve to win the award, but I don't think he'll get the dumbass sportswriters to vote for him.

Even if you put the image/Decision stuff aside, guys who have other elite players around them usually don't get the votes that they deserve. Kinda like how Shaq was the most dominant player in the league for at least a 5 year stretch, but only got 1 MVP.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

You think LeBron will get all of the writers back on his side over the course of the season? Don't get me wrong, I think LeBron will deserve to win the award, but I don't think he'll get the dumbass sportswriters to vote for him.

Even if you put the image/Decision stuff aside, guys who have other elite players around them usually don't get the votes that they deserve. Kinda like how Shaq was the most dominant player in the league for at least a 5 year stretch, but only got 1 MVP.

The media is fickle. As long as you don't treat them like an a*****e like Barry Bonds

Trust me, by January, the entire media will be on Lebron and Heat's nuts as they go on a 10-15 game winning streak against s**tty opponents.

Lebron will win with the "best player on best team" argument.

The attention span of the US and media has gotten ridiculously small. Remember that oil leak? Yeah nobody in the media does. When the Heat win a ton nobody will remember or talk about The Decision. Now if they struggle and lose them they might bring it up. But if they win everyone will love LeBron.
Yeah, you guys are probably right about the media letting the Decision stuff go pretty quickly. After all, all LeBron's "guilty" of is leaving his old team in a tacky manner. Big deal.

I think the harder obstacle to overcome will be Wade and Bosh. If Durant can lead the Thunder to around 55 wins, I think Miami would have to win around 70 for LeBron to win the MVP. The writers always punish players and coaches if they have a great supporting cast.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
Yeah, you guys are probably right about the media letting the Decision stuff go pretty quickly. After all, all LeBron's "guilty" of is leaving his old team in a tacky manner. Big deal.

I think the harder obstacle to overcome will be Wade and Bosh. If Durant can lead the Thunder to around 55 wins, I think Miami would have to win around 70 for LeBron to win the MVP. The writers always punish players and coaches if they have a great supporting cast.

I expect the Thunder to win around 50 games, and the Heat to win around 65 games.
Knicks will win more than 40
Spurs over Spurs in the Finals.

I expect the Thunder to win around 50 games, and the Heat to win around 65 games.

OKC won 50 games last year, and I think they'll be better because their core is all on the upward arc of their career, and the Western Conference as a whole got worse. I'd be surprised if they stayed flat.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I'm just hoping to actually see Houston on TV this year. For me it's like there was no season last year, the only games I watched was LA vs OKC in the POs because Durant is my favorite player. LA win it all again and Miami will not make the Finals. Either Boston or Orlando will be there again and I'll be skipping it again. I hate seeing the same teams every year, that's the NBA.
Originally posted by rigs49:
Phuck the Lakers!! And LA the Kings are going to surprise you and alot of people.

Heat over the Spurs in the finals.

Wouldn't surprise me. I love the Evans/Cousins combo. Can't believe you guys got them with the 4th and 5th picks in back to back drafts.

I just think that the real leap into playoff contention is going to happen next year, but it's gonna happen. There's definitely a chance they're a year ahead of where I think they are though, no doubt. They have the brightest future of the teams that didn't make the playoffs last year, IMO.
Phuck the Lakers!! And LA the Kings are going to surprise you and alot of people.

Wouldn't surprise me. I love the Evans/Cousins combo. Can't believe you guys got them with the 4th and 5th picks in back to back drafts.

I just think that the real leap into playoff contention is going to happen next year, but it's gonna happen. There's definitely a chance they're a year ahead of where I think they are though, no doubt. They have the brightest future of the teams that didn't make the playoffs last year, IMO.

If they're around long enough...
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

I'd be really surprised if they contracted. And if they did, they should start with Memphis. The Kings need a new arena, not to be contracted.
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:

I'd be really surprised if they contracted. And if they did, they should start with Memphis. The Kings need a new arena, not to be contracted.

The Hornets should be contracted - if only so the Suns can land Chris Paul and continue our run of incredible point guards and no dominant big men with which to team.

I think your prediction is pretty good. The Kings will be better and more wins than last year but I really doubt it is significant. I think they will have a lot less blowout losses though and lots more close games. But in the end I wouldn't be surprised if the win total doesn't jump very much.