There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

SAN FRANCISCO GIANTS ARE WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS!!!! (4-1)

Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Kalen49ers:
Originally posted by boast:
Cain
Sanchez
Lincecum
Bumgarner
Cain
Sanchez
Lincecum

No way, it's gonna be Lincecum for game 1.

Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain
Bumgarner (Possibly Lincecum if we are down 1-2 or 0-3)
Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain

Lincecum will start game 1 for sure. Sanchez may start game 2 so he can pitch in a home environment in a pitchers park. the Rangers are all righties, and crush lefties, so itd be best to keep him in the pitchers park at home.

although pushing Cain back twice may throw him off. either way Bumgarner gets a road start, where hes been money all year. im hoping that since pitching usually beats hitting when the hitting hasnt seen it before, we will have the edge, since our rotation is a bit better.

Tough call for Bochy on rotation but I would go with Cain in game 2. I just would prefer him going in games 2 and 6 at home. He would have way too much rest if he sits all the way to game 3 in my opinion. I think the tough call right now might actually be whether you go Bumgarner or Sanchez in game 3. That pitcher could have the deciding game 7.
I think I would still lean towards Jonathan in game 7 only because it would be at home.

Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez
Bumgarner
Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez

[ Edited by Ninerjohn on Oct 25, 2010 at 08:28:47 ]
As of right now the World f**king Series will be blacked out in NYC die to my cable company and Fox beefing over $$$
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
As of right now the World f**king Series will be blacked out in NYC die to my cable company and Fox beefing over $$$

HAHAHHAHA

f**k NY !!!
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
who was the guy in the last thread that said the phillies were going to sweep the giants? LMAO what a fiasco

I dunno but screw him

Seriously. He didn't even give us respect for the first game we won. There was a pretty long convo about that .

GO GIANTS!

Originally posted by Knowledge:
Phils in 4

i absolutely gave repsect was just confident my phils would pull through..obviously i was wrong and congratulated you guys..you guys had the "Magic"
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

HAHAHHAHA

f**k NY !!!

its not all of NYC, all cablevision in the country
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:

HAHAHHAHA

f**k NY !!!

its not all of NYC, all cablevision in the country

I can't imagine they don't come to some sort of agreement by Wednesday. It would be a lose/lose situation for both if they didn't.
Go Rangers! It's so awesome seeing the Rangers in the World Series, here in Texas I have never seen this much excitement over the Rangers, finally I see more people sportin' Ranger's gear than Cowboy's gear.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Cain
Sanchez
Lincecum
Bumgarner
Cain
Sanchez
Lincecum

Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain
Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain

Lincecum will start game 1 for sure. Sanchez may start game 2 so he can pitch in a home environment in a pitchers park. the Rangers are all righties, and crush lefties, so itd be best to keep him in the pitchers park at home.

although pushing Cain back twice may throw him off. either way Bumgarner gets a road start, where hes been money all year. im hoping that since pitching usually beats hitting when the hitting hasnt seen it before, we will have the edge, since our rotation is a bit better.

Tough call for Bochy on rotation but I would go with Cain in game 2. I just would prefer him going in games 2 and 6 at home. He would have way too much rest if he sits all the way to game 3 in my opinion. I think the tough call right now might actually be whether you go Bumgarner or Sanchez in game 3. That pitcher could have the deciding game 7.
I think I would still lean towards Jonathan in game 7 only because it would be at home.

Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez
Bumgarner
Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez

i just dont feel comfortable with Sanchez pitching on the road. the Rangers lineup crushes lefties, and their park is a bandbox. we cant have another Sanchez meltdown in front of a opposing crowd like we did in game 6.

Sanchez would be more comfortable at home, he would get the pitchers park crutch to assist with the Rangers dangerous right handed bats, and he wouldnt be leaned on to have to win a game 7.

Cain pitched on tons of extra rest this postseason and did fine. i feel more comfortable throwing an all star righty like him against a right handed team like Texas on the road. game 3 will be a critical game, whether were up 2-0 or down 0-2. and i feel alot better about Cain in game 7 than Sanchez.

Bochy has pitched a lefty after Lincecum all year, including playoffs. i doubt he changes what he felt brought us here. i think we will go:

game 1: Tim Lincecum
game 2: Jonathan Sanchez
game 3: Matt Cain
game 4: Madison Bumgarner
game 5: Tim Lincecum
game 6: Jonathan Sanchez
game 7: Matt Cain

i like our chances with Lincecum/Sanchez at home to open it, and the Cain, Bumgarner (road stud), and Lincecum as our 3 Texas SP, and then back to Sanchez/Cain at home to close it.

throwing Sanchez and Bumgarner, back to back lefties @TEX in 2 critical series changing games and then hoping Lincecum can pull us out of a nosedive in game 5 if needed isnt a good strategy.
Cain
Sanchez
Lincecum
Bumgarner
Cain
Sanchez
Lincecum

Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain
Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain

Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez
Bumgarner
Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez

i just dont feel comfortable with Sanchez pitching on the road. the Rangers lineup crushes lefties, and their park is a bandbox. we cant have another Sanchez meltdown in front of a opposing crowd like we did in game 6.

Sanchez would be more comfortable at home, he would get the pitchers park crutch to assist with the Rangers dangerous right handed bats, and he wouldnt be leaned on to have to win a game 7.

Cain pitched on tons of extra rest this postseason and did fine. i feel more comfortable throwing an all star righty like him against a right handed team like Texas on the road. game 3 will be a critical game, whether were up 2-0 or down 0-2. and i feel alot better about Cain in game 7 than Sanchez.

Bochy has pitched a lefty after Lincecum all year, including playoffs. i doubt he changes what he felt brought us here. i think we will go:

i like our chances with Lincecum/Sanchez at home to open it, and the Cain, Bumgarner (road stud), and Lincecum as our 3 Texas SP, and then back to Sanchez/Cain at home to close it.

throwing Sanchez and Bumgarner, back to back lefties @TEX in 2 critical series changing games and then hoping Lincecum can pull us out of a nosedive in game 5 if needed isnt a good strategy.

He went Lincecum then Cain in the Atlanta series.
Cain
Sanchez
Lincecum
Bumgarner
Cain
Sanchez
Lincecum

Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain
Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain

Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez
Bumgarner
Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez

He went Lincecum then Cain in the Atlanta series.

He could go either way I think. I can't wait to see. My thing is he probably remembers Sanchez on the road at the end. He was really frustrated. Could play hard into the decision and he gets the home start.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Cain
Sanchez
Lincecum
Bumgarner
Cain
Sanchez
Lincecum

Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain
Lincecum
Sanchez
Cain

Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez
Bumgarner
Lincecum
Cain
Sanchez

I agree. We should keep the same rotation from the Phillies series. Again, Lince has to start game 1. Winning game 1 is huge, it sets the tone for the whole series. If we beat Cliff Lee, it gives us a lot of confidence and really hurts the Rangers.

I've always believed, you want your 2 best pitchers pitching in game 1, 3, 5, and 7.
man, it still hasnt sunk in yet. All the anger and frustrations we Giants fans have endured, expressed and hated, and here we are in the f**king WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!!

This team was in shambles after the Bonds era.

But we built through the draft:

Lincecum, Cain, Wilson, Posey, Bumgarner, Pablo, J. Sanchez, Sergio Romo.

and got some lucky veteran pick ups:

Huff, Franchez, Burrell, Ross, Uribe, Affeldt, Casilla, Lopez.

Man. This team is hard for even Giant haters to not like. Gotta love the Giants.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Bochy just revealed his rotation.

Lince
Cain
Sanchez
MadBum
Lince
Cain
Sanchez
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Bochy just revealed his rotation.

Lince
Cain
Sanchez
MadBum
Lince
Cain
Sanchez

Interesting. I wonder how this will play out against the Texas lineup. A little curious having the two lefties playing road games, but I know Sanchez is lights out (when he isnt freaking out) and MadBum is better on the road. Bochy has ballz though putting MadBum in what could be the pivotal game of the series.

[ Edited by VaBeachNiner on Oct 25, 2010 at 17:16:39 ]
the DH is so stupid, the AL should get rid of it.
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Giants365.com