LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 328 users in the forums

Did Singletary literally run Frank into the ground?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGod:
Originally posted by Blitz:
Acccck, this thread is BS. All this feigned anger is enough to make me wanna barf.

I see the failed logic here. Gore carried for a million times and nobody really gives a s**t...maybe a little half hearted squawk here and there from a very few people....now he carries for a million+1 and gets hurt and now all of a sudden he's been run into the ground and it's livid outrage about how he was done so wrong.

Singletary, is that you?

Not even. Singletary has enough s**t on himself to be axed without this. I ain't sticking up for Singletary, in the least. I hope he is gone soon. All that aside, this thread is a reach, a very big reach. Now, I am stepping out of this developing quagmire, which appears to have the potential to outdo an AS thread.

Run, run, pass, punt. 50% of our plays included Frank Gore.

This wasn't an emotional thread. Singletary likes to run the ball and up the middle at that. Gore was the center of his game plan. Does it not make sense that Gore's usage finally caught up with him?

Does it not make sense that Gore has been injured throughout his career? The dude was passed on by the entire NFL for 2+ full rounds of the draft because of his prevalence to injury. He's been injured before Sing even showed up in the plan. He's been run run run by all sorts of coaches on this team. Were is the outrage about Norv, Hostler, Martz...everyone of those guys ran him and ran him some more, and they all knew about his propensity to injury. Nobody complained then, nobody complained when he ran his ass off for 1600 yards did they? Why...what an outrage...they should have limited him to 1000 yards and sat him on the bench when he reached it!!!! Now tell me, how would that have gone down with the fans and player's?

Hello fans and players: "Ummm, we know that Frank gives us the best chance to win, but we are going to bench him, or change the game plan to not include him so much because he has 1000 yards, and 1600+ yards would really run him into the ground in the future. We need to do this, even if it means we lose more games than we would if we didn't."

It doesn't work the way you guys are trying to rationalize it. Not a f**king chance in hell would YOU, ME, or anyone else put up with keeping our best chance of winning on the bench.

What's the alternative to Frank? An AS or TS led spread offense? HA HA HA...I'm sure other teams would be trembling in their boots at that.

We have never had a balanced attack since Frank has been here. Never, ever. The reason why we have not is 99% because we have had s**tty QB play for years, s**tty oline play for years and s**tty (up until last year) receiving corps to throw to. And that is the reason why Frank has ran his ass off, not a damn thing to do with anything other than that too.

So lets call a spade a goddamn spade here....the reason Frank has ran his ass off is because he was the best chance we had to win and the reason he was the best chance is because the passing offense has sucked, sucked, sucked and majorly f**king sucked year after year after year regardless of who was coaching. Holy macaroni revelations,...Frank could have got more help from a Pop Warner team over those years.

So let me ask you, were you willing, all the these years, to sit back and watch the epically disgusting passing attack take the majority of the game plan, week after week? Were you willing to forfeit games won over these years just so Frank would run less?

Not a chance in hell. And this is why this thread is complete BS, because barely a one of you guys proposing this theory would have been happy about anything other than playing the player's who gave us the best to chance to win, and getting their ass involved in the game as much as possible.....and that player has been Frank. Funny, all for it for a million carries, but now all of a sudden it's an outrage at a million+1.

[ Edited by Blitz on Nov 29, 2010 at 23:30:27 ]
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Brew:
Gore is a physical back. Physical backs are more prone to injuries.
I don't think it has to do with Singletary running him up the middle on 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd down and sometimes 4th down.

If 5th downs were possible, would he be to blame then?

If there were 5th downs yes Singletary's head should be on a fork.

a stake, dammit, a stake.

his brain is not big enough for one.
Gore is a physical back. Physical backs are more prone to injuries.
I don't think it has to do with Singletary running him up the middle on 1st down, 2nd down, 3rd down and sometimes 4th down.

If 5th downs were possible, would he be to blame then?

If there were 5th downs yes Singletary's head should be on a fork.

a stake, dammit, a stake.

his brain is not big enough for one.

touche.
Or is he just going with the "hot hand"?

My opinion starts with a "F" and ends with a "Y".

Frankly I'm not sure, but perhaps we'll have a better answer come Tuesday?
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Or is he just going with the "hot hand"?

My opinion starts with a "F" and ends with a "Y".

Frankly I'm not sure, but perhaps we'll have a better answer come Tuesday?

Depends if he is done looking at the film.
I love to bash on singletard as much as the next guy, but no he did not. Gore has been a workhorse, but such is the life of a starting back. If he took a few carries away a game, this could have happened anyway.

What singletard is guilty of is making poor usage of his other RBs. Westbrook had SIX carries all season prior to tonights game. Dixon had a handful as well. He should have been using them all season in spot duty to spell Gore, but to also add some freaking variety to the offense.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No.

The NFL is rough and injuries happen. But with Frank he has taken a hell of a pounding for many years. And like it or not we do now have to start thinking of long term repalcements. In fact if a premier RB falls to us it wouldn't be crazy to draft that IMO at this point. Frank can't hold up forever and he has had some major injury history both college and pro.

We can't leave ourselves high and dry when he does go down permanently.

This is hist first "major" injury in the pros.
Frank is like all star running backs. He wants the ball. He fights for it. He is unhappy if he doesn't get most of the plays.

Blame Singletary for most things, including bad playcalling. But not for this. This does not sound like a "worn-down" injury. This sounds like an "it happens" injury. Every head coach who has a franchise running back rides him. Maybe Sing overdid it but you can be sure that Frank was happy with that.

It's the NFL people. Injuries happen. Let's blame Climate Change and Borth Korea on Singletary as well.
Yes but so many doors are opened....
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
running 40% of your offense through one man doesn't help

He's trying to save his job and i think it was just something that was ment to happen gore runs harder then anyone in the nfl.

Acccck, this thread is BS. All this feigned anger is enough to make me wanna barf.

I see the failed logic here. Gore carried for a million times and nobody really gives a s**t...maybe a little half hearted squawk here and there from a very few people....now he carries for a million+1 and gets hurt and now all of a sudden he's been run into the ground and it's livid outrage about how he was done so wrong.

Singletary, is that you?

Not even. Singletary has enough s**t on himself to be axed without this. I ain't sticking up for Singletary, in the least. I hope he is gone soon. All that aside, this thread is a reach, a very big reach. Now, I am stepping out of this developing quagmire, which appears to have the potential to outdo an AS thread.

Run, run, pass, punt. 50% of our plays included Frank Gore.

This wasn't an emotional thread. Singletary likes to run the ball and up the middle at that. Gore was the center of his game plan. Does it not make sense that Gore's usage finally caught up with him?

Does it not make sense that Gore has been injured throughout his career? The dude was passed on by the entire NFL for 2+ full rounds of the draft because of his prevalence to injury. He's been injured before Sing even showed up in the plan. He's been run run run by all sorts of coaches on this team. Were is the outrage about Norv, Hostler, Martz...everyone of those guys ran him and ran him some more, and they all knew about his propensity to injury. Nobody complained then, nobody complained when he ran his ass off for 1600 yards did they? Why...what an outrage...they should have limited him to 1000 yards and sat him on the bench when he reached it!!!! Now tell me, how would that have gone down with the fans and player's?

Hello fans and players: "Ummm, we know that Frank gives us the best chance to win, but we are going to bench him, or change the game plan to not include him so much because he has 1000 yards, and 1600+ yards would really run him into the ground in the future. We need to do this, even if it means we lose more games than we would if we didn't."

It doesn't work the way you guys are trying to rationalize it. Not a f**king chance in hell would YOU, ME, or anyone else put up with keeping our best chance of winning on the bench.

What's the alternative to Frank? An AS or TS led spread offense? HA HA HA...I'm sure other teams would be trembling in their boots at that.

We have never had a balanced attack since Frank has been here. Never, ever. The reason why we have not is 99% because we have had s**tty QB play for years, s**tty oline play for years and s**tty (up until last year) receiving corps to throw to. And that is the reason why Frank has ran his ass off, not a damn thing to do with anything other than that too.

So lets call a spade a goddamn spade here....the reason Frank has ran his ass off is because he was the best chance we had to win and the reason he was the best chance is because the passing offense has sucked, sucked, sucked and majorly f**king sucked year after year after year regardless of who was coaching. Holy macaroni revelations,...Frank could have got more help from a Pop Warner team over those years.

So let me ask you, were you willing, all the these years, to sit back and watch the epically disgusting passing attack take the majority of the game plan, week after week? Were you willing to forfeit games won over these years just so Frank would run less?

Not a chance in hell. And this is why this thread is complete BS, because barely a one of you guys proposing this theory would have been happy about anything other than playing the player's who gave us the best to chance to win, and getting their ass involved in the game as much as possible.....and that player has been Frank. Funny, all for it for a million carries, but now all of a sudden it's an outrage at a million+1.

Perfectly stated!
All year long, I thought that they needed to give Dixon and Westbrook carries to take the workload off Gore. I think blame can be leveled at the coaching staff for overworking Frank. He had like 90% of the carries this season, that's all that needs to be said really.
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
No.

The NFL is rough and injuries happen. But with Frank he has taken a hell of a pounding for many years. And like it or not we do now have to start thinking of long term repalcements. In fact if a premier RB falls to us it wouldn't be crazy to draft that IMO at this point. Frank can't hold up forever and he has had some major injury history both college and pro.

We can't leave ourselves high and dry when he does go down permanently.

This is hist first "major" injury in the pros.

So this combined with college gives him a major injury history in college and the pros...
No. This wasn't a "wear'n'tear" type injury. This was a fluke injury. You think he's so tired 4 carries into the game that his worn out muscles can't adequately protect his bones or counteract contact? It's just unlucky.

While playing basketball in 7th grade I fractured both my fibula and tibula on the growth plate (right at the ankle) doing a simple, untouched, jump shot. Yet both before and after I've jumped off of ledges onto solid ground from 15 feet or more and been fine. Sometime the stars align and you get unlucky with a freakish injury.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Gore is his own worst enemy anyways... if anybody is gonna run him into the ground its him.
Share 49ersWebzone