There are 162 users in the forums

Pac-12 formed, CA. schools split between divisions

Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:
Larry Scott said "...It's an exciting day for the Pac-12 and all of our fans."

Way to NOT have your pulse on the opinion of the fans, you jackhole, yet speak for us anyway.

Cal and USC have played every year since 1929, while Cal has played UCLA each season since 1933. Stanford has played both Los Angeles schools each year since 1946.

R.I.P. ^^^THIS

I was hoping they would keep the main rivalry games like the announced in the new Big ten. They promised to keep the main games even while splitting. CAL vs Stanford must continue!
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SunDevilNiner79:
Originally posted by ads_2006:
Originally posted by nipplehead:
We are going to cakewalk to the championship game each year. Stoked.

I dunno about that. Stoops has started to get Arizona's program rolling. Utah is a pretty solid program, I don't think you can mark them down as an easy out. UCLA is looking better, but still a cupcake team. Colorado is a cupcake team.

And then my Devils, this is probably our best team since 2005 and only 1 senior starts (I know we we won a lot in 07, but that was mostly due to PAC-10 being soft).

And then your Trojans aren't the same dominant program. Kiffin has still NEVER proven he is a good head football coach.

I'd honestly say my Devils will be the favorite to win our division next year. Arizona is losing a lot of key players, UCLA/ Colorado have no chance, and I can't see Utah winning it in their first year, leaving ASU or USC who both have very young teams.

hmmm....it appears ASU's Dean, Michael Crow, was CEO of the Executive Group for the PAC-10, who worked with Scott to get the Chancellor's to agree.

Coincidence that it was best situation for us, I'm sure

Explain

All we cared about is
A) Staying with AZ for the rivalry
B) Playing USC/UCLA to mantain our SoCal pipeline. (about half our starters, maybe more, are from So Cal).
C) Its also extremely easy to road trip to every conference away game other then Utah (several hour drive to every school)
D) the only thing I would have liked better is switching Utah with CAL. But CAL needed to stay with Stanford.

You are right, this was a win for the AZ schools. Maintaining the LA pipeline was very important. But really it was a win for all of the small market schools with the revenue sharing being split into equal 12ths. And home field for the championship in football.

I agree that ASU will be stronger next year, but don't count out the Wildcats, we do lose OL men, but we do return a bunch of skill position players, Foles, Criner, Antolin, Nwoko, so it will be a battle
Originally posted by nipplehead:
We are going to cakewalk to the championship game each year. Stoked.

I dunno about that. Stoops has started to get Arizona's program rolling. Utah is a pretty solid program, I don't think you can mark them down as an easy out. UCLA is looking better, but still a cupcake team. Colorado is a cupcake team.

And then my Devils, this is probably our best team since 2005 and only 1 senior starts (I know we we won a lot in 07, but that was mostly due to PAC-10 being soft).

And then your Trojans aren't the same dominant program. Kiffin has still NEVER proven he is a good head football coach.

I'd honestly say my Devils will be the favorite to win our division next year. Arizona is losing a lot of key players, UCLA/ Colorado have no chance, and I can't see Utah winning it in their first year, leaving ASU or USC who both have very young teams.

SC is gonna be filthy next year. Not knocking ASU (I don't follow your team that closely so can't speak for them) but SC is gonna be downright dirty with the guys we have maturing.
Originally posted by dobo:
Fans of Pac 10 schools in CA ... question ... would you have preferred ejecting UA and ASU and having a Pac 8 instead? Or do you prefer having CU and Utah with two divisions?

Ejecting. I've never cared about the Arizona schools.
Fans of Pac 10 schools in CA ... question ... would you have preferred ejecting UA and ASU and having a Pac 8 instead? Or do you prefer having CU and Utah with two divisions?

the latter, although I would have preferred BYU instead of CU since we would have the BYU-Utah rivalry

I love the 2-division setup that results in a conference championship game, but I can see how the details to work it out get complicated (ie: separating the cali schools, although it wouldn't be such a big issue if those schools could continue to play each other every season)
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blunt_probe:

Originally posted by AZ9er:

Sorry, dude, but if it's one or the other, I'm going with that. Versing socal teams means more to me.
NO ONE LOVES RALPHIE!
having colorado is kind of lame, i would have preferred byu too

Sorry, dude, but if it's one or the other, I'm going with that. Versing socal teams means more to me.

agreed

agreed

Too bad suckers! You're stuck with us.

agreed

Too bad suckers! You're stuck with us.

That's the ONLY way to put it.

The latter. I like U of A and ASU in our league. That said, I wanted to keep it as the ten schools - I liked the symmetry and playing every team every year.

Way to NOT have your pulse on the opinion of the fans, you jackhole, yet speak for us anyway.

Cal and USC have played every year since 1929, while Cal has played UCLA each season since 1933. Stanford has played both Los Angeles schools each year since 1946.

R.I.P. ^^^THIS

Cal & Stanford are playing both LA schools every year!
Originally posted by AC49er:

R.I.P. ^^^THIS

Cal & Stanford are playing both LA schools every year!

link?
Share 49ersWebzone