LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 151 users in the forums

***Official Houston Rockets 2010-2011 Season Thread***

Sorry Stoney been busy got a 6 month old at home....but this win is moot point we are 6 games under .500 and Brooks and Yao have no timetable to return.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
As sad as I am for Yao because he's such a great guy and player when healthy, hopefully this is the end of him in Houston. The team can't grow with the annual uncertainty of his availability and trying to construct a cohesive team. It's no coincendence the team has played better since he's been gone, guys can find their role and have some continuity. The problem is the team is built to be just good enough to never be in position to draft a superstar. With all the movement I still can't beleive we haven't been able to even be in the discussion to acquire any of the top talent. It's a good organization, maybe one day Morey will be able to package all these great assets we've stockpiled for a difference maker.
agreed TX9R, I love Yao, but time to move on, and plan for future.

I would rather keep our young asests like Budinger, Hill, and Patterson.
Houston has been quietly making a move up the standings, 5 straight wins, 8-2 in their last 10 games..... not bad Rockets.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Finally something good to talk about! Clippers loss aside I think this team got better by subtraction, now the minutes can be consistent. Houston is surprisingly one of the best offensive teams in the NBA and I think they actually have their star in Kevin Martin, he just can't defend. What we need is a front court, but I think in this new weakened west Houston can make a run at 8 or even 7 seed. They have the easiest schedule in the league.
Originally posted by TX9R:
Finally something good to talk about! Clippers loss aside I think this team got better by subtraction, now the minutes can be consistent. Houston is surprisingly one of the best offensive teams in the NBA and I think they actually have their star in Kevin Martin, he just can't defend. What we need is a front court, but I think in this new weakened west Houston can make a run at 8 or even 7 seed. They have the easiest schedule in the league.

Do you think they'll let Scola go in free agency when the season is over and start Patrick Patterson next year?
Rockets:

well, off-season time, players under contract

SG 12 Kevin Martin($11.520M), PF 4 Luis Scola($8.592M), PG 7 Kyle Lowry($5.75M), C 32 Hasheem Thabeet($5.128M), C 52 Brad Miller($4.752M), C 27 Jordan Hill($2.856M), SF/SG 1 Terrence Williams($2.369M), PF 54 Patrick Patterson($1.960M), SF/SG 10 Chase Budinger($884K), SG 5 Courtney Lee($2.225M), C Marcus Cousin($789K), G Marquis Blakely($789K)

Rockets have a total of around $49M in contracts for 2011, including a $2.108M RFA tender offer to Goran Dragic.

FA's

Chuck Hayes, Yao Ming

Chuck has a $3.945M Cap Hold, and Yao max 9 level, not sure amount.

If cap is at say 58M, the team have around 10M for FA's, plus they can renounce rights to Yao and Hayes and gain room from my understanding.

I personaly would re-sign Hayes, trade Miller,

Plus we have 3 picks in '11 draft.

2 1st rounders, and 1 2nd rounder.

our 1sts are our own and Phoenix's via Orlando, and we swapped 2nds with the Clippers.

[ Edited by AB83Rules on May 9, 2011 at 21:37:33 ]
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:
Originally posted by TX9R:

Do you think they'll let Scola go in free agency when the season is over and start Patrick Patterson next year?

Scola got a new deal in the 2010 offseason, thru 2014-2015 season, and Lowry also has a long term deal.
Share 49ersWebzone