There are 217 users in the forums

***Official Houston Rockets 2010-2011 Season Thread***

Originally posted by ninersrule4:
Dayyum we lost. We could have one it, need to limit the turnovers and work on our layup drills haha Scola missed a whole lota layups espically in the 4th. Overall I liked what I saw, good things to come. Cbud, lee and yao stood out didn't expect yao to do nearly as much as he did. However didn't like the final 2 plays

Good game fellas, so stoked the NBA is back!

You guys are definitely on the way up..lots of speed and great long range shooting
Rockets will make the playoffs this year.

Wow, I was really impressed.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Stupid west coast time, I was in bed before tip off. How did Yao look, rusty? Tire quickly?
  • titan
  • Veteran
Look really good! You guys are deep with your Guards.
[ Edited by titan on Oct 27, 2010 at 7:48 AM ]
Originally posted by TX9R:
Stupid west coast time, I was in bed before tip off. How did Yao look, rusty? Tire quickly?

Very rusty. He couldn't make easy shots right under the basket. Not so much tired, but he did foul out at exactly the 24 minute mark. I don't know if he planned that, or not.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

Very rusty. He couldn't make easy shots right under the basket. Not so much tired, but he did foul out at exactly the 24 minute mark. I don't know if he planned that, or not.

It was kind of a s**tty position for Yao to be put in. His first game in almost a year in a half has him guarding one of the most agile bigs in the game. Pau was running circles around him all night. He looked slow, even by Yao standards.

Overall though, the Rockets looked very good and versatile.
you guys have a realllll solid squad. good luck this season i'll be interested in seeing where you seed in the WC

Very rusty, missed alot of the shots he usually makes near the rim, however he did better than i expected thats for sure, grabbed 11 boards in 24 minutes that was good and he made it a little difficult when he was in for LA to attack the rim.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
So this team plays no D at all now it would appear. If only we could meld Adelman and JVG we'd be pretty good.
well another dissapointing loss.

Anyway, a look at our cap situation.

We have $43.188M in commited Salaries for 2011-2012

Kevin Martin- $11.520M
Luis Scola- $8.582M
Kyle Lowry- $5.750M
Brad Miller- $4.752M
Jordan Hill- $2.856M (Contract was picked up for 2011 season)
Aaron Brooks- $2.977M (RFA Offer)
Patrick Patterson- $1.960M
Courtney Lee- $2.225M
Chase Budinger- $884K
Jermaine Taylor- $884K
Ish Smith- $789K

Shane Battier, Yao Ming, Jared Jeffries and Chuck Hayes are UFA's.

Now, we will save I believe the 884K if we do indeed cut or trade Taylor to make room for Erick Dampier and his $2.08M 1yr deal.

I don't expect Battier and Jeffries back, maybe even traded with Hill for say Carmelo Anthony, we could send the 1st rd pick we got from NYK in the TMAC/Martin/Landry deal.

just some thoughts.

Wtf
Where the hell you guys at? Not a post since October? Shame! I was gonna come in here to congratulate you guys, but now I feel dirty.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Where the hell you guys at? Not a post since October? Shame! I was gonna come in here to congratulate you guys, but now I feel dirty.

lol

lol, been a down season for my rockets.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I haven't seen many games to talk about. This is old school Houston sports at it's best. Look good, find a way to lose in the end, repeat. Looks like my early predicion of too much mid leval talent, not enough minutes, no chief, and thus the chemistry is just not there. beating LA in the midst of a slump doesn't change anything.
Share 49ersWebzone