There are 102 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

How is the MLS doing?

Going to an MLS game tomorrow, and it got me thinking: how is the MLS doing? I'm sure it sees a boost every World Cup, but I'm wondering if they've been getting more successful since their beginnings.
Who cares?
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Who cares?

Well, me. And hopefully someone else who can let me know.
Originally posted by Jabuke:
Going to an MLS game tomorrow, and it got me thinking: how is the MLS doing? I'm sure it sees a boost every World Cup, but I'm wondering if they've been getting more successful since their beginnings.

yeah they have. I've been hearing more about the MLS ever since Marquez and Henry joined the red bulls. I think those two signings have already done more for the mls than Beckham has in like 3 or 4 years. Ronaldinho was linked to the Glaxy this past offseason too. But it seems like he'll play his career out in milan.
  • Riot
  • Veteran

It's growing slowly but surely. MLS will never be the biggest sport in the States, but it doesn't need to be.

To be honest, going to soccer games is way more fun than going to football games (at least NFL, I've never been to a college football game before).
  • Brew
  • Veteran
Smaller crowds, no ghetto fans, quick pace game and you're in and out in 1hr 30. I wish I could go to galaxy games regularly
Originally posted by Brew:
Smaller crowds, no ghetto fans, quick pace game and you're in and out in 1hr 30. I wish I could go to galaxy games regularly

Yep. Just got back from the game, only took a couple hours. I was in the section with all the crazy fans standing up and singing songs, it was like being at a college football game. The most fun I've ever had at a professional sporting event.
  • Riot
  • Veteran

Yep. Just got back from the game, only took a couple hours. I was in the section with all the crazy fans standing up and singing songs, it was like being at a college football game. The most fun I've ever had at a professional sporting event.

What game did you see?
Originally posted by Riot:

What game did you see?

Red Bulls. Can't go wrong with Henry and Marquez.
Hey where can I watch the MLS online? Sorta like a FoxSoccer type of online stream?
  • Paul
  • Veteran
I'd say good since they've been around since 1993 and have 18 teams. As of April of 2010 (newest info I could find), MLS averages around 18,400 fans per game.
Originally posted by Riot:
It's growing slowly but surely. MLS will never be the biggest sport in the States, but it doesn't need to be.

To be honest, going to soccer games is way more fun than going to football games (at least NFL, I've never been to a college football game before).

oh hell yeah!! 0-0 draws rule!
what's worse MLS or WNBA?