Not a member? Register Now!

2010-11 Back-to-Back NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by YOUNGster08:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by kujon11:
Originally posted by KALI-KING:
Originally posted by TheG0RE49er:
We need a new bench, Blake, Barnes, Walton, are just awful. Find a way to trade Artest, and try and bring in Chris Paul, f**k Howard. I also fear that Gasol's and Odom's intensity is never gonna be the same anymore after winning those 2 championships, however, I don't see the Lakers getting rid of either of those guys. At least not until their contracts are about to be up.

Were not getting Paul without giving up Bynum or Gasol.

if that's the case, send gasol packing. he doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder after he wont those two rings. bynum is still playing with some fire since he missed out on the last two

We wouldn't have to give up as much for CP3, I don't think. He will be a free agent and unless some other team offers a lot, he can be had for relatively cheap. We're never getting my favorite player in Derrick Rose, but we can have my 2nd favorite in L.A. I'd like to see us get rid of Brown(absolute garbage, hate him with a passion), and Walton. Use Odom, Bynum, and Gasol as trade bait. Most likely will have to trade Bynum for Howard, but hopefully we could get a couple of draft picks with him or maybe Brandon Bass I like Howard because he is a beast on D, but can also light it up on the scoresheet. He is also more mature than Bynum...I hear Stephen Curry is up on the trading block, maybe we could bring him in as our PG. It would be nice if we could sign Kurt Thomas and re-sign Joe Smith for some depth.

LOL You are going to get CP 3 and then Howard and some draft picks for Bynum? I dont want to say anything bout your guys' loss since I respect most of you, but as far as the trades go keep mf dreaming dude!

No, I wasn't saying we would get both. Besides, CP3 is going to New York. My point was that it is not going to take as much as you would think for CP3 because he is leaving anyway and New Orleans will want to at least get something out of it. I see Curry as a more realistic possibility.

Stephen Curry? Jerry West even said that nobody wants most of the Lakers players. Why would the Warriors trade Curry to the Lakers? Curry is their PG of the future pretty much.
We need a new bench, Blake, Barnes, Walton, are just awful. Find a way to trade Artest, and try and bring in Chris Paul, f**k Howard. I also fear that Gasol's and Odom's intensity is never gonna be the same anymore after winning those 2 championships, however, I don't see the Lakers getting rid of either of those guys. At least not until their contracts are about to be up.

if that's the case, send gasol packing. he doesn't play with a chip on his shoulder after he wont those two rings. bynum is still playing with some fire since he missed out on the last two

We wouldn't have to give up as much for CP3, I don't think. He will be a free agent and unless some other team offers a lot, he can be had for relatively cheap. We're never getting my favorite player in Derrick Rose, but we can have my 2nd favorite in L.A. I'd like to see us get rid of Brown(absolute garbage, hate him with a passion), and Walton. Use Odom, Bynum, and Gasol as trade bait. Most likely will have to trade Bynum for Howard, but hopefully we could get a couple of draft picks with him or maybe Brandon Bass I like Howard because he is a beast on D, but can also light it up on the scoresheet. He is also more mature than Bynum...I hear Stephen Curry is up on the trading block, maybe we could bring him in as our PG. It would be nice if we could sign Kurt Thomas and re-sign Joe Smith for some depth.

LOL You are going to get CP 3 and then Howard and some draft picks for Bynum? I dont want to say anything bout your guys' loss since I respect most of you, but as far as the trades go keep mf dreaming dude!

No, I wasn't saying we would get both. Besides, CP3 is going to New York. My point was that it is not going to take as much as you would think for CP3 because he is leaving anyway and New Orleans will want to at least get something out of it. I see Curry as a more realistic possibility.

Stephen Curry? Jerry West even said that nobody wants most of the Lakers players. Why would the Warriors trade Curry to the Lakers? Curry is their PG of the future pretty much.

He and Monta are expendable if a big man becomes available. However, I doubt that the Lakers would trade either of their bigs 1) without exchanging them for D-12 and 2)within the Pacific division.
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
And I have nothing nice to say about Pau Gasol right now.

I do! He's potential trade bait for Howard.

it doesn't help that his brother is doing so well in the playoffs too

Originally posted by valrod33:
From Twitter. It made me lol

"silkyjohnson_: Marc Gasol is obviously in a very stable relationship #NBA"
--http://twitter.com/silkyjohnson_/status/67820222190592000

what does that mean?

The Grizzlies hosed us in that trade.
maybe the lakers can sneak in and swoop j. teague. low profile yet very good point man
Originally posted by Jigga:

He and Monta are expendable if a big man becomes available. However, I doubt that the Lakers would trade either of their bigs 1) without exchanging them for D-12 and 2)within the Pacific division.

The Warriors owner has come out and publicly stated that Curry was on the block. Curry and Ellis are too similar in style, so they are looking to get something to complement their team.
kings ransom part 2 coming to L.A this offseason
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Marc is the better player long term. He's bigger, longer, tougher and more of an enforcer. In the short run Pao was more polished and a better technician. I honestly believe Marc will over take his brother here soon in the NBA as the better overall player.

[ Edited by SanDiego49er on May 11, 2011 at 01:40:56 ]
lol Laker fans are so out of touch with reality.

every once and a while you go home early. get over it. all this talk about signing Chris Paul and Dwight Howard is hilarious. the NBA would be better off if the Lakers didnt win another title for 20 years. get some parity in the NBA for a change.
Originally posted by Niners99:

every once and a while you go home early. get over it. all this talk about signing Chris Paul and Dwight Howard is hilarious. the NBA would be better off if the Lakers didnt win another title for 20 years. get some parity in the NBA for a change.

this. as a laker fan this is ridiculous. yes some changes need to be made, but we had an unfortunate sweep in the 2nd round of the playoffs. 22 other teams wish they were in the 2nd round of the playoffs, we're still a great team and i truly believe that. i dnot want no gay ass super team
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
Originally posted by LAFortyNinerfan:

Marc is the better player long term. He's bigger, longer, tougher and more of an enforcer. In the short run Pao was more polished and a better technician. I honestly believe Marc will over take his brother here soon in the NBA as the better overall player.

Marc is already better than Pau.
Originally posted by phatbutskinny:
Originally posted by Niners99:

this. as a laker fan this is ridiculous. yes some changes need to be made, but we had an unfortunate sweep in the 2nd round of the playoffs. 22 other teams wish they were in the 2nd round of the playoffs, we're still a great team and i truly believe that. i dnot want no gay ass super team

So you agree with him on the Lakers not winning another title for 20 years? So much for a Laker fan. What's wrong with fans wanting to make their team better? I'm not on the CP3 bandwagon because there's no way we can afford him AND Dwight Howard. He wants to go to New York anyway, so it is pointless to even want him to come to LA. We do need a point guard, which was shown by our lack of moving the ball and not being able to cover the opponent's point guard. If you think that the Lakers are suddenly going to start playing like they did in the last couple championship years, then take the blinders off because it was apparent throughout the season that this is not the same team. Changes need to be made.
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com