There are 130 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2010-11 Back-to-Back NBA Champion Los Angeles Lakers Thread

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
It sucks to check out of the playoffs so early, but I'm not too broken hearted about it. The past 3 years have been a dream come true for some franchises. To some of us, it's just the norm. 3 straight Finals trips, with back to back titles is an amazing run.

I wasn't happy at all with the moves made to solidify the bench. You all know how I feel about #9. As I expected, he did absolutely nothing to contribute during the season or the playoffs. In my eyes, the downfall started when he signed. Every single one of you disagreed with me, but look who knew what was up all along.

I hope the owners and players work things out quickly. It'll be interesting to see what the front office does with the roster.

This is true and Barnes was a huge disappointment. But the other teams are also much better this year. Spurs ran into a freaking team that jumped up at them like Rambo popping out of the water with guns blazing.

I won't disagree that other teams got better, but when the Lakers went on their run after the All-Star break, they looked to everybody like the team to beat. Unfortunately for us Laker fans, it's quite apparent that they blew their wad too early.
Originally posted by Joecool:
It sucks to check out of the playoffs so early, but I'm not too broken hearted about it. The past 3 years have been a dream come true for some franchises. To some of us, it's just the norm. 3 straight Finals trips, with back to back titles is an amazing run.

I wasn't happy at all with the moves made to solidify the bench. You all know how I feel about #9. As I expected, he did absolutely nothing to contribute during the season or the playoffs. In my eyes, the downfall started when he signed. Every single one of you disagreed with me, but look who knew what was up all along.

I hope the owners and players work things out quickly. It'll be interesting to see what the front office does with the roster.

This is true and Barnes was a huge disappointment. But the other teams are also much better this year. Spurs ran into a freaking team that jumped up at them like Rambo popping out of the water with guns blazing.

I won't disagree that other teams got better, but when the Lakers went on their run after the All-Star break, they looked to everybody like the team to beat. Unfortunately for us Laker fans, it's quite apparent that they blew their wad too early.

I will be the first to say that I would rather have the champs lose in the Conference finals or the finals. Sucks to have them (no matter what team it is) dethroned early.
It's been too long since I've been able to post this

• jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
It's been too long since I've been able to post this

Originally posted by Negrodamus:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by susweel:
Its all good, time to rebuild and get back to greatness.

Go Lakers!!!!!!!!

this ? is only for susweel. what do you think the Lakers need to do to get back there. what positions/players will you upgrade? I NEED YOUR INPUT SUSWEEL

The main thing they need to do is get more athletic and get some outside shooters. Everybody but Kobe should be on the trade market for the right price.

get more outside shooters at what positions? can you name some you would like to see. so who would trade and for whom in return?

This thing you are doing is a little weird.

i just would like to hear his thoughts. something wrong

The PG position is desperately due for for upgrade as well as the two guard and small forward. I would bring back Kobe, Gasol, Bynum and Odom if possible and try to upgrade the smaller position players.

Im not sure who will be available in free agency or in trades so I can really name and names.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
Originally posted by jrg:

Dwight for Bynum and Odom
  • jrg
  • Veteran
www.pleasestaydwight.com
  • Otter
  • Veteran
Congrats Lakers fans on a fantastic two year Championship run and was it three straight appearances in the finals.

you're 1 realistic magic fan
  • jrg
  • Veteran

you're 1 realistic magic fan

Uh..what?

Lol this wasn't created by me, dude.
Not that it was hard to predict but I never really bought into this team 3 peating
Not that it was hard to predict but I was ready to write them off after game 1
Not that is was hard to predict but after game 3 I knew we were going to get swept

However, what I never saw coming is that the run would end with such little class and dignity.

I think the same can be said from us Laker fans, but I think we are mainly following the vibe that the team and coach is sending out.

I thought the run would end with more unity and more class. It didn't, and thats a shame.

I am more proud of these Lakers than ashamed of them right now, I hope when some time passes more players and fans alike can be a little more dignified
Originally posted by danimal:
Not that it was hard to predict but I never really bought into this team 3 peating
Not that it was hard to predict but I was ready to write them off after game 1
Not that is was hard to predict but after game 3 I knew we were going to get swept

However, what I never saw coming is that the run would end with such little class and dignity.

I think the same can be said from us Laker fans, but I think we are mainly following the vibe that the team and coach is sending out.

I thought the run would end with more unity and more class. It didn't, and thats a shame.

I am more proud of these Lakers than ashamed of them right now, I hope when some time passes more players and fans alike can be a little more dignified

Biggest disappointment for me as well. I can live with not 3 peating or even getting our asses kicked. It happens. But the Bynum cheap shot and Artest's cheap shot in Game 3 were really, really disappointing.

And I have nothing nice to say about Pau Gasol right now.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
And I have nothing nice to say about Pau Gasol right now.

I do! He's potential trade bait for Howard.
  • jrg
  • Veteran
http://www.didthelakersgetswept.com/
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home
Get the Latest News at Lakers365.com