LISTEN: Reacting to the 49ers Drafting Ricky Pearsall →

There are 216 users in the forums

Pacquiao vs. Margarito - November 13, 2010 / Cowboys Stadium

Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
mayweather beat marquez........
marquez might have beat pacquiao........
therefore mayweather beats pac?

why not? mayweather has the style that marquez executed and he has the talent to execute it better.

again, my point in bringing up marquez's name had nothing to do with the mayweather/marquez fight, it has everything to do with the problems marquez presented to pac

has pac faced anyone else with that type of style? no.. he's faced guys that are immobile and that he's exploited with his excellent movement...

Quote:
since we wanna compare common opponents.....

it took 10(?) rounds for mayweather to beat hatton
and 12 (close) rounds for mayweather to beat de la hoya.

and it took 2 rounds for pacquiao to beat hatton
and it took 8 rounds for pacquiao to make de la hoya quit.

how is this relevant to anything? styles make fights, son.

that's like comparing the rams and ravens of the early decades during their superbowl years and flat out assuming that the rams are better because the ravens aren't putting up 35-40 points a game.

Quote:
ya de la hoya was older, and he looked old slow and sluggish..... but honestly.... in recent fights, who hasn't?

but for some reason we keep omitting that he hadn't fought at that weight in 7 years... that kinda makes a difference. even papa roach admits all this.

Quote:
if they do win, i give mayweather a good chance at winning, because he's gonna wait for pacquiao to be knee deep in sh*t with his new congressman job and completely distracted from boxing, and in not as good of shape, before he signs the contract.

ok
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by silkyjohnson:
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
It's obvious that PBF is pulling a Sugar Ray vs Hagler.

He's waiting until he gets older, frustrated and rested.

Then he'll call him out.

PBF is still one of the best fighters in the world.

Mayweather's a proven counter-puncher. Against Manny, how can he counter something that he can't see?

IMHO, Mayweather's going to be exposed against Pacquiao.

*cough* Marquez *cough*

Marquez was old and sluggish when Mayweather fought him. He had to gain something like 15-20 pounds just to fight Fraud Mayweather and his punches were lacking power. He looked gassed and unprepared.

Pretty Boy Fraud's fan boys need to realize the reason his counter-punching style is successful is due to his superior speed in comparison to his opponents. He won't have that advantage against Pacquiao. Nobody he's ever faced has had the combination of speed and punching power that Pacquiao has. Not to mention Pacquiao's countering skills and footwork get better after each fight.

All that said, this fight between Pacquiao and Margarito closed the deal on any future Mayweather/Pacquiao bout. Mayweather is looking to preserve that '0' and after seeing the beating Pacquiao put on Margarito, he's got to be even more scared than he was previously.

Fraud will play his stupid games like always, backing out in the end, again.

Actually the point I was trying to address by bringing up Marquez is this:

Originally posted by DarthNiner:
Mayweather's a proven counter-puncher. Against Manny, how can he counter something that he can't see?

You know who's a proven counter-puncher? Marquez. You know who's the last guy to arguably beat Pac? Marquez. You know who gave Pac the most trouble since his last official loss? Marquez.

Pretty boy has superior speed in comparison to his opponents, and he is miles ahead of Marquez in terms of almost any attribute you can think of... you said it yourself... so tell me this, when is the last time Pac went up against someone with the footwork, speed and counter-punching ability of Money Mayweather?

Why is this a one-way street?

It's not like Marquez was on Pac's level in term of "speed and power" back then, so why would somebody "with the speed and power" of Pacquiao give Mayweather fits? Yet why wouldn't somebody with speed, superior contering ability and perhaps the best pure skills ever seen in boxing, not to mention someone who knows how to use his size advantage effectively, give Manny fits?

Say what you want about whether the fight happens or not, I'm not even arguing that. I have no idea why Pac ducked Floyd and signed the Clottey fight 1 day after, I have no idea why Floyd doesn't wanna negotiate right now. There's nothing to argue there, if it happens it happens, if it doesn't it doesn't. The one thing that I don't understand is how Pac fanboys can go ahead and say that because he's got "speed and power" he's gonna wipe the floor with Mayweather, yet somehow they seem to conveniently forget that Marquez beat their boy more rounds in their two bouts doing something that none of Pac's other opponents can do, but something that Mayweather does and does it much better at that.

Pac and Marquez had a war and it's not like Pac got utterly dominated. Both fighters went back and forth. What's funny is the way that you like to discredit Pac's wins. Then when we bring up Mayweather chances, you get offended by it.

Pacquiao will be remembered as a great fighter that continued to move up in weight and dominate his opponents. Mayweather will be remembered as the undefeated king that ducked a mega fight with Pac. And I'm not the only one that feels that way.
are you saying that pacquiao's style wouldn't give problems to mayweather?
Too bad Mayweather too chicken to fight. Instead of people always saying how Mayweather would do against Paquiao, there would be an actual fight.
Mayweather is a little bit[#!!! fock his fabricated record! Always agreeing to fight guys that are washed up or past thier prime! That undefeated record ain't shiet! He will never be known as the fighter that won 8 title belts in 8 DIFFERENT WEIGHT CLASSES!!!! Manny says it after every fight.... He is not scared of anyone...

[ Edited by RYPTOUT on Nov 16, 2010 at 13:25:07 ]
I put on the fight on my computer so I could watch as I ran on my treadmill, thinking it would fire me up while I ran.......... f**k!!!!!! But I got winded when they got to Nelly's performance!!!!
Originally posted by HaiGuise:
I put on the fight on my computer so I could watch as I ran on my treadmill, thinking it would fire me up while I ran.......... f**k!!!!!! But I got winded when they got to Nelly's performance!!!!

lmao..

still can't believe they had nelly on there

i was like "are you serious?"
Originally posted by bayarealuv:

lmao..

I should have fast forwarded it prior to the run, but I forgot there was some pre-hype talk and then the three national anthems. I put the speed up after the anthems thinking I was gonna finally hear the pre-fight entry songs for Margarito and Pac Man, but nooooooooooooooooooooo...... f**king Nelly came on! lol

lmao..

Tell me about it. it was like I was back in junior high.

lmao..

Ondele, Ondele mami, E-Ya, E-Ya

LMAO! That was the most ridiculous pre-what ever show I have ever scene...

I mean before a fricken boxing match?... since when did they think that people are interested in a pre-show... for boxing... THIS AINT THE SUPERBOWL... WTF!

AND NELLY?... OH C'MON! NELLY?... PFFT... WHO THE HELL AUTHORIZED THAT! FIRED!
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:

I mean before a fricken boxing match?... since when did they think that people are interested in a pre-show... for boxing... THIS AINT THE SUPERBOWL... WTF!

As much as I disliked all the festivities prior to the bout, I have to admit, hearing all the guys over the age of 30 asking me who the hell is this guy and hearing all the "back in my day" stories were f'in hilarious!
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
are you saying that pacquiao's style wouldn't give problems to mayweather?

i'm just trying to get some insight on why ya'll think this would be a cakewalk for manny when he's a proven cherrypicker and hasn't faced anything remotely resembling mayweather.
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Pac and Marquez had a war and it's not like Pac got utterly dominated. Both fighters went back and forth. What's funny is the way that you like to discredit Pac's wins. Then when we bring up Mayweather chances, you get offended by it.

Pacquiao will be remembered as a great fighter that continued to move up in weight and dominate his opponents. Mayweather will be remembered as the undefeated king that ducked a mega fight with Pac. And I'm not the only one that feels that way.

what's funny is you make no valid counter-arguements

i'm not even saying mayweather will beat pacquiao... though if i had to pick one i'd pick mayweather... all i'm trying to do is gage some insight as to why you think pac would mop the floor with mayweather when he hasn't faced anyone like him and the one that remotely does what mayweather does took pac thru hell and back.

also when did i get offended?
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:
Originally posted by RYPTOUT:

As much as I disliked all the festivities prior to the bout, I have to admit, hearing all the guys over the age of 30 asking me who the hell is this guy and hearing all the "back in my day" stories were f'in hilarious!
''back in the day,'' my dad bumped Nelly.

Alot of grown folks actually liked Nelly, in which I of course said, eff that.

But that ''Hot in here,'' was a banger lol ...''back in the day.''
Share 49ersWebzone