There are 152 users in the forums

2012 PAC 12 Champion Stanford Cardinal Football/ Rose Bowl Thread

Cardinal +7 @ Oregon.

I pray for an upset. Funny thing is that I will definitely be more upset if Stanford loses than if the 49ers lose.
Originally posted by AXEGRINDER:
Cardinal +7 @ Oregon.

I pray for an upset. Funny thing is that I will definitely be more upset if Stanford loses than if the 49ers lose.

That's because they're playing fire good right now. And well, the 49ers... well...
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
Cardinal +7 @ Oregon.

That's because they're playing fire good right now. And well, the 49ers... well...

Stanford is just the team to bring Oregon back to earth. Because if they don't, Oregon will go undefeated.

If Stanford wins, they could conceivably go undefeated.

Huge f**king game.
Cardinal +7 @ Oregon.

Stanford is just the team to bring Oregon back to earth. Because if they don't, Oregon will go undefeated.

Huge f**king game.

Bring us back to earth huh? Our offense is that good man, I don't know what your talking about. All I got to say is good luck to Stanford trying to run their offense in Autzen stadium, it ain't easy.

Kinda mixed feelings about this game though since I grew up a Stanford football fan and have been to at least 50 since I was like 5 years old

But one thing for sure is that I'll be at the game screaming my lungs out for my ducks
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Cardinal +7 @ Oregon.

Huge f**king game.

Bring us back to earth huh? Our offense is that good man, I don't know what your talking about. All I got to say is good luck to Stanford trying to run their offense in Autzen stadium, it ain't easy.

Kinda mixed feelings about this game though since I grew up a Stanford football fan and have been to at least 50 since I was like 5 years old

But one thing for sure is that I'll be at the game screaming my lungs out for my ducks

Relax I wasn't smacktalking. I respect Oregon. Alls I was saying was that Stanford has a really good defense. Stanford is the toughest game IMO on Oregon's schedule. Just because Oregon whoops on everyone else doesn't mean they're going to do it against the Cardinal, I don't care how loud you scream.

Both our schedules are soft, even you have to admit that.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Sep 29, 2010 at 4:15 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Cardinal +7 @ Oregon.

Huge f**king game.

Stanford BABY!!!!

Go Cards!!

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Cardinal +7 @ Oregon.

Huge f**king game.

why is that so hard to believe? trippin. Name someone on the schedule besides Oregon that's better right now.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Sep 30, 2010 at 4:53 PM ]
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Cardinal +7 @ Oregon.

Huge f**king game.

why is that so hard to believe? trippin. Name someone on the schedule besides Oregon that's better right now.

I'm not tripping. You are playing at Oregon this week - followed by USC next week. Not going to win both games - in fact - chances are you guys are going to lose both games.

You guys have yet to play Arizona, who I think is a better team, you guys are ranked a little higher, but Arizona is playing amazing D and their offense is pretty good.

Then, you guys play at CAL - yes, you guys have a better team this year, but when you have a rivalry like that - rankings don't matter. It doesn't matter who has a better team - it's usually tough to win an away game.

So, it is highly unlikely you guys will go un-deafeated. Too many tough games to come - in fact - you guys haven't played any tough games yet.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
Waiting 4 games in to make a thread about a team? What is is this the new USC frontrunner team?

Cardinal +7 @ Oregon.

Huge f**king game.

I'm not tripping. You are playing at Oregon this week - followed by USC next week. Not going to win both games - in fact - chances are you guys are going to lose both games.

You guys have yet to play Arizona, who I think is a better team, you guys are ranked a little higher, but Arizona is playing amazing D and their offense is pretty good.

Then, you guys play at CAL - yes, you guys have a better team this year, but when you have a rivalry like that - rankings don't matter. It doesn't matter who has a better team - it's usually tough to win an away game.

So, it is highly unlikely you guys will go un-deafeated. Too many tough games to come - in fact - you guys haven't played any tough games yet.

I didn't say we would go undefeated, I said it was conceivable. The more I think about it this late in the week, I don't think we'll beat Oregon, despite the handicappers mostly picking Stanford to cover. Too tough a venue. Our power game vs. their speed.

However unlikely if we do pull off a win then the rest of what you said is subjective because Oregon is better than anyone left on our schedule including Arizona.

As far as the Big Game goes Cal came into Stanford and won last year so you don't think the reverse can happen this year? 2009 Bears>2009 Cardinal>2010 Bears.

Ducks, Wildcats, Beavers are our toughest games. Trojans will lose. We have better coaching, better QB, better defense. A 10-2 record may be likely, but who knows if they get lucky in a couple of those games????????? Until they lose obviously I'm gonna root for it. I've been to over 100 Stanford games since I was a kid and this team is the one better ones top to bottom that I've seen. Who cares if they beat teams they shoulda beat so far. You can't tell me you know how good this team is until they actually lose a game.
[ Edited by AXEGRINDER on Oct 1, 2010 at 3:21 PM ]
Cardinal +7 @ Oregon.

Huge f**king game.

I didn't say we would go undefeated, I said it was conceivable. The more I think about it this late in the week, I don't think we'll beat Oregon, despite the handicappers mostly picking Stanford to cover. Too tough a venue. Our power game vs. their speed.

However unlikely if we do pull off a win then the rest of what you said is subjective because Oregon is better than anyone left on our schedule including Arizona.

As far as the Big Game goes Cal came into Stanford and won last year so you don't think the reverse can happen this year? 2009 Bears>2009 Cardinal>2010 Bears.

Ducks, Wildcats, Beavers are our toughest games. Trojans will lose. We have better coaching, better QB, better defense. A 10-2 record may be likely, but who knows if they get lucky in a couple of those games????????? Until they lose obviously I'm gonna root for it. I've been to over 100 Stanford games since I was a kid and this team is the one better ones top to bottom that I've seen. Who cares if they beat teams they shoulda beat so far. You can't tell me you know how good this team is until they actually lose a game.

You guys will go 10-2, and possible 11-1 Lose to Oregon, beat USC, beat Arizona and possibly lose to Oregon State. You guys are hands down the 2nd best team in the PAC10.

but for reals.... you guys got me freaking out about tomorrow night. Big, strong and physical teams are our cryptonite. I do not think this game is going to be a blowout either way whoever wins. The only thing that is making me hopeful is that we are playing at home and we NEVER lose at home. It is extremely tough for opposing offenses to come into Autzen and do well because the stadium was actually built to be louder on the field. Our fans are riled up for this game and we will not be quiet. This will be an environment that Luck has never even seen before and he will make some mistakes, guaranteed.

Either way gonna be a good game, im excited
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:
Cardinal +7 @ Oregon.

Huge f**king game.

You guys will go 10-2, and possible 11-1 Lose to Oregon, beat USC, beat Arizona and possibly lose to Oregon State. You guys are hands down the 2nd best team in the PAC10.

but for reals.... you guys got me freaking out about tomorrow night. Big, strong and physical teams are our cryptonite. I do not think this game is going to be a blowout either way whoever wins. The only thing that is making me hopeful is that we are playing at home and we NEVER lose at home. It is extremely tough for opposing offenses to come into Autzen and do well because the stadium was actually built to be louder on the field. Our fans are riled up for this game and we will not be quiet. This will be an environment that Luck has never even seen before and he will make some mistakes, guaranteed.

Either way gonna be a good game, im excited

it'll be close.......may the better team win
Big first down there. Takes off a little pressure. The game plan is short and sweet for the Cardinal.
[ Edited by chico49erfan on Oct 2, 2010 at 5:27 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone