There are 169 users in the forums

2011 - 2012 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by j3xperience:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Use the amnesty on David Lee!!!!!

If we did use that, Udoh would need to be a full time starter and then what? Udoh is a better body off the bench to give us energy. I would amnesty Lee only if we had a backup plan to get someone equal or better. I hear Milsap and Jefferson are on the trading block but not sure if they fit.

Addition by subtraction my friend. Lee is not a good PF, and his contract makes him even less appealing. Get rid of him now!!

If we did use that, Udoh would need to be a full time starter and then what? Udoh is a better body off the bench to give us energy. I would amnesty Lee only if we had a backup plan to get someone equal or better. I hear Milsap and Jefferson are on the trading block but not sure if they fit.

Addition by subtraction my friend. Lee is not a good PF, and his contract makes him even less appealing. Get rid of him now!!

Still wouldn't matter since we're a poor team. Still have to pay the dude, it's only wiped from the salary cap numbers if I read it correctly.
are we already 4.5 games back?

Much rather get rid of Beans. At least Lee is a good player on the floor and would be an excellent PF if he had a legitimate center to play next too.

Beans is just an inanimate object that takes up space on the floor. And oh yeah we owe him $27 million over the next 3 years?!?!?!?
Originally posted by OregonDuckNiner:

Much rather get rid of Beans. At least Lee is a good player on the floor and would be an excellent PF if he had a legitimate center to play next too.

Beans is just an inanimate object that takes up space on the floor. And oh yeah we owe him $27 million over the next 3 years?!?!?!?

I'll take 3/$27 for a terrible player over the 5/$70 or whatever Lee is owed. Although Andris is horrible, his contract isnt nearly as bad.

And I disagree that Lee is a good player on the floor. The fact that people seem to say that Lee would be good it ____ played along side him just shows that he, himself, is not a good player.

He is barely (if at all) a top 20 PF, and he is being paid like an elite player.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Nov 29, 2011 at 3:17 PM ]

I'll take 3/$27 for a terrible player over the 5/$70 or whatever Lee is owed. Although Andris is horrible, his contract isnt nearly as bad.

And I disagree that Lee is a good player on the floor. The fact that people seem to say that Lee would be good it ____ played along side him just shows that he, himself, is not a good player.

He is barely (if at all) a top 20 PF, and he is being paid like an elite player.

lol, so you dont know football or basketball....
Originally posted by ItsKapTime:

Seriously...to say that David Lee is NOT a good player is laughable.

I didn't say good, I said he would be excellent. He's already a good PF and if he was able to concentrate on crashing the boards with a legitimate defensive center playing next to him, Lee would be putting up 20/10 numbers every single night.

And I can't tell if you're serious about leaving him out of the top-20 centers in the NBA
You guys can laugh all you want, but not one of you has listed a single reason why he is good or worth the money he gets. My problems with him? Heres the list:

-One of the worst defensive players in the NBA. Whoever he guards scores at will against him. Not just elite PFs. Every PF.

-For a player who is supposed to be a rebounding machine, you would think that the Warriors as a whole would be a better rebounding team with him on the court right? Well statistics tell otherwise. The Warriors are a better rebounding team with him on the bench. That is a FACT.

-He has a very limited skill set when it comes to post play.

So there you have it. That is why I think he is garbage. And yes, I stand by my statement that he is barely a top 20 PF in the NBA, if at all.

Its nice to know I have an admirer. But just for the hell of it, since you know so much apparently.....why dont you tell me why David Lee is so good. Please.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Nov 29, 2011 at 5:05 PM ]
Just for fun, here is my list (in no order) of Power Forwards that are better than David Lee. Feel free to ridicule, comment, whatever:

1. Pau Gasol
2. Josh Smith
3. Zach Randolph
4, Kevin Love
5. Amare Stoudamire
6. Chris Bosh
7. LaMarcus Aldridge
8. Tim Duncan
9. Blake Griffin
10. Dirk Nowitzki
11. Gerald Wallace
12. Serge Ibaka
13. Kevin Garnett
14. David West
15. Carlos Boozer
16. Paul Milsap
17. Lamar Odom
18. Al Jefferson
19. Luis Scola
20. Andray Blatche

Theres 20 for you. And I didnt even count the combo SF/PFs that I would rather have than Lee (such as Carmelo Anthony, Rudy Gay, Danny Granger, Lebron, etc.)

At the VERY least, David Lee is in the bottom half of PFs in the NBA. Period.
[ Edited by 80sbaby24 on Nov 29, 2011 at 5:17 PM ]

You guys can laugh all you want, but not one of you has listed a single reason why he is good or worth the money he gets. My problems with him? Heres the list:

-One of the worst defensive players in the NBA. Whoever he guards scores at will against him. Not just elite PFs. Every PF.

-For a player who is supposed to be a rebounding machine, you would think that the Warriors as a whole would be a better rebounding team with him on the court right? Well statistics tell otherwise. The Warriors are a better rebounding team with him on the bench. That is a FACT.

-He has a very limited skill set when it comes to post play.

So there you have it. That is why I think he is garbage. And yes, I stand by my statement that he is barely a top 20 PF in the NBA, if at all.

Its nice to know I have an admirer. But just for the hell of it, since you know so much apparently.....why dont you tell me why David Lee is so good. Please.

I never said hes "so good". But its just very very stupid that you would rather have useless ass Beidrins and his contract over Lee on our team. I mean seriously, Beidrins is good for nothing, fool cant even make a damn free throw if his life depended on it

Lee isnt a great defensive player but is very good on offense, having a decent center would easily up his game.

Lee: 17 ppg 10 RPG and a good passer for a big man
Beans: 5 ppg 7 RPG and cant make a damn free throw for his life, could and was benched in favor of Ekpe udoh.

All im saying is if you're going to overpay for one of them, keep the one thats usefull and more important to our team.

We all know Lee is overpayed but seriously, Beidrins is the easy choice for amnesty. fool sucks .
I never said hes "so good". But its just very very stupid that you would rather have useless ass Beidrins and his contract over Lee on our team. I mean seriously, Beidrins is good for nothing, fool cant even make a damn free throw if his life depended on it

Lee isnt a great defensive player but is very good on offense, having a decent center would easily up his game.

Lee: 17 ppg 10 RPG and a good passer for a big man
Beans: 5 ppg 7 RPG and cant make a damn free throw for his life, could and was benched in favor of Ekpe udoh.

All im saying is if you're going to overpay for one of them, keep the one thats usefull and more important to our team.

We all know Lee is overpayed but seriously, Beidrins is the easy choice for amnesty. fool sucks .

I do agree that Lee is better than Biedrins, but ultimately he will be gone soon enough. we are stuck with Lee for a while. While on the surface Lee may be better than Andris, using the amnesty on Lee gives the team better cap flexibilty, which is better for the team in the long run.
Can we please... Please have anew thread for this? Going to post 406 for new news is f**king stupid and almost making me not Want to post here
  • BROWN
  • Veteran
Cut Bell, sign a big to play next to Lee (Chandler/Dalembert/Jordan), and everyone will improve.

Try to bid for Roy, add some G depth..
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
The amnesty does not expire. Which means we should wait it out and see whether or not David Lee rebounds from his atrocious year last year.

In fact, I realized that the Warriors would be smart to just wait it out with the amnesty clause.

See who is worse at the end of the year...Biedrins or David Lee. And use the amnesty on one of them.

I'm not sure David Lee is a starting caliber power forward on a playoff team. I tried to convince myself when we obtained him that he would provide enough value on offense and rebounding to offset his weaknesses on defense. But David Lee has not done that.

The thought of having to pay David Lee $15.5 million in 2016 is very scary.
Share 49ersWebzone