LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 283 users in the forums

2011 - 2012 Golden State Warriors Thread.

Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The only thing that I can think of regarding Biedrins is that the Dubs have decided that they don't want to participate in this year's free agent market. Every team now has to spend at least 85% of the salary cap (goes up to 90% next year), so maybe Lacob & Co. figure that Biedrins helps them get to that mark and they can save the amnesty for later.

I have to believe that if Lacob thought the Warriors could get Nene they would let Biedrins walk in a hearbeat. I dont think they have any confidence that they could sign Nene and have little interest in the other big men out there. I'd still cut him though and take my chances in free agency.
come on this is the same management that spent $2 mil to pick up Jeremy Tyler in the draft this past year. I don't think money is gonna be an issue with these 2 owners
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
The only thing that I can think of regarding Biedrins is that the Dubs have decided that they don't want to participate in this year's free agent market. Every team now has to spend at least 85% of the salary cap (goes up to 90% next year), so maybe Lacob & Co. figure that Biedrins helps them get to that mark and they can save the amnesty for later.

This is 95% likely.

I don't think this team will get anyone in free agency to play center, and sadly they still are forced to trot Biedrins out there.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
I have to believe that if Lacob thought the Warriors could get Nene they would let Biedrins walk in a hearbeat. I dont think they have any confidence that they could sign Nene and have little interest in the other big men out there. I'd still cut him though and take my chances in free agency.

Honestly, I think that free agency is generally an overvalued market, and that's how you get yourself into trouble. Nene's a good player, but the simple fact that he'll have several teams bidding for his services virtually guarantees that he'll be overpaid. It's the same thing that happened with David Lee. Is he a good player? Yes. $13M a year kinda good? No.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Lacob is like a kid before Christmas according to Ric Bucher. I don't know if he'll be able to help himself. Nene, DeAndre Jordan, he might overbid for them.
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Do the Warriors have the worst beat writers in the league? Steinmentz thinks Biedirns is better than Nene.
Originally posted by crzy:
Lacob is like a kid before Christmas according to Ric Bucher. I don't know if he'll be able to help himself. Nene, DeAndre Jordan, he might overbid for them.

How much would DeAndre cost? over 10 mil/yr??
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Jordan is a restricted free agent, Clips can match any offer. Under the new CBA they only have 3 days to match instead of 7 days.
[ Edited by Hopper on Nov 28, 2011 at 8:00 AM ]
Steinmentz IS pretty bad
Damn, I'd love Nene on our team.

• DRnSFw
  • BlessUp
LOLWUT

there is gonna be a NBA season after all?
LEGGGoOoOOoOOO

Originally posted by SF69ers:

Nene is a perfect fit for our team and we're not going to make any effort to get him because we have beans...
Originally posted by YungAce:
Originally posted by SF69ers:

Nene is a perfect fit for our team and we're not going to make any effort to get him because we have beans...

We will easily go below .500 if Beidrins is still our starting center.

Curry/
Monta/Thompson
Wright/Thompson
Lee/Udoh
Nene/Udoh

Championship?
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Nene's health is a serious concern.
Share 49ersWebzone