Originally posted by bigmur49:
One reply? Well I guess that answers my question as to whether anyone cares or not!
The skill level on the field is what it is, but the 3 down structure just doesn't appeal to me. I prefer the long grinding drives in the NFL and believe that's the way the game's supposed to be played. To me there's nothing better than seeing a well executed running attack and the 3 down structure simply doesn't allow for sustained drives where the running game is prominent. Draws and shovels seem to be the only remnants of a running game (which I'm cool with) but the offense is 1 tiny error away from punting on every single possession and that's where I lose interest. A little too much pass, pass, punt for this boy
Not a big fan of seeing the defense just pass defend 80% of the time either. Not that the pass/run ratio is 80/20 (I dunno, maybe it is), but it sure seems like the D is sitting on pass 80/20 judging by how many draws actually go for 1st downs lol! They really don't defend the pass very well either imo...'mind you it's hard as hell to jam a receiver that's allowed to take a 10 or 20 yard run at you LOL! They might as well pay me to play corner AND I'M WHITE

Seems to me it's the mistakes that the offense makes that gets the defense off the field a lot of the time. I understand the sticking point of execution but why should the D get a break they didn't earn?
The special teams play is alright but the punters suck something awful and that's where I draw the line

I came to see me some punting