LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 281 users in the forums

Who wins tonight? Fedor vs. Werdum

Who wins tonight? Fedor vs. Werdum

• bricklusnar
  • Info N/A
Fedor puts his pretty much unbeaten streak on the line tonight against Jiu-Jitsu master, Fabricio Werdum. The last time Fedor fought a Jiu-Jitsu practitioner on the level of Werdum was Big Nog back in Pride for the Pride HW championship. The last time Fedor lost a fought was on a technicality back in December 2000 because a cut he suffered from an illegal blow was too big to stop the bleeding.

Fedor (left) vs. Werdum:

• NickV
  • Veteran
I wanna see this fight. I'm gonna try to sneak into the tank.
werdum
Will it be on TV? PPV?
I told yall mofos
wow lol
Fedor is gonna kick that dudes ass...
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
I just watched this fight. man, Fedor is like my favorite athlete in the world (niners are my team, don't get me wrong, but as far as individual athlete, Fedor is my fav). from a fan perspective, this is devastating. I can't believe he lost like that, in the first 30 seconds or something. he didn't watch enough game tape on Werdum I guess. When he got out of that arm bar, he should have gotten up instead of going back in. damn.
Originally posted by Shaj:
I just watched this fight. man, Fedor is like my favorite athlete in the world (niners are my team, don't get me wrong, but as far as individual athlete, Fedor is my fav). from a fan perspective, this is devastating. I can't believe he lost like that, in the first 30 seconds or something. he didn't watch enough game tape on Werdum I guess. When he got out of that arm bar, he should have gotten up instead of going back in. damn.

Werdum was knocked out for about a second, then his instincts and training kicked in and threw the triangle.

Fedor's pist, though and is looking for vengence in a rematch.

lol Werdum doesn't want to fight Fedor for at least another 8 months!

• Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by TonyStarks:

Werdum was knocked out for about a second, then his instincts and training kicked in and threw the triangle.

Fedor's pist, though and is looking for vengence in a rematch.

lol Werdum doesn't want to fight Fedor for at least another 8 months!

funny pic, lol I think Fedor has gotten too used to knocking people out with his unbelievably powerful punches and maybe he got too confident or his ground game has regressed as a result. I'm really down about it, from a fan perspective. but both of them were very gracious. Fedor was extremely humble about the loss, and Verdum called Fedor "the best in the world" after the win. two classy guys.

I too was shocked. But came away with more respect for Fedor. This loss just might put him into the UFC, or at least on the edge.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
I too was shocked. But came away with more respect for Fedor. This loss just might put him into the UFC, or at least on the edge.

what does that mean? He said he had "one more fight, for which he would come to America". It made it sound like he's doing a swan song fight here and then he's done, which had me worried. I love watching this guy fight! He's the Muhammad Ali of MMA (only much more humble).
Originally posted by ninerlifer:

what does that mean? He said he had "one more fight, for which he would come to America". It made it sound like he's doing a swan song fight here and then he's done, which had me worried. I love watching this guy fight! He's the Muhammad Ali of MMA (only much more humble).

Just that a loss like that would have him searching, or maybe Dana White will use that loss for Fedor to come to UFC. Thats all. If I was White I would definetly use this loss to the UFC's advantage. To get him to come for a superfight with the winner of tomorrow night no?
Fedor.
  • Shemp
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by pantstickle:
Fedor.

is this a joke? the fight happened almost a week ago.
Share 49ersWebzone