LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 271 users in the forums

The Back-to-Back NBA Champion LA Lakers Offseason Thread

im bout to cry

y can't the niners be this great
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Game 7 on NBATV right now!!! I just turned it on and there's 11 left in the game. Lakers down 2.

That still makes me queasy. I've probably watched it 20 times now.
I'll give you one guess as to which Laker gave us this awesome tangent.

Quote:
We're hungry. I know I am, as much as anybody else is. And you know Kobe is. Kobe's after something, I don't even know what it is. I think he's after stardom on Pluto or something. Pluto's not even a planet no more, which I'm very disturbed about. I grew up when Pluto was a planet. Now, I'm 25, I turn around and Pluto's no longer a planet. I'm going to elbow that guy in the nose. I love Pluto. Everybody loves Pluto. There's a dog named Pluto in the cartoons. I don't know how we got on that subject. We've got to see if we can get Pluto back."
Originally posted by LA9erFan:

Quote:
We're hungry. I know I am, as much as anybody else is. And you know Kobe is. Kobe's after something, I don't even know what it is. I think he's after stardom on Pluto or something. Pluto's not even a planet no more, which I'm very disturbed about. I grew up when Pluto was a planet. Now, I'm 25, I turn around and Pluto's no longer a planet. I'm going to elbow that guy in the nose. I love Pluto. Everybody loves Pluto. There's a dog named Pluto in the cartoons. I don't know how we got on that subject. We've got to see if we can get Pluto back."

and now they got something called dwarf planets. WTF is that? And how can a whole planet be a dwarf...what does that make me?
Originally posted by danimal:

Quote:

and now they got something called dwarf planets. WTF is that? And how can a whole planet be a dwarf...what does that make me?

Quote:

My wife just emailed me the exact same quote and she wrote "I think he has some kind of mental illness"
  • titan
  • Veteran
^^^That dude is a clown! I bet it's a trip to hang around him. I bet he is an awesome team mate!

Quote:

lol, hilarious HOWEVER, anyone notice that Ron referred to himself as 25 years old? I actually was contemplating that some other player said this simply because the "I'm 25" s**t caught me off guard and well, I didnt think Ron would get his own age off by 5+ years lol
Originally posted by GameOver:

Quote:

lol, hilarious HOWEVER, anyone notice that Ron referred to himself as 25 years old? I actually was contemplating that some other player said this simply because the "I'm 25" s**t caught me off guard and well, I didnt think Ron would get his own age off by 5+ years lol

Haha, I think he was using "historical present" tense, when you narrate a past event using present tense.

But then again it is Ron.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Random Ron....that's what I've started calling him.

He enjoys the adulation, everyone thinks it's cute when you're winnning.

I'm happy for him, (and I'm happy for us).

Originally posted by valrod33:

Quote:

My wife just emailed me the exact same quote and she wrote "I think he has some kind of mental illness"

He does talk like a hobo sometimes.
Originally posted by kray28:
Random Ron....that's what I've started calling him.

He enjoys the adulation, everyone thinks it's cute when you're winnning.

I'm happy for him, (and I'm happy for us).

Yeah, I'd be a lot less amused if we didn't win the title, that's for sure.

But it's not like Ron was just along for the ride. When everything was on the line, he came through.
Jack Ramsay on Kobe...

Quote:
"I rate him the best finisher of all-time, not just for the one last shot--for which Michael Jordan was understandably famous and well-recognized--but he'll make consecutive shots. He will make the shots that bring you back into a game and then will continue to knock down shots until the game is won. I have never seen anybody like Kobe Bryant in that regard."
Share 49ersWebzone