LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 256 users in the forums

Is Stephen Strasburg really the next Nolan Ryan?

Is Stephen Strasburg really the next Nolan Ryan?

7 strikeouts already. His 96 mph fastball/slider thing is insane. It just hooks to the right right before the plate. f**king nasty stuff. I like how he was getting a little shaken, the catcher comes out and he gasses the next two batters. Good poise. This kid is the real deal.
Well that was really impressive after getting into a jam.
There is no doubt in my mind that he has the best stuff in baseball right now. Jiminez is the only pitcher that is close but he doesnt have the big curve that Strasburg has.
95-97 mph CURVEBALLS!

Insanity
But.... some in this thread (such as a Braves fan) think he will be a bust.
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:

he will
Originally posted by valrod33:

he will

You should just stop. You look foolish everytime you post

he will

why cuz i dont agree with you? Im sorry its gonna take more than a couple of starts for me to crown this guy. He has awesome stuff but i wanna see him do it in the majors for the rest of the year not just a few starts against the pirates and the indians

he will

why cuz i dont agree with you? Im sorry its gonna take more than a couple of starts for me to crown this guy. He has awesome stuff but i wanna see him do it in the majors for the rest of the year not just a few starts against the pirates and the indians

I agree the kid is most likely the real deal but I wanna see him up against some real competition.

he will

No. Because anyone who has 2 eyes and a little bit of baseball knowledge should be able to see potential greatness and not someone who is a bust player.

he will

LOL. I'd like to see Troy Glaus and the rest of your Braves against him. Heyward might go for the hat trick once again.

he will

LOL. I'd like to see Troy Glaus and the rest of your Braves against him. Heyward might go for the hat trick once again.

the way that dumbass is playing right now i wouldnt be surprised
8 SO's though 6 innings on 79 pitches? Is that all??
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

LOL Well not too bad I guess. Not as dominating today as first time out but pretty fair.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:

LOL Well not too bad I guess. Not as dominating today as first time out but pretty fair.

Plus he had to deal with a s**tty mound. I think that threw him off a lot in this inning.
Share 49ersWebzone