LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 175 users in the forums

2010 Mexico's National Soccer Team

Originally posted by 1251alex:
Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
Mexico needs to keep their composure against Argentina. Hopefully no stupid red cards by either team. I will be happy as long as Mexico plays their best game even in defeat. There is no shame in losing to Argentina in the round of 16.

nothing beats thinking youre gonna lose a match before even playing it.

Hahaha, I'm not saying we are going to lose. I'm saying their is no shame losing to Argentina if you play your best possible game. All hood though, viva Mexico cabrones!

we're not gonna lose. book it.

Yeah buddy! Frickin' Skip Bayless vernacular.
At times i like betting against teams i root for. The way i see it, i would gladly pay 20 bucks for Mexico to win (seems that way if i bet against them). However if they lose, i at least get to come up on Mexico somehow.

Make sense?

That being said, I will never bet against the niners.
Originally posted by SolRebe1:
At times i like betting against teams i root for. The way i see it, i would gladly pay 20 bucks for Mexico to win (seems that way if i bet against them). However if they lose, i at least get to come up on Mexico somehow.

Make sense?

YOU LIE
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by SolRebe1:

Make sense?

YOU LIE

dudes probably been making bank the past 8 years on the niners alone.
Chicharito needs to staaaaaaarrrrtttttt!!!! Dude's awesome on break aways, and that's the effin' problem! Guille misses every damn easy opportunity created from breakaways.... and once we fall behind, and chicharito comes in late in the game, those opportunities created for guille don't exist for chicharito because by that time the other team falls back to protect their lead. Lets face it, unless your name is Messi, it's very hard for most players to do anything in tight spaces. Aggghhhhh Aguirre pisses me off!!!
Originally posted by vrabbit:
assuming Argentina does finish 1st in their group it'll be Argentina-Mexico on Sunday morning.

Do I think y'all have a shot? Yes, but Aguirre needs to get his head out of his ass.

I'll give him this: the Conejo choice at GK hasn't looked bad, Conejo has looked good back there and hasn't had the blunder we all expected him to have. Ochoa is definitely better, but after 3 games there isn't many negative things that you can say about Conejo.

Now, I could talk about what lineup Mexico should have had in these past games, but that will take forever, instead I'll focus on how I think you guys can beat Argentina.

maximize your offense, most specifically its speed

Argentina's weakness is clearly their back four, and Mexico's speed on offense can definitely create serious problems for them. It's clear Aguirre likes to run a 4-3-2-1, with the wing backs occasionally coming up, a very defensive midfield (Torrado, Marquez, Juarez) 2 wingers that can attack in open space and create those upbeat opportunities (Dos Santos, Vela) and one centre-forward (Guille).

Dos Santos is a stud, he moves from the right wing to the left and viceversa and is effective on both sides. The offense needs to go thru him a lot more. If Vela is fit to play Sunday he should undoubtedly be the 2nd winger, but if he's a no-go I'd put Guardado at that spot (over Barrera/Blanco/Medina), he can be effective there, is a good match-up vs Argentina's D, has the experience, I think he can more effective than any of the other players I mentioned. If not he needs to come in at LM (pick your poison as far as which MID or DEF comes out) IMHO he would really make a difference IN THIS GAME, more than in any other game Mexico has played so far.

Obviously Chicharito needs to start over Guille, what else does the kid need to do? His chemestry with Dos Santos (and with Vela/Barrera) is so obvious on the field.

Guille could come in as a late sub (or not at all) Blanco is a much better choice to come in for the last 25 mins or so and see if he can work some magic. I'd even play Bautista as a late sub over Guille, I've seen enough of him.

Mexico needs to put the pressure on Argentina from the get-go, show them no respect, drive them crazy on the wings with Dos Santos and Vela/Guardado and win the ball in the midfield. A crazy part of me would put Juarez as a floater whose only job would be to follow Messi around and keep him away from the ball the whole game. But that's awfully risky .

You guys can win the game, but you will need to bring that top game you bring against top teams (which I'm sure you'll bring) and be the aggressors on this one. While you have the weapons for a killer counter attack, allowing Argentina to have possession is as close to suicide as it gets.

Just my .02

I also want to see us dominate possesion and not let them get in sync eith their passes.
You can tell the difference when Chicharito is in the game in the way mexico attacks and creates more opportunities because chicharito looks to get open and has the ability to stop the ball and pass it, something Franco can't do. He is like a black hole.

It would be extremely benificial for Mexico to play Chicharito with Vela and Dos Santos because they complement each other and most importantly they can all create space for each other.

Mexico defensive weakness lies IMO in the air attack and in the through balls because our outside backers go up often leaving holes in the defense for the counter attack and Argentina could destroy us like that.

Also Bravo Vrabbit. Nice write up.
im going to say this now.
if Mexico makes the first goal. Mexico will win.
Mexico needs to keep their composure against Argentina. Hopefully no stupid red cards by either team. I will be happy as long as Mexico plays their best game even in defeat. There is no shame in losing to Argentina in the round of 16.

Hahaha, I'm not saying we are going to lose. I'm saying their is no shame losing to Argentina if you play your best possible game. All hood though, viva Mexico cabrones!

i 2nd this. i am feelin it
Originally posted by babyshaq90:

i 2nd this. i am feelin it

X3 I think we are better equiped to beat Argentina.

Originally posted by SFCH3DDERZ:
im going to say this now.
if Mexico makes the first goal. Mexico will win.

Not saying this is true, but this would be SO SO SO important. The reason why I'm not here talking s**t posting photoshoped pictures of god with messi's face (ok I wouldn't do that, it's a metaphor people!) is because Argentina really has not been challenged. I mean I give them credit though, they've done something many other teams have not been able to do: take care of the teams they need to take care of. They were superior than everyone in their group, and they showed it on the scoreboard. England, Italy, Spain, and even Mexico themselves were not able to do this.

But back to your point, Argentina has yet to play behind in the tournament, they don't know what it's like and it'd be interesting to see how they react to being down early in an elimination game.

Scoring first would be HUGE.
Has Aguirre explained himself as to why Chicharito didn't start!!!!!!!!
Originally posted by Niner3030:

Yes he has.
Originally posted by rigs49:

Yes he has.

What did he say!!!!
Originally posted by rigs49:

Yes he has.

What did he say!!!!

Him and Franco have gay butt sex with each other.
Share 49ersWebzone