LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 306 users in the forums

2010 Mexico's National Soccer Team

go mexico! we have to absolutely win this s**t.
well i've learned to like mexico since they beat france who i despise

go mexico and s. africa
Originally posted by 1251alex:
go mexico! we have to absolutely win this s**t.

We should have no problem althou I think this is going to be the toughest game yet. Vamos Mexico! Si se puede!
Buenos dias.... VAMOS MEXICO!!!
F@ck!
Why is Cuauh in from the start?!?

And enough with Guille... fack!
guille and franco up top was a dissaster.hopefully aguire gets his head out of his ars. and starts javier. hes our only chance to compete with the argies.
assuming Argentina does finish 1st in their group it'll be Argentina-Mexico on Sunday morning.

Do I think y'all have a shot? Yes, but Aguirre needs to get his head out of his ass.

I'll give him this: the Conejo choice at GK hasn't looked bad, Conejo has looked good back there and hasn't had the blunder we all expected him to have. Ochoa is definitely better, but after 3 games there isn't many negative things that you can say about Conejo.

Now, I could talk about what lineup Mexico should have had in these past games, but that will take forever, instead I'll focus on how I think you guys can beat Argentina.

maximize your offense, most specifically its speed

Argentina's weakness is clearly their back four, and Mexico's speed on offense can definitely create serious problems for them. It's clear Aguirre likes to run a 4-3-2-1, with the wing backs occasionally coming up, a very defensive midfield (Torrado, Marquez, Juarez) 2 wingers that can attack in open space and create those upbeat opportunities (Dos Santos, Vela) and one centre-forward (Guille).

Dos Santos is a stud, he moves from the right wing to the left and viceversa and is effective on both sides. The offense needs to go thru him a lot more. If Vela is fit to play Sunday he should undoubtedly be the 2nd winger, but if he's a no-go I'd put Guardado at that spot (over Barrera/Blanco/Medina), he can be effective there, is a good match-up vs Argentina's D, has the experience, I think he can more effective than any of the other players I mentioned. If not he needs to come in at LM (pick your poison as far as which MID or DEF comes out) IMHO he would really make a difference IN THIS GAME, more than in any other game Mexico has played so far.

Obviously Chicharito needs to start over Guille, what else does the kid need to do? His chemestry with Dos Santos (and with Vela/Barrera) is so obvious on the field.

Guille could come in as a late sub (or not at all) Blanco is a much better choice to come in for the last 25 mins or so and see if he can work some magic. I'd even play Bautista as a late sub over Guille, I've seen enough of him.

Mexico needs to put the pressure on Argentina from the get-go, show them no respect, drive them crazy on the wings with Dos Santos and Vela/Guardado and win the ball in the midfield. A crazy part of me would put Juarez as a floater whose only job would be to follow Messi around and keep him away from the ball the whole game. But that's awfully risky .

You guys can win the game, but you will need to bring that top game you bring against top teams (which I'm sure you'll bring) and be the aggressors on this one. While you have the weapons for a killer counter attack, allowing Argentina to have possession is as close to suicide as it gets.

Just my .02
so basically play like you did against France except add Guardado. I agree with you vrabbit. The defensive mids need to apply the pressure like they did against France not giving them anytime to make plays.
Mexico needs to keep their composure against Argentina. Hopefully no stupid red cards by either team. I will be happy as long as Mexico plays their best game even in defeat. There is no shame in losing to Argentina in the round of 16.

Originally posted by SVcabron1980:
Mexico needs to keep their composure against Argentina. Hopefully no stupid red cards by either team. I will be happy as long as Mexico plays their best game even in defeat. There is no shame in losing to Argentina in the round of 16.

nothing beats thinking youre gonna lose a match before even playing it.

Hahaha, I'm not saying we are going to lose. I'm saying their is no shame losing to Argentina if you play your best possible game. All hood though, viva Mexico cabrones!

Hahaha, I'm not saying we are going to lose. I'm saying their is no shame losing to Argentina if you play your best possible game. All hood though, viva Mexico cabrones!

we're not gonna lose. book it.

I may get you to put some kinda bounty on this, maybe a handle change?
Originally posted by vrabbit:

I may get you to put some kinda bounty on this, maybe a handle change?

as long as you agree to change yours too if mexico wins. temporary til the football season starts.
Share 49ersWebzone