LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 220 users in the forums

The Soccer Thread 10/11

FC Barcelona against Arsenal. Two pretty good teams coming up today.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RogerCraig:

Can't wait for this game. Barca wins today 2-1
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:

My older son and I are ready to roll. Orange juice and fruit salad are being prepared

Just watching Lionel run up and down the pitch is a treat

Can't wait for this game. Barca wins today 4-0

Fixed

As for AC Milan, they could score 2 away and win, but the way they played yesterday combined with the probability of Bale being back in the line up will equal quite a harsh task to achieve.

Don't get me wrong, will still be rooting for Milan, but also remember how awful of a showing Milan displayed yesterday. If they play like they did yesterday up in White Lane, no chance they can win. They need to control the tempo and not let Tottenham dictate it for them
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crazy49er1313:

Fixed

As for AC Milan, they could score 2 away and win, but the way they played yesterday combined with the probability of Bale being back in the line up will equal quite a harsh task to achieve.

Don't get me wrong, will still be rooting for Milan, but also remember how awful of a showing Milan displayed yesterday. If they play like they did yesterday up in White Lane, no chance they can win. They need to control the tempo and not let Tottenham dictate it for them

I would love to win 4-0 today...but even a 2-1 win or even a 2-2 draw essentially puts Arsenal away.

I know Milan played terrible yesterday, but they can't play much worse than that. I think they will play much better in the second leg. They will need some luck of course, to win 2-1 - but they have the fire-power to do it. Robinho obviously can't perform the way he did yesterday in the 2nd leg.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

My older son and I are ready to roll. Orange juice and fruit salad are being prepared

Can't effing way. This is going to be such a fun game to watch.

I liked how Arsenal is saying they need to be physical - but they don't have the guys who can be real physical.

Fixed

I would love to win 4-0 today...but even a 2-1 win or even a 2-2 draw essentially puts Arsenal away.

I know Milan played terrible yesterday, but they can't play much worse than that. I think they will play much better in the second leg. They will need some luck of course, to win 2-1 - but they have the fire-power to do it. Robinho obviously can't perform the way he did yesterday in the 2nd leg.

As bad as Robinho played, I'm more upset at Ibra b/c he overcompensated for the fact Robinho was off his game. Seedorf was getting all these one on one looks, and Ibra was so off playing behind the box, when they'd get good crosses, Ibra was two or three steps behind....

They'll need to keep control of the ball and maintain a steady pace. Although Tottenham excels at the fast-paced game, their ability to play a slow-paced game is non-existent, leading to frustrations and possible holes on counter-attacks and cross-overs

I liked how Arsenal is saying they need to be physical - but they don't have the guys who can be real physical.

Oh, one important message:

VIVA BARÇA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......that is all
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Fixed

As bad as Robinho played, I'm more upset at Ibra b/c he overcompensated for the fact Robinho was off his game. Seedorf was getting all these one on one looks, and Ibra was so off playing behind the box, when they'd get good crosses, Ibra was two or three steps behind....

They'll need to keep control of the ball and maintain a steady pace. Although Tottenham excels at the fast-paced game, their ability to play a slow-paced game is non-existent, leading to frustrations and possible holes on counter-attacks and cross-overs

Yeah...I was upset with Robinho because he looked like he wasn't giving his 100%. But yea, they gotta slow the game down. They need to play their style.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

Oh, one important message:

VIVA BARÇA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

......that is all

Oh yeaaa! The time is driving me nuts!

• 4ML
  • Veteran
VILLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Wow...Messi gave the game away. How does he miss that goal? Oh well, we got an away goal - that's gonna be the important. But disappointed in Messi.
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chicharito:
I wouldn't be shocked if arsenal advances. But it would probably guantee cesc's move in the Summer. Arsen could probably get 60 mil for him.

Arsenal just gave up 4 goals to Newcastle in the 2nd half, after Carroll got traded. It will be over after 1st leg.
Barca won't come close to giving 60M for Fab. He is not worth that much, and if Real wants to pay that much, good for them. Doubt Fab signs with them anyway.

So its over?

Cool!
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dman:
Originally posted by Chicharito:
I wouldn't be shocked if arsenal advances. But it would probably guantee cesc's move in the Summer. Arsen could probably get 60 mil for him.

Arsenal just gave up 4 goals to Newcastle in the 2nd half, after Carroll got traded. It will be over after 1st leg.
Barca won't come close to giving 60M for Fab. He is not worth that much, and if Real wants to pay that much, good for them. Doubt Fab signs with them anyway.

So its over?

Cool!

I'm a Barca fan, and you're an Arsenal fan and you said yourself that you'll be shocked if Arsenal goes through. You're one funny dude.

Not happy that FC Barcelona gave the game away. Ball control vastly in FCB's favor, but could not cash in-- FCB fell apart after leading 1-0.

My son went ballistics. After FC Bayern, his favorite team is Barca.
Share 49ersWebzone