There are 162 users in the forums

Geno Auriemma needs to start coaching men

He's won 78 games in a row and back-to-back championships. How many more does he need to win before he's satisfied? It's like he's playing a videogame on easy and winning every game by 100 points. He needs to up the difficulty.

Go coach UCLA or something.
No mens programs want him, from what i understand he has never been offered a mens coaching job
Hes a pervert dude.

Originally posted by valrod33:
No mens programs want him, from what i understand he has never been offered a mens coaching job

I find that hard to believe.

I'd hire him as my coach.
Im sick of ESPN comparing what Uconn is doing to what UCLA did.....f**k that $hit!!!!! Its WOMENS BBALL!!!!!!!!!!! Not Mens.....talk to me when its Mens!!!!!!!
Dan asked Auriemma why he dosn't leave for a men's program. Auriemma said he doesn't get calls. He tried to explain why.

"We live in different worlds I would assume. There are so many coaches that I know that coach women's basketball that are 100 times better than a lot of the coaches in men's basketball.

Auriemma did say he got a call from a "high major" program about four years ago. "It was a team that could make it to the Final Four," Auriemma said.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/?eref=sihp#ixzz0kR2kQ2mu
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
Originally posted by ninerlifer:
Im sick of ESPN comparing what Uconn is doing to what UCLA did.....f**k that $hit!!!!! Its WOMENS BBALL!!!!!!!!!!! Not Mens.....talk to me when its Mens!!!!!!!

the womens game isnt as fun to watch in my opinion, but that many wins in a row and being that dominant is a huge accomplishment. You dont have to watch it (i dont) but disrespecting the accomplishment because of gender is absurd and ignorant.
Originally posted by notsoempty86:

the womens game isnt as fun to watch in my opinion, but that many wins in a row and being that dominant is a huge accomplishment. You dont have to watch it (i dont) but disrespecting the accomplishment because of gender is absurd and ignorant.

no its not absurd and ignorant, its a fact, the competition is at a higher level, than the womens. period.
Hes a pervert dude.

no its not absurd and ignorant, its a fact, the competition is at a higher level, than the womens. period.

if you mean that the men's game is better, faster, stronger then I agree. But the women are competing on a level playing field, just like the mens, so why doesnt uconn's streak mean anything?

with your logic why bother watching or appreciating men's high school or college sports? Th

if you mean that the men's game is better, faster, stronger then I agree. But the women are competing on a level playing field, just like the mens, so why doesnt uconn's streak mean anything?

with your logic why bother watching or appreciating men's high school or college sports? Th

I think youre missing my point. You cannot compare the two dynasties, they are completly different, they are women, against men. ESPN is doing this, and you cannot compare the 2. Thats my point, youre twisting it around, just like ESPN into comparing them and UConn on their way to breaking the record....theres no record for them to break...just like Pat Sumitt having the all time caoching record for wins. Its in Womens Basketball, not in Mens. She is the all time leader in womens basketball, just like UConn's womens bball, is womens bball.

dude 77 wins in a row?

I think youre missing my point. You cannot compare the two dynasties, they are completly different, they are women, against men. ESPN is doing this, and you cannot compare the 2. Thats my point, youre twisting it around, just like ESPN into comparing them and UConn on their way to breaking the record....theres no record for them to break...just like Pat Sumitt having the all time caoching record for wins. Its in Womens Basketball, not in Mens. She is the all time leader in womens basketball, just like UConn's womens bball, is womens bball.

Agreed. They're two completely different records, and they shouldn't be compared.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

dude 77 wins in a row?

impressive for womens bball, it will and should not be a record for both Div 1 Mens and Womens....that is rediculous.
Originally posted by MoistButtCheeks:

dude 77 wins in a row?

impressive for womens bball, it will and should not be a record for both Div 1 Mens and Womens....that is rediculous.

Just my opinion. There literally hundreds of "womens" NCAA teams who could only wish for a 20 win season.

To have 78 in a row is telling. Thats just how I look at it. IMO its actually an underrated feat.

Who cares if its mens or womens?
Share 49ersWebzone