Soccer: C. Ronaldo vs Messi

Soccer: C. Ronaldo vs Messi

Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by NickV:
Originally posted by crzy:
Give me Messi easily

...and if I want a pure striker - give me Torres.

agreed

I disagree with this now lol

lol yeah...things have changed a bit for Torres. Ronaldo is playing at a much higher level now than at any point during his career, but Messi has won 3 and if Barca wins CL - he will win 4 straight Balon D'or trophies. The kind of stretch Messi is on currently is just absurd. He has 15 goals in last 4 games he has played.

Torres fell of hard, so did Villa. I think in terms of pure striker Real Madrid host the best in the world. Benzema, Ronaldo and Higuain? thats just embarassing riches.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Torres fell of hard, so did Villa. I think in terms of pure striker Real Madrid host the best in the world. Benzema, Ronaldo and Higuain? thats just embarassing riches.

Villa is injured, and was playing out of position with Barca and still scoring goals. Torres has zero confidence, the guy needs to come back to Spain. I still don't think he is done. He may never be as good as he was, but he is still pretty young and I expect him to make a comeback at some point. It won't happen at Chelsea though - too much pressure there. He needs to go to a team that will be just happy to see him on the squad.

Ronaldo is def. the best striker today, closely followed by Persie. The amount of goals he has scored playing in front of that horrible defense is simply amazing. He is carrying Arsenal single-handedly. Best player in EPL hands down.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

When it's all said and done, Messi won't be remembered just as one of top goal-scorers of all time - he will remembered as one of top passers of all time.
Cristiano's ballin' just as hard. Right now Messi's got the hardware to back it up doe.

When it's all said and done, Messi won't be remembered just as one of top goal-scorers of all time - he will remembered as one of top passers of all time.

I'm sure I've said this elsewhere, but Messi's position among the best of all time will rely heavily in his ability to win a WC with Argentina
The real question is who's better, Messi as a soccer player or Hudson as a commentator lol
messi and its not even close.
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Ronaldo is way better looking

Daddy want
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Originally posted by vrabbit:

I'm sure I've said this elsewhere, but Messi's position among the best of all time will rely heavily in his ability to win a WC with Argentina

I don't think so. It won't matter because he is that much better. The Brazilian squads Pele won the WC with had many great players - Messi unfortunately is playing for Argentina at a time when they don't have any good players in mid-field or defense. Even Maradona had great defense during his time with Argentina. We will see though, Messi has 2 more WCs in him easily, so who knows - but I'm pretty sure he will go down as the best ever regardless.
  • 4ML
  • Veteran

No other player has or can do this consistently and then lead the league in scoring almost every year to match the most feared striker we have in the game today. Ronaldo is a great player, but Messi is on another level.

Originally posted by vrabbit:

I don't think so. It won't matter because he is that much better. The Brazilian squads Pele won the WC with had many great players - Messi unfortunately is playing for Argentina at a time when they don't have any good players in mid-field or defense. Even Maradona had great defense during his time with Argentina. We will see though, Messi has 2 more WCs in him easily, so who knows - but I'm pretty sure he will go down as the best ever regardless.

he has at least 3 more WC's in him, and it matters, oh it matters
When on form, Robben is the best imo. but hes too injury prone. So Messi.

5 goals in a single game

3 goals short of single season record set by him and Ronaldo (and theres still three months left)

5 goals short of all time club record thats been around for over a hundred years.

theres still doubt?

not trying to troll, but the rules and style of soccer today have changed much like the NFL. Offense is favored.

but like I mentioned before, if he wins a World Cup, then yeah. most def. Especially since we live in an age of technology where everyone has access to see him make his magic.
  • Amir
  • RIP Amir, Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 1251alex:

5 goals in a single game

3 goals short of single season record set by him and Ronaldo (and theres still three months left)

5 goals short of all time club record thats been around for over a hundred years.

theres still doubt?

not trying to troll, but the rules and style of soccer today have changed much like the NFL. Offense is favored.

but like I mentioned before, if he wins a World Cup, then yeah. most def. Especially since we live in an age of technology where everyone has access to see him make his magic.

Not impressed with him. Talk to me when he throws for over 300 yards.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Arminini:
The real question is who's better, Messi as a soccer player or Hudson as a commentator lol

I loveeeeeee Hudson commentary. He loves the game so much. Plus this guy has the biggest man crush on Messi lol

"MESSI IS JUST SHORT FOR MESSIAH!!"

lmfao

I still love CR7 tho. If he had messi's dribbling skills to go along with all his skill moves
Share 49ersWebzone