LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 159 users in the forums

Soccer: C. Ronaldo vs Messi

Soccer: C. Ronaldo vs Messi

• dman
  • Veteran
Ill take Messi now but all this talk of him being the best ever is a joke ...
I am a big Real Madrid fan but i will say this.

Since Ronaldo can't win the big games for Real Madrid I go Messi. For all that money shelled out I still cannot believe Real Madrid are still losing all these big games.
  • Shifty
  • Veteran
I think the World Cup will be an awesome measuring stick for both these players.
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersMyLife:
Originally posted by crzy:
Give me Messi easily

...and if I want a pure striker - give me Torres.

agreed
^^ lol
Originally posted by dman:
Ill take Messi now but all this talk of him being the best ever is a joke ...

with him being as young as he is and has won everything that hes competed for, I think its justified, once and if he ever wins a World Cup dont be surprised if by the end of his career he is hailed as the best ever.
Originally posted by saniner:
Messi! That little guy is fearless. Ronaldo has crazy footwork and handles PKs really well, but I'll take Messi easily. Scary thing is he's still really young and probably hasn't hit his peak yet. Ronaldo tries to be too flashy and tends to try and draw the PK too many times for my liking.

Agreed. Messi is scarey good. Street player, does whatever it takes to win. Has great supporting cast. Runs forever. Effective , does not back down in a crowd.

Been with Barca for years.

Does not have the looks of Ronaldo. so it cuts down on his marketing value.

4 goals in a recent game. Can control a game at will.

Argentine press is a bit down on him. Diego M. has no idea as a trainer and does not utilize him properly.

My older son thinks he's the greatest and so do most of the guys around .
Originally posted by socalfan21:
I am a big Real Madrid fan but i will say this.

Since Ronaldo can't win the big games for Real Madrid I go Messi. For all that money shelled out I still cannot believe Real Madrid are still losing all these big games.

Van Gaal says the same. All that money and fighting it out with Barca for just one title this year.
Are people still debating this?? two time Balon D'or winner at 23 wins this argument hands down everytime. hell theyre comparing people to him now. I heard Pele called that kid Javier Hernandez the next Messi lol.

Originally posted by ruthless49er:
Are people still debating this?? two time Balon D'or winner at 23 wins this argument hands down everytime. hell theyre comparing people to him now. I heard Pele called that kid Javier Hernandez the next Messi lol.

yeah they were

a year, a month, and 12 days ago
  • NickV
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NickV:
Give me Messi easily

agreed

I disagree with this now lol
I'm a Madrid fan and it's messi. He knows how to will his team to victory which is something I haven't seen very much from CR

5 goals in a single game

3 goals short of single season record set by him and Ronaldo (and theres still three months left)

5 goals short of all time club record thats been around for over a hundred years.

theres still doubt?
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
Give me Messi easily

agreed

I disagree with this now lol

lol yeah...things have changed a bit for Torres. Ronaldo is playing at a much higher level now than at any point during his career, but Messi has won 3 and if Barca wins CL - he will win 4 straight Balon D'or trophies. The kind of stretch Messi is on currently is just absurd. He has 15 goals in last 4 games he has played.
Share 49ersWebzone