There are 112 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Torrii Hunter is racist against black latinos? WTF??

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/mlb/news/story?id=4983236

He calls them a bunch of imposters and says they're the reason more black american players aren't in baseball, because the MLB owners don't want to play black americans 5 million dollars when they can pay a black latino a bag of chips. I never thought of him like this. This is a racist statement IMO, it's not their fault more black african americans aren't playing baseball. A lot of black americans play football and basketball instead, these guys are in the MLB cuz they can flat out play not because they're trying to be imposters or because the owners are scared to pay black americans. That's bulls**t.
The owners will pay whoever is a good player and helps their team win. George Steinbrenner for example would pay somebody who is green if they would help the Yankees win.
Originally posted by SanDiego49er:
The owners will pay whoever is a good player and helps their team win. George Steinbrenner for example would pay somebody who is green if they would help the Yankees win.

Seriously - who cares about skin colour except morons when hiring ball players?

If the Giants could win with polka dot midgets - I would be all for it.
[ Edited by RogerCraig on Mar 11, 2010 at 3:05 AM ]
one of the ESPN comments:

"You know you're doing something wrong when you make Ozzie Guillen sound calm and rational."

lol
It just never ceases to amaze me how stupid people can be. Did he actually believe that these comments wouldnt get him bad publicity and make him look like an idiot? Maybe he is a Niner Talk poster and we dont know it.
He definitely misspoke. However, I doubt that he's racist.
Idiot.
Torrii Hunter makes Adolf Hunter look like Ghandi
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Torrii Hunter makes Adolf Hunter look like Ghandi

I wrote Adolf Hunter, and I'm sticking to it.
Originally posted by Jigga:
He definitely misspoke. However, I doubt that he's racist.

I dont think you can just mis speak about something like this unless you really believe it. So, I do believe he is a racist to a small degree. Mostly he is just stupid though.
I just don't understand what's the point of making those comments? Maybe Dominicans are just more interested in baseball & have the talent to do so. GM's don't give s**t about race, all they want to do is win.
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Mar 11, 2010 at 9:22 AM ]
Ignorant, but likely not racist...
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Torrii Hunter makes Adolf Hunter look like Ghandi

I wrote Adolf Hunter, and I'm sticking to it.

Originally posted by BirdmanJr:
I just don't understand what's the point of making those comments? Maybe Dominicans are just more interested in baseball & have the talent to do so. GM's don't give s**t about race, all they want to do is win.

we do have more interest in baseball. and since most are poor, its pretty much the only fun thing to do and to many the only way to get paid so they work hard at it every day. while here in the usa you got many other sports and other things that take your mind out of sports.
Torrii's just mad cause he sucks at basketball.