Depends which sport ...
Baseball:
Angels winning WS > Anything the US does
Basketball:
Lakers Championship > Gold Medal
Soccer:
US World Cup win > Arsenal winning Champs League
Hockey:
US Gold Medal > (dont really have a team)
There are 431 users in the forums
Which competition is more important to you as a fan?
Which competition is more important to you as a fan?
Mar 10, 2010 at 5:33 PM
- dman
- Veteran
- Posts: 7,453
Mar 10, 2010 at 5:34 PM
- pantstickle
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 3,598
The Spurs championships were always more exciting to me than anything national.
Mar 10, 2010 at 5:44 PM
- BigRon
- Legend
- Posts: 14,826
Giants Baseball. Any day of the week. Nothing else matters unless the Niners are playing that day.
Mar 10, 2010 at 5:47 PM
- blunt_probe
- Veteran
- Posts: 21,298
49ers
Giants
Sharks
They're the teams that matter to me at the end of the day. I'd say Warriors too, but they're a f**king joke. I wish they'd just move so I could kill the tiny spot of love for them in my heart. As for nation, I care about the olympics somewhat, but not for anything else.
Giants
Sharks
They're the teams that matter to me at the end of the day. I'd say Warriors too, but they're a f**king joke. I wish they'd just move so I could kill the tiny spot of love for them in my heart. As for nation, I care about the olympics somewhat, but not for anything else.
Mar 10, 2010 at 6:23 PM
- SunDevilNiner79
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 61,651
Depends on sport.
Hockey and soccer I care more about international competition. Every other one, I care more about a club. I voted nation since hockey is my favorite sport.
And its only if NHL players can play in the Olympics.
Hockey and soccer I care more about international competition. Every other one, I care more about a club. I voted nation since hockey is my favorite sport.
And its only if NHL players can play in the Olympics.
Mar 10, 2010 at 6:31 PM
- silkyjohnson
- Veteran
- Posts: 6,481
Depends on the sport... basically, soccer, it's National.
Every other sport is club.
Every other sport is club.
Mar 10, 2010 at 6:46 PM
- crzy
- Hall of Fame
- Posts: 40,285
For every sport other than soccer, I care more about my club teams.
However, for soccer, I am a US fan. Too bad, they have no shot at winning the World Cup anytime soon.
I don't really care about any Olympic event, not even Olympic basketball...because the US doesn't have any real competition right now.
However, for soccer, I am a US fan. Too bad, they have no shot at winning the World Cup anytime soon.
I don't really care about any Olympic event, not even Olympic basketball...because the US doesn't have any real competition right now.
[ Edited by crzy on Mar 10, 2010 at 6:47 PM ]