LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 293 users in the forums

Which is tougher: NBA back to back or NHL back to back?

Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by blacksailsmd:
hockey isnt a real sport

spoken by someone that knows nothing of the sport, and lives in the crack den of the country New Mexico. WOOT! your opinion lost so my respect in my eyes right now

I grew up in Colorado, and watched hockey up until they had the lockout. They lost me with that.

but living in New Mexico doesnt effect my knowledge of sports, so dont be an idiot

Yes it does. The alien frequencies coming from crashed UFOs have been proven to reduce sports knowledge in the average person by at least 18%
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
hockey isnt a real sport

spoken by someone that knows nothing of the sport, and lives in the crack den of the country New Mexico. WOOT! your opinion lost so my respect in my eyes right now

I grew up in Colorado, and watched hockey up until they had the lockout. They lost me with that.

but living in New Mexico doesnt effect my knowledge of sports, so dont be an idiot

Yes it does. The alien frequencies coming from crashed UFOs have been proven to reduce sports knowledge in the average person by at least 18%

hockey isnt a real sport

If this wasn't the internet I would quiz you on the history of the Stanley Cup...but I know you are simply going to google it anyways. Bet you don't know which player not once but twice lost it at a strip club?
hockey isnt a real sport

If this wasn't the internet I would quiz you on the history of the Stanley Cup...but I know you are simply going to google it anyways. Bet you don't know which player not once but twice lost it at a strip club?

No i dont know that, why would I?

I watch hockey from when the Nordiques became the Avs, in 95 and like i said i watched until the lockout, i enjoyed watching it but i didnt care for it as much as i do MLB, NFL or NBA, so im sorry i wouldnt pass your stanley cup quiz.

btw i was being sarcastic

[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 2, 2010 at 14:52:14 ]
hockey isnt a real sport

Your logic is flawed more than people not realizing the sarcasm in val's first post.

By your logic, anybody that doesn't live in the Bay Area has zero knowledge of the 49ers, their history, or any of it's players.
Bowen meant the NBA is tougher back to back...for the other guy.

I mean, "the other guy" received karate kicks to the face from Bowen. Match that NHL.
Originally posted by Jordache49:
NHL back to back easily... A lot more leg work. Skating is harder on the legs than running. A lot more physical play in hockey in general. Hitting, fights, blocked shots, etc...

IMO its not even close

i was thinking the same thing.. hockey looks pretty tiring.. unless you're the goalie
Originally posted by Joecool:

I mean, "the other guy" received karate kicks to the face from Bowen. Match that NHL.

Damn, I wonder how bad they would look if Bowen was in the NHL?

Originally posted by Jordache49:
Originally posted by Joecool:

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
hockey isnt a real sport

Your logic is flawed more than people not realizing the sarcasm in val's first post.

By your logic, anybody that doesn't live in the Bay Area has zero knowledge of the 49ers, their history, or any of it's players.

answer my question, if you act like you know about a sport...then know it's history.
the cup itself has more history then all of football

Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by diehardnyninerfan:
hockey isnt a real sport

There's nothing more that annoys me more on this board then stupid comments.Just this comment along tells me alot about your knowledge of any sport.This is why i am a member here for over five years but have less then 1000 posts because it's hard to talk to alot of people on this board when they don't have a clue what they are saying.

1) You have more than 1,000 posts

2) If you've been here that long, you should know that val is making a joke, just like 99% of the things he posts around here.

Yeah i know he was joking since so was i.I don't have alot of posts because i am just to damn lazy to type.Besides who asked you anyway.P.s sid the baby sucks.
NHL for sure. It's just a way tougher sport in general.
In terms of conditioning, think about the length of time they are on the court/ice. Basketball players can last an entire quarter without resting, maybe even an entire half (Monta/Curry). But hockey player's shifts only last 45 to 60 seconds, after which they need to be replaced as soon as possible.

It's tougher for the NHL on back to backs, but the NBA still is athletically better than all sports (football and baseball included).
This thread is funny.

Riddle me this, valrod, and prove your worth to me: Who's cuter, me or Stoney?
Originally posted by DarthNiner:
In terms of conditioning, think about the length of time they are on the court/ice. Basketball players can last an entire quarter without resting, maybe even an entire half (Monta/Curry). But hockey player's shifts only last 45 to 60 seconds, after which they need to be replaced as soon as possible.

It's tougher for the NHL on back to backs, but the NBA still is athletically better than all sports (football and baseball included).

I disagree. Hockey players make the types of moves NBA players make while displaying an incredible amount of balance along with a higher degree of physical contact. On top of that, they are not allowed to directly use their hands and must manipulate a tool to preciseness.

It also depends on what you call athletic. A 7-footer like Gasol may be athletic for his height but he is not athletic in terms of being able to do most things a guy who is 6'3" can do.

You put NFL, NHL, and NBA players in a series of multiple contests including events similar to the NFL combine, including events that address their strengths such as moving while dribbling and I bet NHL players lead overall in strength, agility, and other attributes.

There's really very little too fat or too skinny or too tall NHL players.
Share 49ersWebzone