There are 198 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Official 2010 Oakland A's Thread

• crzy
  • Veteran
Thank god, Michael Savage makes my ears bleed.
we don't want the A's here in san jose. keep them in oakland!
Well too bad, pretty good chance the A's move to SJ.

When you talk about all that money with corporations down in the south bay that will immediately open up their wallets and put money into the team and league, something many of these companies won't do if there is no team in SJ.

You don't think MLB and the other owners other than one that shall remain nameless wouldn't want that to happen. Add to that the A's finally getting off the welfare system really in MLB where they pocket 30 million before the season from the other higher revenue teams.

Polls show that a strong majority of the public down in the south bay wants the A's to move here when the merc did a scale poll from 1-10 last June...
Quote:

77 percent rated the statement, “The A’s will pay the entire cost to build the stadium” an 8 or higher.

72 percent rated the statement, “The plan will not require any tax increase, bond issue, or any money from the city’s general fund” an 8 or higher.

70 percent rated the statement, “The ballpark will be highly connected to transit, with current stations for Caltrain and light rail and future stations for BART and high speed rail all located next to the stadium” an 8 or higher.

It's a complete win win deal for SJ, the A's, and the business community. I can see why the SFG are doing all they can to stop the move and worried about actually have some sort of on and off the field competition here if the A's move down to SJ. Something that hasn't been happening for really the past 15 years when the Haas family sold the team and the two ownership groups since has done all they can to not only drive away fans but also done nothing off the field with in deals with actually running the business side of the team all that well either.

No wonder there are "push polls" done on the phone recently by some group who is completely misrepresenting the entire A's park project financials...
Quote:

1) Do you support a ballot initiative for a new Baseball stadium in San Jose?

2) Would you still support the stadium if you knew public money would be used for the stadium at a time when the city doesn't have enough money for schools, public services, ect...

Complete BS, this deal is very similar to that of both SF teams ballot measures for new stadiums. I said it before, but I find it amusing that anti SJ group led by a SFG hack is arguing that the plan for SJ is gonna be horrible for them when it's basically the same plan the SFG used and look how it's worked for them over the past decade.

Really SFG and their hacks can stoop to lying really regarding the whole SJ park plan but those with an actual brain can see that it's a good deal if the A's move down to SJ and how much more vibrant a downtown SJ park would do in terms of transforming what is still a very dull downtown night light into a party atmosphere 81 times a year.

Now there's a report from the website biz of baseball that has SJ ranked #1 location to relocate a franchise. Hmmm, wonder which franchise they had in mind? Maybe one that's just a 40+ minute drive away from them up north?
Congrats of Carter for getting his first hit MON, his first multi hit game TUE, and now his first HR today.
I'm content with the season that the Athletics had. To go .500 with all of the injuries and inexperience is a good well done.

I don't see Texas creating a dynasty. Anaheim will surely re-load and get better, especially if Morales fully recovers. Seattle is an enigma. LOL
A .500 season is the definition of the A's this year... Awesome pitching with lousy hitting... Hopefully we can improve on that for next year. Carter seems like he could be a stud soon! What a quick, powerful swing!
Incredibly happy for Wash! Congrats to the Rangers!
So apparently Curt Young is leaving.

Probably because the A's only offered him a one year contract. Which is pretty much a huge slap in the face considering what he's done year in and year out for our constantly changing pitching staff.

f**k you Beane. The sooner Beane leaves the better. But he will never leave because Wolff gave him a freaking ownership stake in the team.

Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

Probably because the A's only offered him a one year contract. Which is pretty much a huge slap in the face considering what he's done year in and year out for our constantly changing pitching staff.

f**k you Beane. The sooner Beane leaves the better. But he will never leave because Wolff gave him a freaking ownership stake in the team.

Doooooooood!!! Curt Young has been great with our young guys. They all praise the guy, year in and year out. Unless we're stealing Dave Duncan away from LaRussa, I don't particularly care for this move.
Originally posted by AllTimeGreat:

God i can't believe Young is gone... why not keep Young and f**king ditch Beane... wtf.