Barton-1B
Sweeney-RF
Fox-3B
Gross-CF
Rosales-2B
Powell-C
Pennington-SS
Cahill-SP

...so Suzuki(C), Kouz(3B), Ellis(2B), Crisp(CF), and Cust(DH)...those who you'd assume will be starters come opening day won't be in today for the ST opener.
Well not a good way to start the exhibition season.
Rosales with the A's first hit, a HR, sure he's sprinting around the bases.
Is it safe to get a Brett Anderson jersey...
Originally posted by socalfan21:

This is the A's we're talking about, here. No player is ever safe.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by socalfan21:

This is the A's we're talking about, here. No player is ever safe.

It makes me want to cry... this is why player shirts are good.
Out of anybody in the org, I think the best shot to stay for a long time would be Anderson.
Carter did hit a HR Thursday.

Been described as a monster shot to LF that Slusser thought was over 500 ft and Carter didn't get "all of it".
Originally posted by ninerpride:
Carter did hit a HR Thursday.

Been described as a monster shot to LF that Slusser thought was over 500 ft and Carter didn't get "all of it".

I hope with Carter or Taylor surprises us and makes the team outta ST. Carter I do believe has a shot..
The Rajai Davis/MIke Gallegos commercial is fairly comical.

But what does that say about our team, when Rajai Davis is possibly the most marketable guy...?

I'd honestly would hope against that.

In all likely hood the A's aren't gonna compete for the postseason this year so why waste a year of service for those two bats.

Better yet they arrive by midseason and 2010 doesn't become what 09 was to a Anderson/Cahill whom a lot of A's would rather have not seen the full year basically wasting a year of service time for them too.

May not be what players or even some fans want to see or hear about but that's what ALL teams really do at this point, maybe not the big market teams that don't have to worry about resigning their young talent once they become superstars after 6 years but there's a reason why so many teams now are bringing up their young talent after May essentially.

Just last year we saw young studs like Wieters, Beckham, and many others are brought up just after the deadline date of the season they wouldn't have counted 09 as a year of service time.

A's will be in the same boat this year with the likes of Taylor and Carter in particular but who knows maybe a Cardenas, Brown, Donaldson, Doolittle and Ross arrive sometime by midseason too. All of them most likely will be up by SEP no doubt.
Bad D and bad performance by the SP in the first two games so far.
Goldstein with his top prospect list, 4 A's made the list...

11.Carter
20.Taylor
66.Ynoa
86.Green

...highest listing I've ever seen for Carter.

Still a bit shocked that Cardenas is not on many of these lists. Okay the power isn't there, least HR power, but he's projected to be a guy who can hit .300 "in his sleep", you wouldn't take that from a potential starting 2B in the bigs if true.
Hopefully our Taylor-Carter combination can be a poor man's Braun-Fielder combination.
In terms of rankings, Carter-Taylor are the best A's hitting prospects to come up around the same time since the days of Grieve/Tejada/Chavez arrived in 97 and 98.

Those three were all blue chip no doubt abouters. Grieve was ranked the top hitting prospect in baseball and the other two were top ten when they came up, Tejada/Chavez were I believe the top prospects at their respective position at SS/3B.

Scary how good that A's minor league system was back in 97-01.

Grieve, Tejada, Chavez, Mulder, Hudson, Zito, Hernandez, Ortiz...most of them other than Huddy were in ranked in the top 5 or better at their position when they came up.

Still can't believe how those early 2000s A's teams that were so stacked never made a WS.
Share 49ersWebzone