Originally posted by crzy:
The sad thing is.
Look at the top high school prospects every year. Half of them come from California, especially SoCal.
And they're all leaving the Pac-10
What are you talking about?
Not this year.
10. Josh Smith, C, Washington - committed to UCLA
26. Terrence Ross, SF, Oregon - uncommitted, but no PAC school in the race
33. Tyler Lamb, PG, So Cal - UCLA*
42. Keala King, SF, So Cal f- Arizona State*
45. Gary Franklin Jr., PG, So Cal - CAL*
58. James Johnson, PF, So Cal - Virginia
77. Allan Crabbe, SG, So Cal - CAL
88. Bryce Jones, SG, So Cal - USC
89. Daniel Bejarano, SG, AZ - Arizona
93. Anthony Brown, SF, So Cal - Stanford
98. Terrell Stoglin, PG, AZ - Maryland (only PAC school that wanted him was USC)
*All play for Mater Dei
This year 11 top prospects out west, with 2 not going to a PAC school. And no one really wanted Stoglin. There also 3 top 100 prospects not from West Coast going to a PAC school. That is usually how it goes.
Now last year was a completely different story. The 7 top prospects out West all left the PAC. But last year recruiting was a fluke (in 2008 9/12 top prospects in the West stayed in the West, PAC only missed Renaldo Woolridge (Tenn), Brad Tinnsley (Vandy), and Larry Drew (North Carolina). None of those 3 are any good....
[ Edited by SunDevilNiner79 on Feb 26, 2010 at 17:58:10 ]